patchy hair loss over nose

Old July 5th 04, 01:00 AM
dick

Default patchy hair loss over nose

My one year old american short hair suddenly is losing patches of hair
around his nose and under his eyes. It looks like mange. Any input
would be helpful.
Old July 5th 04, 01:36 AM
MacCandace

See a vet. Could be ringworm.
You could get it too.

Could be or it could be allergies or something else altogether. Once my late
cat, Cory, had that happen under his eyes. It was very strange. He had been
being treated for something else with depo-medrol injection and soon thereafter
developed patchy hair loss under his eyes. The vet never knew what it was and
then it went away after a few weeks. I felt it had to do with the depo-medrol.
Has your cat taken any medications lately?

Only a vet will be able to tell what it is.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old July 5th 04, 06:42 AM
guynoir

Does it look like the black cat at the bottom?

http://www.fabcats.org/eosinophilicgranuloma.html

If it is eosinophilic granuloma from mosquito bites, it will go away
when the mosquitos go away. It can be treated with a steroid shot, and
left untreated, it's completely harmless.

--
John Kimmel

I think it will be quiet around here now. So long.

Old July 6th 04, 05:19 PM
Dermuid

"dick" wrote in message
m...
: My one year old american short hair suddenly is losing patches of hair
: around his nose and under his eyes. It looks like mange. Any input
: would be helpful.

Have you got a photo?