Sorry, Kids, but I'm back

Old April 2nd 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Sorry, Kids, but I'm back

Just got home from Raleigh a bit ago. We had a great time, though we had to
change hotels because the Red Roof Inn was full up. So we ended up at the
Econo Lodge off of Capital Blvd and Appliance Road. It was a nice place and
we were able to find everything we wanted to see and/or needed. The museums
were awesome, especially the Natural History Museum. Jim didn't like the
State History museum, he felt it was cold and impersonal. I agree with him
up to a point, but the last time we were there, the exhibits were much more
personal and we felt more involvement with them.

There is a lot to see and do at the capital, but we didn't get to see or do
it all as Mike came down with the flu. Which put a damper on the
festivities. At least he did see the exhibit on the brain which started the
whole thing anyway.

The cats missed us, we think. Merlin climbed right on the plastic tote that
we use for Rob's and my luggage, and Tanada has been singing to us. Pine
Cone somehow got himself locked in Mandy's room, until our cat sitters
showed up Friday afternoon and let him out. I haven't seen Huey yet, I
suspect that he's up to his armpits in hoolikittens on the Mouser.

Pam S. who should be fishing kittens out of the drink right now.

--
http://www.mousertails.blogspot.com
Mouser Tails: The voyages of the Mouser

I'm not bad...I'm just written that way

Old April 2nd 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pamela Shirk wrote:
Just got home from Raleigh a bit ago. We had a great time, though we had to
change hotels because the Red Roof Inn was full up. So we ended up at the
Econo Lodge off of Capital Blvd and Appliance Road. It was a nice place and
we were able to find everything we wanted to see and/or needed. The museums
were awesome, especially the Natural History Museum. Jim didn't like the
State History museum, he felt it was cold and impersonal. I agree with him
up to a point, but the last time we were there, the exhibits were much more
personal and we felt more involvement with them.

Glad you had a good time.

I haven't seen Huey yet,

If you haven't seen him by now - perhaps you should look for him? Maybe
he got outside?

rrb

Old April 3rd 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-02, Pamela Shirk penned:

Why are you sorry you're back?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 3rd 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"rrb" wrote in message

If you haven't seen him by now - perhaps you should look for him? Maybe he
got outside?

Huey was mad at us for being gone. After I wrote the message, I found him
in Amanda's room on her bed. As soon as he saw me, he turned around and sat
with his butt towards me. I'd say that giving me the tail is a sign of his
being POed with me.

Pam S. who still hasn't got Huey to come to her for pettins

Old April 3rd 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-02, Pamela Shirk penned:

Why are you sorry you're back?

Humm, I guess I didn't write that up well. I meant to say, that I'm back
and I apologize to those who don't like it. Basically, I was copping an
attitude, and it back fired.

Pam S.

Old April 4th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-03, Pamela Shirk penned:

On 2006-04-02, Pamela Shirk penned:

Why are you sorry you're back?

Humm, I guess I didn't write that up well. I meant to say, that I'm
back and I apologize to those who don't like it. Basically, I was
copping an attitude, and it back fired.

Okay, yeah, I got that. I was just confused, because I wasn't aware
of any in-group fracas. Then I read the post, thinking maybe your
cats were acting miffed that you had left them, but no, they seemed
happy, too.

Anyway, regardless, glad you're back =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 4th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pamela Shirk wrote:
[...]

Welcome back Pam, sounds like you had a good time purrs that Mike is
better by now.
Suz&Spicey

Old April 4th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pamela Shirk wrote:
Pam S. who should be fishing kittens out of the drink right now.

And about time, too!

Caliban, treading water

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Back Online CatNipped Cat anecdotes 19 September 26th 05 02:01 PM
Decorating the Tree With Mommy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 53 January 18th 05 12:59 AM
Crazy kitties (long) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 18 August 20th 04 04:20 AM
A Morning With Sammy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 26 July 10th 04 12:43 AM
Back from Burma (long) OT badwilson Cat anecdotes 51 January 3rd 04 08:57 PM