# 3 into the Miles house. :)

Old January 12th 05, 11:52 PM
Helen Miles

Default # 3 into the Miles house. :)

Chatter the Calico has left home, and my ex-foster kitty Cleo got home
tonight. The reports I got from her adoptive mommy was that she had
spent the entire 6 weeks she had been in her adoptive home, hiding under
the bed, sneaking out for food late at night, biting everyone and just
generally behaving in an anti-social manner.

So, as it is a fantastic home (just not right for Cleo) I agreed that
they could try Chatter as a new owner, as she was much more suited to
the home personality wise, than Cleo.

When Cleo got home tonight, I spent a good 15 minutes apologising to her
for her "awful" experience, and explaining that I was very sorry for it,
and this is now her forever home and she doesn't have to go anywhere she
doesn't want to.

Cleo then trotted over to me with her tail up, marched around the study,
ate some dinner, and hasn't stopped doing rolly pollies, squeaking, and
coming over for head rubs. She's been very busy telling me about what an
awful time she had and how glad she is to be home. She's sitting in her
usual place on the windowsill next to my PC and is as happy as the
proverbial pig in mud.

She is definitely home. I'm so glad to have my quirky black and white
puss back. I really didn't want to let her go in the first place, but
didn't have a lot of choice.

Chatter, rather than be the difficult little calico she can be,
immediately spotted the fact that she would have a VERY serious slave to
pamper her, and did the total "hard sell" as soon as her new adopter
came through the door. It was a meeting of kindred
spirits, so I am very happy with that adoption. Hopefully, it will work
out for Chatter.

Cleo just wants to be left alone to do her own thing and have affection
when *she* wants it. Works for me.

I've booked her a vet appointment for shots, rabies jabs and a
microchip. Guess I have cat #3. My next cat was supposed to be a very
nice 6 week ginger tabby boy, in the same way Sir William was supposed
to be a small delicate baby tabby girl and not an 8 year old ginger and
white 14lb street stray. Someone said to me "You can never chose them,
no matter how hard you try, they will always find *YOU*". How very true.
) She's home. Happy sigh

Helen M

Old January 13th 05, 01:58 AM
Lucy's Mom

Happy sigh's here too. Sounds like a perfect solution for all
concerned...

--Kim and Lucy

Old January 13th 05, 10:48 AM
polonca12000

I'm so happy for both of you!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:3588ce6d4bb2e083381c532de5944a09.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Chatter the Calico has left home, and my ex-foster kitty Cleo got home
tonight. snip She's home. Happy sigh

Helen M

Old January 13th 05, 02:15 PM
Victor Martinez

Helen Miles wrote:
) She's home. Happy sigh

Glad to hear that!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 13th 05, 02:55 PM
Lisa Katt

Helen Miles skrev i meddelandet
lgate.org...
[...]

As long as everyone is happy - I am very happy for you.
Elisabet

Old January 13th 05, 06:15 PM
Exocat

Many concatulations of an eventually successful placement. I'm sure the
little darlings(?) have now persuaded you to "get it right" homewise and
they're now perfectly suited. Lots of luck to all of you in your forever
families.

Gordon & the TT

"Helen Miles" wrote

Old January 13th 05, 07:15 PM
Irulan

Glad to hear things seem to be working out with both kitties.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 14th 05, 03:18 PM
Adrian

Helen Miles wrote:
Chatter the Calico has left home, and my ex-foster kitty Cleo got home
tonight. The reports I got from her adoptive mommy was that she had
spent the entire 6 weeks she had been in her adoptive home, hiding
under the bed, sneaking out for food late at night, biting everyone
and just generally behaving in an anti-social manner.

So, as it is a fantastic home (just not right for Cleo) I agreed that
they could try Chatter as a new owner, as she was much more suited to
the home personality wise, than Cleo.

snip

Welcome home Cleo. I'm surprised you're getting her vacinated against
rabies, I didn't think this would be necessary in the UK. Is this
something to do with the passports for pets?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 14th 05, 05:08 PM
jmcquown

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

She's home. Happy sigh

Helen M

Excellent news for Cleo (and you). I sure hope it works out for Chatter.
Sometimes things just "fit"

Jill

Jellicle Ball: Furrst Drafft ov Nayms The Clowder Cat community 70 November 27th 04 04:02 PM
Jellicle Ball: Final Calling of Names Mietze Cat community 20 November 12th 04 07:59 PM
The Cats House Gee Cats - misc 4 April 21st 04 11:06 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM
Update on my friend whose house burned down Dan M Cat anecdotes 3 February 3rd 04 07:35 AM