How to put a Telemarketer off his game.

Old October 21st 04, 07:52 PM
---MIKE---

Verizon has to charge that in order to pay James Earl Jones to appear in
their ads!

---MIKE---

Old October 21st 04, 07:52 PM
---MIKE---

Old October 21st 04, 08:02 PM
Bob M

---MIKE--- wrote:

I'm not supposed to have calls from telemarketers. I am registered on
the do not call list and I pay $5.00 a month to prevent unidentified
callers from getting through. I have still gotten calls from Verizon
trying to "improve" my service. I also have gotten calls from the Bush
people (but these get through because they are identified). These are
usually recorded messages so all I can do is hang up.

---MIKE---

Verizon is the worst!!!! I have DSL service through Verizon and I've
had it for almost 5 years. I still get calls about 4 times per week from
them wanting me to get DSL. I have told them over and over very nicely
and now VERY rudely that I already have their DSL. I have talked to
supervisors and the idiots still call me. Well 2 weeks ago I did get a
few more calling features on my line. One of them is a phone number
blocking service. Well guess who made it to be #1 on my list? Yup, you
win, Verizon. I haven't had a call from the idiots in 2 weeks. Thanks
for letting me vent. I get so bent out of shape anytime I have to deal
with the idiots at Verizon. And now I have to call them to correct my
phone bill. I have had their 5 cent long distance plan for months. But
this month they charged me 25 cents a minute for long distance calls.
This company is really amazing at how they find new ways to screw up.

Bob

Old October 21st 04, 08:05 PM
Bob M

Victor Martinez wrote:

---MIKE--- wrote:
I'm not supposed to have calls from telemarketers. I am registered on
the do not call list and I pay $5.00 a month to prevent unidentified

They charge you for that? Here in Texas they first charged $2.50 for two
years, but not it's free. The national Do not Call list is also free.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

I'm on both the Texas and national lists and I still get calls from
telemarketers. I hate em! And I'm talking about companies that I don't
or never will do business with. If I want to buy their crap I will come
find them. Not the other way around. Each time I get a call now I file a
complaint with the Texas PUC.

Bob

Old October 21st 04, 08:14 PM
Sherry

If a telemarketer opens with that annoying and insincere introductory
question, "How are you today?" I immediately go into a long list of my
ailments, real and imagined. If I do this rapidly enough, he or she
can't interrupt. At the end I conclude with, "And, how are YOU today?"
They usually say "Fine" and quickly launch into their offer, which I
then politely refuse. I guess if this accomplishes anything, it's
perhaps to make them think twice about using that hackneyed phrase
again!

The political telemarketers annoy me worse than the ones selling something.
Yesterday, one called and wanted to give me a website. I said Just a minute,
let me get a pencil. I admit I dawdled a bit, but when I got back, she said,
"What did you have to do, go find a crayon?"
Sheesh.
Sherry