Special treatment for Abelard

Old July 21st 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Special treatment for Abelard

For supper tonight he got a tablespoon of baby food (turkey with rice &
vegies) laced with homeopathic tissue salts and tuna flakes. He loved it!
Please purr that he can keep it down.

Old July 21st 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lois

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
For supper tonight he got a tablespoon of baby food (turkey with rice &
vegies) laced with homeopathic tissue salts and tuna flakes. He loved it!
Please purr that he can keep it down.

Purrs for Abelard to keep his food down and for you to find out just what
is wrong with him.

Lois

--
http://zeotropeburmese.kiwiwebhost.net.nz

Burmese are like potato chips, you can't just have one!

Old July 21st 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Pat wrote:
For supper tonight he got a tablespoon of baby food (turkey with rice
& veggies) laced with homeopathic tissue salts and tuna flakes. He
loved it! Please purr that he can keep it down.

Please switch to plain turkey baby food (Gerber makes some plain-meat
varieties (Turkey & Gravy, Chicken & Gravy, Ham & Gravy, Lamb & Gravy) - I
used it for all those bitties I've raised, Weebs included) - those 'veggies'
include onions - which are bad for kitties! I used to mix it with powdered
KMR and they all chowed down on it.

Old July 21st 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote

Please switch to plain turkey baby food (Gerber makes some plain-meat
varieties - those 'veggies' include onions - which are bad for kitties!

I thort I was doing good making it to the market on my bike in 100+ heat,
now I gotta do it again.... Ouch! Oh well I need the exercise.

Old July 21st 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Pat wrote:
"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote

Please switch to plain turkey baby food (Gerber makes some plain-meat
varieties - those 'veggies' include onions - which are bad for
kitties!

I thort I was doing good making it to the market on my bike in 100+
heat, now I gotta do it again.... Ouch! Oh well I need the exercise.

Actually, that tiny bit that he ate probably won't hurt him. I think the
"harm" that it does has to do with the way that their bodies process calcium
(read/heard that somewhere, but can't remember). I think it harms kittens
more than adults, but when they're sick, you can never tell.

Does your local market have early-morning/late evening hours - it would be
best to do the cycling then as it's not as hot!

It's not as hot here (mid 80'sF) but Indiana has *humidity*! I just brought
the trash cans in from the curb, and my shirt is damp! Got the d-pet tied
up outside for a potty-break, but as soon as he barks, he gets to come back
in. Glad I get to potty inside, where the A/C is