Strange story...opinions please

Old January 25th 04, 07:31 PM
AJ

Default Strange story...opinions please

Hello everyone, I am posting this here because I am totally stunned,
and distraught and in need of some input from fellow animal(cat)
lovers.
I brought my 6 year old tabby in to the vet on December 17th because
she was not eating and vomitting up bile, and was basically lethargic.
after about 5 days at the vets office he told me she was a very sick
cat and her blood work as well as US revealed kidney and liver
problems. He stated that she was not reponding to antibiotics, or IV
fluids, and wanted to continue with more tests.
At this point my husband and I decided to have her put to sleep. Our
bill was already escalating, and there was no improvement. Let me just
stress that this was an EXTREMELY difficult decision to make. Our four
kids were also extremely attached to her, most of all our six year old
daughter.
It has been five weeks now and my daughter is still crying over her
death.
Anyway we adopted our kitty from the humane society at 10 weeks, where
she was microchiped before leaving. Well yesterday I received a call
from the humane society saying that they had my cat there! I explained
the situation, and she asked me to describe our cat. After describing
her I was asked to come in right away.
When I arrived I was shocked at what I saw, it was my cat Abby!
Supposedly some woman dumped her off along with two other cats. The
woman claimed she had been given to her by a friend. Her belly was
shaved and her leg. The woman said that the cat was vomitting so she
brought her to the vet, where all testes came back negative. I have
been an emotional wreck for the past 24 hours. I mean we have all been
grieving her passing. We even set up a memorial with a picture I had
taken of Abby and lit candles around it daily.
Anyway I went in today and brought her home, the hardest part was
trying to explain to our kids that she was not actually dead, that the
vet lied!
What do you all think of this? I am stunned. I tried calling the vet
but his answering service refuses to call him, they say this is not an
emergency.
I cant for the life of me figure this one out.
What do you all think?

AJ
Old January 26th 04, 03:19 AM
ChildFree23

Where have I read this story before? Don't tell me I'm crazy. I KNOW I've
seen this story somewhere before.

ChildFree23
--
childfree twenty three at earthlink dot net

[story snipped]

Old January 26th 04, 12:53 PM
AJ

"ChildFree23" wrote in message hlink.net...
Where have I read this story before? Don't tell me I'm crazy. I KNOW I've
seen this story somewhere before.

ChildFree23

Well, I posted it to 3-4 other cat newsgroups. I am not sure how to
handle this situation, and am trying to get as much feedback as
possible before confronting the vet today.

AJ

Old January 28th 04, 05:44 PM
Uncle Fred

AJ wrote:
"ChildFree23" wrote in message hlink.net...

Where have I read this story before? Don't tell me I'm crazy. I KNOW I've
seen this story somewhere before.

ChildFree23

Well, I posted it to 3-4 other cat newsgroups. I am not sure how to
handle this situation, and am trying to get as much feedback as
possible before confronting the vet today.

AJ

in your area, at once. Also it is best when helping a four footed
friend to the bridge, (having him/her put to sleep), that the one
who is most loved by her/him be holding him/her when it is done,
and that she/he be at peace and comfortable, or as much as
possible. It makes for the gentlest journey and can leave no
doubt that the furry one is beyond pain and suffering.

Jetadiah and his hooman, Fred