"The Enemy" is trounced!

Old April 5th 05, 01:55 AM
Tony Wesley

Karen wrote:
My boy, Grant, who just passed away did too:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kchupl...35.jpg&.src=ph

I see. He's so dark, hard to see his features. The first picture in
the album shows him well. I see him on his back in some more, like the
"bikini" picture.

I'm sorry for you, it's tough when they go. I had two cats and dog,
got them within maybe 3 or 4 years, they were together for maybe 8
years and then they started passing on. It's not easy.

Old April 5th 05, 02:01 AM
Tony Wesley

Bill Stock wrote:
Cali by the fi

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_s...f9.jpg&.src=ph

That's funny! I really did LOL.

I went looking at a few of your pictures and I keep thinking "But
they're so small." Here's Mischief's little brother, Kahlua:

http://wideopenwest.com/~awesley5155/img/kahlua_01.jpg

He was quite suspicious when I put that 2-liter next to him, but enough
head scratching convinced him to stay there.

Old April 5th 05, 02:13 AM
Karen

in article , Tony
Wesley at
wrote on 4/4/05 7:55 PM:

Karen wrote:
My boy, Grant, who just passed away did too:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kchupl...35.jpg&.src=ph

I see. He's so dark, hard to see his features. The first picture in
the album shows him well. I see him on his back in some more, like the
"bikini" picture.

I'm sorry for you, it's tough when they go. I had two cats and dog,
got them within maybe 3 or 4 years, they were together for maybe 8
years and then they started passing on. It's not easy.

Yes, it really is. He was only 8. Here are some better pics of his face:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kchupl...0ad.jpg&.src=p
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kchupl...29c.jpg&.src=p

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kchupl...c0c.jpg&.src=p
Bikini girl is Pearl (all my cats are black):

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kchupl...2f3.jpg&.src=p

She has a liiiittle white on her besides the bikini.

Old April 5th 05, 02:13 AM
Karen

in article , Tony
Wesley at
wrote on 4/4/05 8:01 PM:

Bill Stock wrote:
Cali by the fi

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_s...=e3f9.jpg&.src
=p h

That's funny! I really did LOL.

I went looking at a few of your pictures and I keep thinking "But
they're so small." Here's Mischief's little brother, Kahlua:

http://wideopenwest.com/~awesley5155/img/kahlua_01.jpg

He was quite suspicious when I put that 2-liter next to him, but enough
head scratching convinced him to stay there.

Big genes

Old April 5th 05, 01:41 PM
Lesley Madigan

..

Well, when we were still living in a house, one of my
neighbors used to walk her miniature Schnauzer past it. I
was in the yard one day and commented when I noticed the dog
slowing and whimpering a little. I asked "Is she looking
for my cats?", and was told she was looking for the "killer"
cat! Apparently Patches thought it was great fun to come
running out of nowhere to leap over the dog! (Not attack,
just intimidation.)

One of the funniest things I ever saw.....if only video cameras had
been invented then.....

I looked out of the kitchen window because I could hear this
incredibly annoying yapping sound, all I could see was Speedy Joe
sitting on the garden wall with a smug expression so I went out to
look....

Basically there was this mininature Yorkshire terrier on the other
side of the garden wall and it was going spare, leaping about all over
the place and yapping madly because Speedy Joe had dangled his tail
down just out of the poor dogs reach and was waving it in a most
provocative manner. No matter how hard it tried to bite that tempting
tail, no matter how much effort it put into those little legs, it was
always just half an inch too far for the dog to get the tail.

Speedy Joe looked very smug I think he'd worked out how to drive the
poor dog to despair

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 6th 05, 10:31 PM
Tanada

Helen Miles wrote:

Reminds me of the joke, (This is the condensed version) where a Texan
goes to Australia and says to his host everytime he's shown something
"That's all very well, but the ones in Texas are bigger". Until he sees
a kangaroo, when there's a pause and the TExan suddenly comes out with,
"Crikey! That's a BIG mouse!"

Reminds me of the story about the Alaskan native who went hunting down
in Texas. Every time he commented on how big something was, the Texan
would tell him something on the order of yeah, it's a fair to middlin'
sized "........" Finally, the Alaskan invited the Texan to come up to
Alaska and go hunting. The Texan agreed, not too impressed, but polite.

A month or so later the Texan shows up in Alaska, and the native takes
him hunting. The grizzly bear didn't impress the Texan, no did the
Kodak bear. The salmon brought forth a yawn and a comment that it was a
fair sized trout. The moose wasn't as big as a Texan deer and so forth.

Finally, the native gets frustrated and sticks an Alaskan king crab in
the Texan's bunk while he was asleep. Of course the irate crab nips the
Texan in the leg with his claws, bringing the Texan out of his bunk
swearing and terrified. "Sh*t," he screams. "What the f*ck was that?"

"Oh," the native replies. "It was just a spider, I'm sure you have
bigger in Texas."

Pam S.
Old April 6th 05, 11:15 PM
SuzQ

Bill Stock posted:
Cali by the fi

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_s...f9.jpg&.src=ph
Cali has alot of purrsonality.
Suz&Spicey

Old April 7th 05, 03:46 PM
Lesley Madigan

One thing I have noticed is how much bigger USA cats are to British
Cats. Without exception, all mine wear considered "small" at the USA vet
they used, and Robbie is classed as one of their smallest at a healthy 7
1/2lbs. In the UK, an average cat is "usually" somewhere in the region
of 8-12lbs.

I've noticed this to. Fugazi, Isis and Speedy Joe all averaged about
12-14 pounds and were considered "massive" by several of my fellow
slaves. Redunzel and Sarrasine are smaller- Redunzel weighs in at
almost eight (she's smaller at the shoulder but heavier built than
Sarrasine) and Sarrasine is just under 7 pounds! But they are
perfectly fine and healthy!

Lesley

Slave to the Fabulous (and fabulousy petite) Furballs
Old April 8th 05, 12:56 AM
Enfilade

"SuzQ" wrote in message alkaboutpets.com...
Bill Stock posted:
Cali by the fi

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_s...f9.jpg&.src=ph
Cali has alot of purrsonality.