Apology

Old October 27th 04, 02:26 AM
Annie Wxill

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
.... This story is soooo funny. Well, prehaps not for the gull or Cinder
but I
will be chuckling all day about it as well as sending it off to other
"cat"
friends.

.... Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin, Aggie Marble, Victor Velcro

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

I forgot the part about how after the gull flew off, Cinder proceeded to
sit and wash herself with the "I meant to do that" attitude.
Annie

Old October 28th 04, 02:51 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:26:10 -0500, "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
m...
... This story is soooo funny. Well, prehaps not for the gull or Cinder
but I
will be chuckling all day about it as well as sending it off to other
"cat"
friends.

... Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin, Aggie Marble, Victor Velcro

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

I forgot the part about how after the gull flew off, Cinder proceeded to
sit and wash herself with the "I meant to do that" attitude.

Sounds like the kind of ride where a rodeo cowboy would have been
scored high by the judges and thrown his hat into the crowd - and
cowboys only have to stay on for eight seconds.

On a side note:

I used to be a big rodeo fan. I never really cared for the bucking
events. Though, top bucking horses and bulls actually live pretty
pampered life. They're ridden a couple times a month and take it easy
the rest of the time. A top bucking horse or bull is big money, and if
ridden too often is ruined for rodeo work. Still, I usually rooted for
the horse or bull - the rider is the one who is usually hurt, if
anyone is.

I loved to watch roping and bulldogging events. The teamwork between
rider and well trained horse is beautiful to watch. Then I started
thinking how it must feel to be running full speed and being roped and
jerked to the ground by the rope, or have somebody jump off a horse
onto your neck and throw you to the ground. Again, the top rodeos
don't work the steers and calves often, but it still can't be fun for
them. Since they're not worth nearly as much as bucking stock, they
end up being used more often.

The only things I really enjoyed watching were the horses in the
roping and bulldogging events, the grand entry and barrel racing. On
TV, the camera usually focuses on the cowboy in roping and bull
dogging, and usually skips the grand entry. So, IMHO, watching on TV
doesn't make much sense.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old October 28th 04, 03:45 AM
Sherry

[...]

I hate rodeos. I especially hate calf roping. Those are baby calves, and they
they are crowded into trailers and shipped in extreme heat, and can legally be
withheld water for 24 hours. It's not unusual for them to have severe bruising
and even broken necks after a rodeo. Besides that, it always struck me wrong
that paramedics are *always* on site for the cowboys, but there's *never* a
mobile vet to treat an animal, or put it down. It just suffers until the stock
owner decides what they're going to do.
The only redeeming quality IMO about a rodeo is the barrell racing and watching
the grand entry. I can't bear to watch anything else.
Sherry

Old December 20th 04, 10:57 PM
Tanada

Denise Clere wrote:

i've been trying to get all my cards out,honest ! but some of you may get them after Christmas,always delays.sorry. i love getting cards from diff. places tho ,kewl ! Denise & Maggie

I haven't mailed mine out yet, either. So all you all will have two
sets of cards to look forward to. I do have an excuse but I don't have
enough cheese and crackers to go with that whine.

Pam S.

An apology Bobcat Cat anecdotes 4 September 3rd 04 12:49 PM
OT - An 'apology' to the M.E. Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 8 July 6th 04 02:15 PM