Cat Prayer

Old May 11th 11, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Kraut / Larry Stark

Default Cat Prayer

Cat Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray this cushy life to keep
I pray for toys that look like mice
And sofa cushions, soft and nice
I pray for gourmet kitty snacks
And someone nice to scratch my back
For windowsills all warm and bright
For shadows to explore at night
I pray I'll always stay real cool
And keep the secret feline rule
To NEVER tell a human that
The world is really ruled by CATS

-Author Unknown
Old May 11th 11, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

On May 11, 10:33*pm, kraut / larry stark wrote:
Cat Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray this cushy life to keep
I pray for toys that look like mice
And sofa cushions, soft and nice
I pray for gourmet kitty snacks
And someone nice to scratch my back
For windowsills all warm and bright
For shadows to explore at night
I pray I'll always stay real cool
And keep the secret feline rule
To NEVER tell a human that
The world is really ruled by CATS

-Author Unknown

Love this!
Old May 12th 11, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
at

On Wed, 11 May 2011 17:33:32 -0400, kraut / larry stark
wrote:

Cat Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray this cushy life to keep
I pray for toys that look like mice
And sofa cushions, soft and nice
I pray for gourmet kitty snacks
And someone nice to scratch my back
For windowsills all warm and bright
For shadows to explore at night
I pray I'll always stay real cool
And keep the secret feline rule
To NEVER tell a human that
The world is really ruled by CATS

-Author Unknown

This is great; I've never seen it before.

Speaking of sofa cushions: I have been finding Lorelei sleeping in my
living room, on my recliner, lately.

That's pretty good for a cat who wouldn't even go into the room, six
weeks ago

Also: now that's it's finally warm out, Lorelei is beginning to enjoy my
front porch. Just like Kenzie, I found her sleeping under the table
there, yesterday.

There are two layers of old carpeting on the front porch, so the floor
is probably softer than the cat tree where she usually sleeps.

It seems like I find her doing something 'new' a lot, recently.

I think she likes it here
Old May 12th 11, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

wrote:

[...]

I know she does! She is lovely!
Sukie is trying hard too, last night she came up beside my laptop and
just sat there. I was scared to touch her so we sat companionably for
just over an hour and then she jumped down, but it was good! She lets
me pick her up now too. Just as long as I hold her close she will
stay, if I loosen my hold, she wants down.
Think the four of us are on a voyage of discovery!

Bess
Old May 13th 11, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
at

wrote:

[...]

Lorelei has been here for over 6 months now.

It took a LONG time for her to 'settle in' he about 5 months, and the
process is continuing, every day.

If there are treats that Sukie likes, give her some when she joins you
at your computer.

I used canned food to lure Lorelei into my living room: she absolutely
would not enter, since I got her.

My computer is in the living room; my chair is just a few feet inside
the entryway. Lorelei would sit and watch me sometimes, but would not
enter, until I thought of using gooshyfuds to lure her in

I have a feeling that if I had tried it too soon, it simply wouldn't
have worked.

But it sounds like Sukie is already getting used to you. Rewarding her
with a treat (or gooshyfuds!) when she does something you want, is a
time honored method to get a cat (or dog) to do what you want her to do.

Lorelei didn't like being picked up, either. I used to give her some
Pounce soft treats when I picked her up.

Now, she lets me pick her up, just for the reward of scritches.

When she's had enough attention, she makes it known when she wants to
get down. She is gentle, but insistent.

But the important point is that now she LIKES to get picked up, for
awhile, anyways.

Lorelei is a very sweet and gentle cat, but she can be very stubborn,
too. Hmmm: stubborn cat...is that an oxymoron?

I hope Sukie continues to warm up to you, as Lorelei has to me