Hi I am new, Just wanted tio share

Old November 15th 04, 02:12 AM
Hillia CAT

Default Hi I am new, Just wanted tio share

000i have had cat's all my life, never ran into this

It scared me to death, my 8 year old was fine, and when I woke up his
ear was just horribly swollen shut,

I Am housebound and could0 not take him to a Vet

I e-mailed a nice pet shelter and they told me he had an a broken viein
(a HENATOMA) in his ear, and a Vet could not help it.

It does0 not hurt him, but itches him some.

She told me that it would eventually0 heal

Old November 15th 04, 02:45 AM
Sherry

000i have had cat's all my life, never ran into this

It scared me to death, my 8 year old was fine, and when I woke up his
ear was just horribly swollen shut,

I Am housebound and could0 not take him to a Vet

I e-mailed a nice pet shelter and they told me he had an a broken viein
(a HENATOMA) in his ear, and a Vet could not help it.

It does0 not hurt him, but itches him some.

She told me that it would eventually0 heal

Your kitty needs to see a vet, even if you have to ask a friend or relative to
do it for you. At the very least, he probably has ear mites and digging in his
ears (they itch)...is why he got the hematoma in the first place. It needs to
be drained and he probably needs antibiotics. Good luck.

Sherry
Old November 15th 04, 05:44 PM
Barb

Call the vet and ask if he has a technician helping him there or a
receptionist who could pick up the cat for treatment and drop the cat off
again. I don't think anyone would charge an exorbitant fee to do this.
Hope you have a good travel case for the cat. Then maybe if the vet has no
help he may come and pick the cat up, himself.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old November 16th 04, 07:58 PM
Rene

"Barb" wrote in message .verio.net...
Call the vet and ask if he has a technician helping him there or a
receptionist who could pick up the cat for treatment and drop the cat off
again. I don't think anyone would charge an exorbitant fee to do this.
Hope you have a good travel case for the cat. Then maybe if the vet has no
help he may come and pick the cat up, himself.

Or maybe you can find a vet who can come to your house to treat your
kitty?

Another option: do you belong to a church? I know of several churches
here who offer rides and other services for the homebound, so maybe
there are some in your area that do this too. There is usually no fee.

Rene