OT Da Water Pipe Blew

Old September 22nd 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default OT Da Water Pipe Blew

..
Well, these things happen, but around 9 am, something woke me up and told me
to fill up the tub. Umkay. Then I made sure the 3 cat water bowls had fresh
water, we had plenty of drinking water, filled the coffee maker, a cup
Pyrex cup with PUR water, and then, around 10:30 am, I had gone back to
bed, (we sleep late) I tried to run some water.. voila...nothing. No
water. ya think a little cat angel told me to prepare for a waterless day?
Whoah. I immediately called the manager who told me what had happened, a
house nearby, main water line burst this morning and as our 70 unit mobile
home park are each connected to the main water supply &, when something
happens, like that, they shut the water off, for all! Well well. And it
comes with aresnic too.
So I got out the little bottles of waterless hand soap, and we also keep a
few cannisters of Wet Ones around.
I don't know yet when we'll be getting the new water pump, since the old
one is a real POS. That will be a waterless day as well.
They, by law, have to notify us when they shut the water off. One day, they
gave us a 'one hour' notice and I did happen to have the tub filed, from
the previous incident, but I was still miffed and let the manager know it!
It's 7:30 pm and it just came back on...let's hope it stays on. I thankful
it's back on and that I have a roof over my head and AC too because it's
supposed to be near 90 degrees tomorrow.. First day of Autumn and 90
degrees? Yeesh, this is nuts. LOL..
Thanks for listening.
Luffs
Kyla and Mosey
Pookie, Pipps and Sqweex

Old September 22nd 09, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
.
[...]

I hear you. I'm a firm believer in some sorts of ESP, and think
living with cats sharpens any abilities you might have. Dogs
communicate mentally too, but are less in tune with the universe
than cats in general.

Fall, what is fall? We hit 100f here today. Not sure if it was a
record for Sept 21, but close.

I need to feed the lawn and the roses soon, and can't with this much
heat. I'm tired of summer.

Jo

Old September 22nd 09, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Jofirey"

[...]

I believe that too. I've aways had some sort of ESP

Fall, what is fall? We hit 100f here today. Not sure if it was a record
for Sept 21, but close.

Wow, that IS hot. We broke a heat record of 103 this summer but on the
outskirts of the city, where we live, it got to 110F.

I need to feed the lawn and the roses soon, and can't with this much heat.
I'm tired of summer.

Jo

It's supposed to cool down soon here. We broke a summer heat record of 103F
here during the summer, but where we live, just a few miles from town, it
got to 110F and we spent the day and most of the night in the AC bedroom
playing games and watching TV.
The cats preferred the heat tho. I'm tired of summer too. I prefer cool to
hot.
Good choice to stay put of the heat.

Kyla

Old September 22nd 09, 11:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
.
[...]

I agree. I just wish I'd had one of those ESP moments when my toilet got
clogged, before it overflowed. I'd have called the plumber immediately
rather than tell myself it could wait a few days because I have two
bathrooms. LOL

It was 85F here yesterday. That's a bit cooler than it has been, though.
And the humidity is down from 90% to around 80% which makes a difference.
It's still hot.

Jill

Old September 22nd 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Yes, it was a blessing indeed. I'm glad someone else believes in angels of
many kinds. The tub is still full and we're keeping it that way. Kyla

Old September 23rd 09, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

... I'm glad someone else believes in angels ...

Then

"Stormmee" wrote in message
if not for angels i would not be where i am today...

When I was a teenager, a friend of mine was severely injured in a
road traffic collision. His father said that after that, he
believes in angels.

I've always remembered what he said - "You may call some people
'friends' - I call them Angels. Without their support, we'd never
have got through this".

--
MatSav

Old September 23rd 09, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

there are many types of angels in many situations and i could write volumes
on this subject but i suspect you would find me a different grp to post to
at that point. Lee
"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote
in message ...

Old September 23rd 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Same here. Kyla

[...]

I have a kitten who is facinated with water and purposely tips the dogs water bowl over lovemm Cat health & behaviour 11 November 29th 06 01:29 AM
tap water & bottle spring water NMR Cat health & behaviour 28 March 2nd 06 04:46 AM
tap water & bottle spring water mlbriggs Cat health & behaviour 0 February 25th 06 06:35 AM
LOL! I Blew It CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 December 23rd 05 01:53 AM
Buddy: the kitty rescued from the sewer pipe [email protected] Cat anecdotes 6 January 16th 04 03:53 PM