"Where'd he go?"

Old September 7th 04, 03:51 AM
Marina

Cheryl wrote:

I have a big oak tree in my front yard that is dropping acorns
already, by the dozens. So of course there are squirrels busily
getting ready for winter. Bonnie and Shamrock are on their window
perches and I swear it is like watching people watch a tennis match.
Heads go right together, then both look up, eyes and heads following
the movements of a squirrel that has climbed on the roof and running
along the gutter (I saw a squirrel doing that when I was outside
working otherwise wouldn't have guessed that's what they were
watching). Then the squirrel must have gone on the roof out of their
line of sight because both kitties turned their heads toward the
*inside* of the house looking up at the ceiling in unison. Silly
kitties.

LOL! I have a photo of Frank and Nikki doing that. They're sitting in
the window at my mother's and watching a bird or something. I'll have to
scan it if I can find it.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old September 7th 04, 07:41 AM
LOL

Cheryl wrote in message ...
I have a big oak tree in my front yard that is dropping acorns
already, by the dozens. So of course there are squirrels busily
getting ready for winter. Bonnie and Shamrock are on their window
perches and I swear it is like watching people watch a tennis match.
Heads go right together, then both look up, eyes and heads following
the movements of a squirrel that has climbed on the roof and running
along the gutter (I saw a squirrel doing that when I was outside
working otherwise wouldn't have guessed that's what they were
watching). Then the squirrel must have gone on the roof out of their
line of sight because both kitties turned their heads toward the
*inside* of the house looking up at the ceiling in unison. Silly
kitties.

Heh. Synchronized kitties are soooo funny to watch.
------
Krista

Old September 7th 04, 07:54 AM

LOL wrote:

Heh. Synchronized kitties are soooo funny to watch.

I know! Many years ago I took in a mother cat and her 3 newborns.
When the kittens were about 2 months old, I started having lots of
fun with them. I can remember doing stuff like sitting on my bed
with a pen in my hand, waving it around in the air. The 3 of them
would sit on the floor in front of me, their heads going back and
forth in unison as they watched the pen move around. Hilarious!

Joyce

Old September 7th 04, 06:57 PM
Duke of URL

"Cheryl" wrote in message

I have a big oak tree in my front yard that is dropping acorns
already, by the dozens. So of course there are squirrels busily
getting ready for winter. Bonnie and Shamrock are on their window
perches and I swear it is like watching people watch a tennis match.
Heads go right together, then both look up, eyes and heads following
the movements of a squirrel that has climbed on the roof and running
along the gutter (I saw a squirrel doing that when I was outside
working otherwise wouldn't have guessed that's what they were
watching). Then the squirrel must have gone on the roof out of their
line of sight because both kitties turned their heads toward the
*inside* of the house looking up at the ceiling in unison. Silly
kitties.

They're trying to tell you he went into the attic through a hole...

Old September 7th 04, 07:13 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:57:55 -0500, "Duke of URL"
wrote:

"Cheryl" wrote in message

I have a big oak tree in my front yard that is dropping acorns
already, by the dozens. So of course there are squirrels busily
getting ready for winter. Bonnie and Shamrock are on their window
perches and I swear it is like watching people watch a tennis match.
Heads go right together, then both look up, eyes and heads following
the movements of a squirrel that has climbed on the roof and running
along the gutter (I saw a squirrel doing that when I was outside
working otherwise wouldn't have guessed that's what they were
watching). Then the squirrel must have gone on the roof out of their
line of sight because both kitties turned their heads toward the
*inside* of the house looking up at the ceiling in unison. Silly
kitties.

They're trying to tell you he went into the attic through a hole...

suppose that could well be the case. Last fall the squirrels
discovered a knothole in the cedar siding on our apartment building
and commenced stocking pecans for the winter. Sammy and Little Bit
started spending a lot of time by my kitchen window, the closest to
the new nest. I really don't think they could see anything, except the
squirrel coming and going, but they could sure tell something was
going on. Our landlord had a devil of a time stopping the squirrels
from taking up residence. He covered up the one hole they were using
with a piece of sheet metal. But the squirrels had figured out how to
enter through knotholes, and as soon the landlord covered one they'd
move on to the next - stubborn little critters. Ended up with the
landlord spending two or three days going around the two two-story
buildings covering knotholes with metal and stuffing steel wool in
cracks.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]