Ping Barry

Old June 22nd 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Ping Barry

Did you see our new addition We brought her home today the story is in the
other group under WHAT HAVE I DONE

Her name is Ka' Shay ( Don't ask ) she is about 8 weeks orange tabby
Hemingway ( 6 toes)

http://i5.tinypic.com/155o0w0.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/155o1vd.jpg

Old June 22nd 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Matthew wrote:
Did you see our new addition We brought her home today the story is in the

http://i5.tinypic.com/155o0w0.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/155o1vd.jpg

Yeee haaaw, pass the tylenol

I tell ya, I've had a blast with my kitten, she's not so kitten
anymore, but she is super sweet, I think you was fortunate to get a
female.

Best to ya's.

I like her name too.

Old June 23rd 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Actually it is a she
wrote in message
oups.com...
He's adorable!

Old June 23rd 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Matthew wrote:
Actually it is a she

is that your house in the pic?

that little gold amulet thingy looks like a woman letting a cat down
is that what that is?

is that your kitchen with the tile? I notice tile cause I've installed
my share of it

I actually enjoy it, but it is very demanding on all levels, mind and
body..

they look like 8" commercial grade tiles, like you might find in a
restaurant

and the blanket? looks like an old antique bed spread...

damn cats got it made!

Old June 23rd 06, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Actually that was the vet office and one of the staff holding the furball
"zigzag-man" wrote in message
oups.com...

Matthew wrote:
Actually it is a she

is that your house in the pic?

that little gold amulet thingy looks like a woman letting a cat down
is that what that is?

Have no idea I will ask her next time

is that your kitchen with the tile? I notice tile cause I've installed
my share of it

I actually enjoy it, but it is very demanding on all levels, mind and
body..

they look like 8" commercial grade tiles, like you might find in a
restaurant

and the blanket? looks like an old antique bed spread...

damn cats got it made!

YES THEY DO

Old June 24th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"zigzag-man" wrote in message
ups.com...

Matthew wrote:

damn cats got it made!

YES THEY DO

Hey what up

How is Ka' Shay doing?

She is doing great

Can you tell if she is outgoing yet? as in, not scared to move about
and explore?

She is still a little nervous still a little unsure on her feet a little
clumsy I don't think she was very socialized by her former owners. When
I feed her this morning she was purring up a storm. She is loud when she
cries She keeps getting her sixth toe on both feet caught in things she
has very long rear legs. I don't think the last person let her run around
or anything but at least they dumped her on a vet door steps

have you given her a bath or something

not yet don't need to the vet had her cleaned up

WHAT THE HECK ARE YA'LL DOING? JUST PETTING HER?

Doing our best to love her she is very unsure of when we hold her up she
distress cries loudly till we set her back down and Spirit comes running
and is not a happy camper about it he has nipped us twice for it.

does she like to snuggles? I bet she does

She still is a little unsure of her self. Our cat spirit won't leave her
alone he is right with her at all times and is starting to play with her.
When she cries he answers her and they both keep talk to each other

We are having to keep her a little seperated fom the others still she is
still so tiny she is maybe 6 to 7 weeks old Phantom is not sure what to do
Rumble is nervous and won't even come near Limo won't go in the room
don't have to worry about dumplin for he lives on the florida room and she
won't be going out there for a long time to come

Old June 25th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Cat-bird wrote:

We are having to keep her a little seperated fom the others still she is
still so tiny she is maybe 6 to 7 weeks old Phantom is not sure what to do
Rumble is nervous and won't even come near Limo won't go in the room
don't have to worry about dumplin for he lives on the florida room and she
won't be going out there for a long time to come

snipped for brevity lol

Matt, that's really great, sounds like Spirit has taken up the Ka' Shay
mantle

I counted 5 cat names in your post, I get the feeling there is alot of
peace between all of them on their own level. I'm sure the cats get
along mainly because you have your **** together; otherwise, I think
they would run over you; especially the kitten!

I wouldn't trade mine for anything, as I say, I have thoroughly enjoyed
Jupiter's silliness, although she came off quite sober very early on.
Jupiter and Lucy just breathe each other all the time; I feel lucky.

I was talking with a friend the other day, I said, cats are like old
men, they like to be set in their ways, but any way is fine with them
so long as they can count on something.

Old June 25th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"zigzag-man" wrote in message
oups.com...

Cat-bird wrote:

We are having to keep her a little seperated fom the others still she is
still so tiny she is maybe 6 to 7 weeks old Phantom is not sure what to
do
Rumble is nervous and won't even come near Limo won't go in the room
don't have to worry about dumplin for he lives on the florida room and
she
won't be going out there for a long time to come

snipped for brevity lol

Matt, that's really great, sounds like Spirit has taken up the Ka' Shay
mantle

It is os strange to see him act like that we have never had a cat do what he
has done it is like he is her big brother

I counted 5 cat names in your post, I get the feeling there is alot of
peace between all of them on their own level. I'm sure the cats get
along mainly because you have your **** together; otherwise, I think
they would run over you; especially the kitten!

6 cats total with Ka' Shay I could live with 6 more if I could

They do I just bow to their wishes and get out of their way
there is easy terms in the house Phantom and Limo( she was the onluy
female) get along no problem; they play occasionally. Limo and spirit hate
each other she knocked him around when he was a kitten now he gives her
hell right back unless she is next to one of us. Rumble is the dominat cat
of the house but gives the other room to breathe and ignores them till they
are in his way. Limo puts them all in place when they bug her. Rumble
gets in his moods when he starts to play he takes it to far and usually he
gets the angry voice telling him to stop. Phantom and spirit knock each
other around like a bunch of kids always fun to watch the old fart getting
his butt pinned by a smaller cat and him throwing a hissy fit because he did

We are not allowing Ka'Shay to have free run yet she is in our room door
closed and in a cat pen at night when we are sleeping or our of the house
she is just to small to get free roam just yet a couple more weeks and she
will have run of the house and the terror will begin. I think she is going
to drive all the cats nuts plus I still have to really kitten proof the
house and I want her to be a little bigger and more sure on her feet plus
be able to put a bell on her all our cats do except limo

I wouldn't trade mine for anything, as I say, I have thoroughly enjoyed
Jupiter's silliness, although she came off quite sober very early on.
Jupiter and Lucy just breathe each other all the time; I feel lucky.

I am the luckiest man alive to have my fur friends anyone or anything that
tried to take that away would find out how quick necks would get snapped

I was talking with a friend the other day, I said, cats are like old
men, they like to be set in their ways, but any way is fine with them
so long as they can count on something.

I describe mine like woman the do what they want get what they want they
say jump and we jump and we just do want they want with a stupid grin on
our face smiling to ourselves because we would not have it any other way
loving every second of it ( SSSH DON'T TELL THE WOMAN THE TRUTH)