"we" are settling in

Old March 5th 05, 02:32 AM
Duke of URL

Default "we" are settling in

I've been in the new apartment two weeks now.
Chaos no longer goes into a screaming (ever heard a Maine Cooncat holler?)
panic if she realizes she's ALL ALONE in a room because I'M NOT THERE!
I'm now allowed to close two doors (closets) ... sigh ... at this rate, I
should be able to close everything by midSummer...
She's discovered how easy it is to get into any window and how WIDE the
sills are ... purrfect for watching the world.
She is still not sure why the head has no window; in fact, she's not
convinced the huge mirror over the sink is NOT a window. If you examine it
REALLY close and search REALLY hard around the edges, you may find the way
out.
I was despicable today and left the apartment ALL day. First time I've been
out the door since moving here. I needed to go to town and get "stuff".
She's mustard-plastering; maybe by the time we go to bed, she'll be willing
to give me my left arm back. Maybe.

Old March 5th 05, 03:15 PM
CATherine

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:32:50 -0600, "Duke of URL"
wrote:

[...]

Awwww...she must feel lost at the strangeness and being without you
for a long time and is really feeling insecure. I don't suppose there
is any way you can take her shopping with you and just say she is a
seeing-eye cat? ;-) Please give her some cuddles from me. We are
purring and praying that you and Chaos settle in soon.

--
CATherine
Old March 5th 05, 04:06 PM
HRFLTiger

CATherine wrote:
I don't suppose there
is any way you can take her shopping with you and just say she is a
seeing-eye cat? ;-) Please give her some cuddles from me. We are
purring and praying that you and Chaos settle in soon.///

This reminds me of a supposedly true story I once read; during the
Vietnam War, some wise-a$$ general decided that to train cats as seeing
eye cats to guide the soldiers in the jungle in the dark because
apparently they could smell the vietcom (sp?) and were quieter than
dogs.

All that happened was that the cats went exploring, and the soliders
got lost!

I must dig out the link.

Helen M

Old March 5th 05, 04:39 PM
CatNipped

"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
oups.com...

This reminds me of a supposedly true story I once read; during the
Vietnam War, some wise-a$$ general decided that to train cats as seeing
eye cats to guide the soldiers in the jungle in the dark because
apparently they could smell the vietcom (sp?) and were quieter than
dogs.

All that happened was that the cats went exploring, and the soliders
got lost!

I must dig out the link.

Helen M

ROTFLMAOWTIME!! Obviously the general didn't know sh*t about cats!!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 5th 05, 04:53 PM
Lucy's Mom

Yep, that moving thing is tough, isn't it? Sounds like things are
settling down a bit, though. Purrs and scritches for all concerned.
As for the windows, can you put up a bird feeder or two? Our's are
very interested in bird-watching, as is Meowmie, who has been
designated "The Slave in Charge of Entertainment"!

--Kim and Crew

Old March 5th 05, 05:58 PM
Duke of URL

wrote:

[...]

heh. Nae bluidy likely! Everytime she manages to sneak outdoors, she gets
ALL the way to the front step, then remembers the world is full of
TEETHFANGSCLAWSBIGTEETH...

Old March 5th 05, 05:58 PM
Duke of URL

"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
oups.com...
CATherine wrote:

I don't suppose there
is any way you can take her shopping with you and just say she is a
seeing-eye cat? ;-) Please give her some cuddles from me. We are
purring and praying that you and Chaos settle in soon.///

This reminds me of a supposedly true story I once read; during the
Vietnam War, some wise-a$$ general decided that to train cats as seeing
eye cats to guide the soldiers in the jungle in the dark because
apparently they could smell the vietcom (sp?) and were quieter than
dogs.

All that happened was that the cats went exploring, and the soliders
got lost!

I must dig out the link.

Not as odd as you think. It's been done with leopards - they are perfect for
the job.

Old March 5th 05, 05:59 PM
Duke of URL

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
oups.com...

This reminds me of a supposedly true story I once read; during the
Vietnam War, some wise-a$$ general decided that to train cats as seeing
eye cats to guide the soldiers in the jungle in the dark because
apparently they could smell the vietcom (sp?) and were quieter than
dogs.

All that happened was that the cats went exploring, and the soliders
got lost!

I must dig out the link.

Helen M

ROTFLMAOWTIME!! Obviously the general didn't know sh*t about cats!!!! ;

MY sympathy is with the poor clottin' Corporal who got assigned as the
catherd.

Old March 5th 05, 06:01 PM
Duke of URL

"Lucy's Mom" wrote in message

Yep, that moving thing is tough, isn't it? Sounds like things are
settling down a bit, though. Purrs and scritches for all concerned.
As for the windows, can you put up a bird feeder or two? Our's are
very interested in bird-watching, as is Meowmie, who has been
designated "The Slave in Charge of Entertainment"!

Seriously considering it. Never succeeded at the house, I suppose because
there were so many cats/dogs roaming the neighborhood.
Now, though, and especially since my windows commence at ground-level, I
think it might succed. Lotsa fir bushes and trees just a few feet from the
outside.