Help!!! Cats meows constantly

Old March 26th 04, 12:54 AM
~*Connie*~

with these kind of cat flaps is that you can totally lock them at night

so
your cat can't get out at all.

Jeannie

I'm going to look into it, but it's probably not feasible for where I

live.

Why not? they have ones you can put inside a window, so even if you don't
own the home, you can put one in with out making permanent changes

Old March 26th 04, 11:08 PM
Alison

"rob" wrote in message news:kNC8c.43$QO2.30@pd7tw1no...

.

Actually, he does. When he starts meowing like this, he knows he is

doing
something "bad". If we approach him, he'll run away from us, but

*only* when
he is in the middle of one of these meowing sessions. He knows that

he is
not supposed to be doing it, but carries on just the same.

Hi Rob,
Cats are very good at reading body language and sensing how you
feel, they can pick up the slightest signs so when you approach him,
it he can sense your approach is different or you are tense and maybe
not because he connects it to his meowing.
I'm still not clear about some things . How much time does he
actually spend outside? Does he tend to want to come in and out all
the time or does he spend long periods outside.
Alison

Old April 3rd 04, 08:11 AM
Maria

Please see 4/02/04 posting, Advice Needed Please, Maria Stencill. Igave
instructions to build a good and easy and cheap cat fence using 5' chicken
wire, metal posts, thin wire to secure the mesh to posts and tent pegs to
secure the bottom into the ground. Keeps cat in yard and all other animals
out.
"Matt" wrote in message
om...
Well, look at it this way at least you can let your cat out and there
is hope of shutting it up. My tomcat escaped about a month ago by
breaking through a screen window and ever since then he is convinced
that being an outdoor cat is his destiny. He cries all the time now
wanting to go out again and makes daily breakout attempts. The problem
is that we live next to (50 feet/20 meters) a major road with heavy
round the clock (even at 2 AM) traffic so there is no way that I will
let him out especially since he is a daredevil..

Old April 3rd 04, 11:19 PM
rangitotogirl

"Maria" wrote in message
news
Please see 4/02/04 posting, Advice Needed Please, Maria Stencill. Igave
instructions to build a good and easy and cheap cat fence using 5' chicken
wire, metal posts, thin wire to secure the mesh to posts and tent pegs to
secure the bottom into the ground. Keeps cat in yard and all other animals
out.

I'm curious though as to how 5 foot of chicken wire would keep them inside.
My cat used to run straight up a 5 foot high concrete water tank and I would
have thought that chicken wire was even easier. I guess the fact there is
nothing at the top to sit on before they make their descent might deter them
slightly.

Old April 4th 04, 02:00 AM
Ronda

Rob:
I first suggest talking to a vet. See if you can find one who is
familiar with natural remedies such as homeopathic and flower
essences. If you don't know what these are, research them. Animals
respond extremely well to these types of treatments. One I would try
if the animal were mine would be the homeopathic, Ignatia amara (St.
Ignatius bean). You can get this at a natural health food store (not
GNC). The people there may can help too. I use homeopathics for my
cat and dog that have hot spots and it works great. They stop chewing
their fur off! Homeopathics work very well on emotional and
behavioural problems. Also consider a cat cage (cattery) that opens
from a pet door or window. Cats are cats and will often want to be
out. You can give the cat a taste of the out doors by planting some
wheat or rye grass seeds in a pot. They like to eat grass and will
sometimes have a fit to get to some. Just be prepared for them to
throw it up at times. Good luck. R

Old April 5th 04, 10:34 PM
mmhsb4me

The thing with using chicken wire 5' roll attached/wired to metal poles
using pegs to drive bottom into grass, is this; though fence is very strong
cats feet/claws get caught in mesh and fence sways lightly with weight on it
(and cannot sit on top). Once they test fence with claws and find these
things they dislike, that's it they never try to climb it. My cats could
actually jump over it and do climb trees in yard but they leave the fence
alone, even strays do... It's worked for 7 yrs.
"rangitotogirl" wrote in message

news