OT Unexpected kindness

Old May 6th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default OT Unexpected kindness

I was at the supermarket this afternoon and I always look in the "sell by
date" bin as there are sometimes wonderful bargains to be had if you get
there just right. I freeze them.
I was out of luck, or so I thought. The bin was full of frozen rice, but
there was a supermarket employee marking down other stuff. I couldn't get
near because a woman was blocking it deliberately with her trolley, so I
walked away.
I hadn't gone far when a man, who I don't know from Adam, threw two packs of
outdoor reared pork chops and a pack of steaks (all reduced greatly in
price) into my trolley. I looked at him, amazed. I said "But don't you
want them yourself?" He said "No, I have enough.."
Isn't that just amazing?

Tweed

Old May 6th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
I was at the supermarket this afternoon and I always look in the
"sell by date" bin as there are sometimes wonderful bargains to be
had if you get there just right. I freeze them.
I was out of luck, or so I thought. The bin was full of frozen rice,
but there was a supermarket employee marking down other stuff. I
couldn't get near because a woman was blocking it deliberately with
her trolley, so I walked away.
I hadn't gone far when a man, who I don't know from Adam, threw two
packs of outdoor reared pork chops and a pack of steaks (all reduced
greatly in price) into my trolley. I looked at him, amazed. I said
"But don't you want them yourself?" He said "No, I have enough.."
Isn't that just amazing?

Tweed

It does restore your faith in human nature. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 6th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

I was at the supermarket this afternoon and I always look in the "sell
by date" bin as there are sometimes wonderful bargains to be had if
you get there just right. I freeze them.
I was out of luck, or so I thought. The bin was full of frozen rice,
but there was a supermarket employee marking down other stuff. I
couldn't get near because a woman was blocking it deliberately with
her trolley, so I walked away.
I hadn't gone far when a man, who I don't know from Adam, threw two
packs of outdoor reared pork chops and a pack of steaks (all reduced
greatly in price) into my trolley. I looked at him, amazed. I said
"But don't you want them yourself?" He said "No, I have enough.."
Isn't that just amazing?

Tweed

Good for him for seeing what was going on and acting! Good for YOU for
deserving such a kindness. Shame of the greedy lady who was thinking only
of herself. It is really true that a small act of kindness can offset many
times its "weight" in meanness.

Andy

Old May 6th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I was at the supermarket this afternoon and I always look in the "sell by
date" bin as there are sometimes wonderful bargains to be had if you get
there just right. I freeze them.
I was out of luck, or so I thought. The bin was full of frozen rice, but
there was a supermarket employee marking down other stuff. I couldn't get
near because a woman was blocking it deliberately with her trolley, so I
walked away.
I hadn't gone far when a man, who I don't know from Adam, threw two packs
of outdoor reared pork chops and a pack of steaks (all reduced greatly in
price) into my trolley. I looked at him, amazed. I said "But don't you
want them yourself?" He said "No, I have enough.."
Isn't that just amazing?

Tweed

How lovely! Things like that tend to restore your faith in human nature.

Joy

Old May 6th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Lest you all think that I go to the supermarket looking like I need feeding
I was actually dressed in some of my poshest clothes! Nice top, calf length
decorated skirt with strappy white sandals.

Old May 6th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Christina Websell wrote:
I was at the supermarket this afternoon and I always look in the "sell by
date" bin as there are sometimes wonderful bargains to be had if you get
there just right. I freeze them.
I was out of luck, or so I thought. The bin was full of frozen rice, but
there was a supermarket employee marking down other stuff. I couldn't get
near because a woman was blocking it deliberately with her trolley, so I
walked away.
I hadn't gone far when a man, who I don't know from Adam, threw two packs of
outdoor reared pork chops and a pack of steaks (all reduced greatly in
price) into my trolley. I looked at him, amazed. I said "But don't you
want them yourself?" He said "No, I have enough.."
Isn't that just amazing?

Tweed

Wow, that is really nice of him. He must be one of those folks who
believe in random kindness et al.

Ginger-lyn
Old May 7th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I shop the clearance of everything... truth is food budget is one of the
very few things you can partly control... maybe they guy thought you were
cute. Lee

Old May 7th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 06 May 2007 22:58:27 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

Lest you all think that I go to the supermarket looking like I need feeding
I was actually dressed in some of my poshest clothes! Nice top, calf length
decorated skirt with strappy white sandals.

Perhaps he wanted you to notice him! The next time you see him you can
thank him again. Good luck. MLB