When did Radiohead turn into a Pink Floyd rip off?

Old August 12th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.pink-floyd,alt.music.rush,alt.music.radiohead,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cus Tyson

Default When did Radiohead turn into a Pink Floyd rip off?

I hadn't paid attention to the band since "Creep" but some folks at the
office insisted they were some transcendent force in music so I picked up
some of the later CDs. It sounds exactly like Pink Floyd. What is the big
deal?
Old August 12th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.pink-floyd,alt.music.rush,alt.music.radiohead,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
TimK

"Cus Tyson" wrote in message
I hadn't paid attention to the band since "Creep" but some folks at the
office insisted they were some transcendent force in music so I picked up
some of the later CDs. It sounds exactly like Pink Floyd. What is the big
deal?

If you think it sounds "exactly" like PF you should be a critic with your
tin ear.

Old August 12th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.pink-floyd,alt.music.rush,alt.music.radiohead,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Citizen

On 12 Aug 2006 05:51:34 +0200, Cus Tyson wrote:

I hadn't paid attention to the band since "Creep" but some folks at the
office insisted they were some transcendent force in music so I picked up
some of the later CDs. It sounds exactly like Pink Floyd. What is the big
deal?

Even if I did agree with your theory that Radiohead has become Pink
Floyd-esque (which I don't), I have to wonder how "on the ball" you
are considering the fact that the band, as a whole, hasn't released
almost anything new in around three years...

--
The Citizen
"What You Don't Understand, You Can Make Mean Anything."
Old August 12th 06, 11:16 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.pink-floyd,alt.music.rush,alt.music.radiohead,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Eddy

Cus Tyson wrote:
I hadn't paid attention to the band since "Creep" but some folks at the
office insisted they were some transcendent force in music so I picked up
some of the later CDs. It sounds exactly like Pink Floyd. What is the big
deal?

I don't think they sound like PF bur I do think they went tits up after
OK computer.

Eddy

Old August 12th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.pink-floyd,alt.music.rush,alt.music.radiohead,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pro-wrestling.dx
Milhouse G

Cus Tyson wrote:
It sounds exactly like Pink Floyd.

I'm really not a fan of Radiohead at all, but this statement is absurdly
and shamefully wrong.

--
Milhouse Guidry of the mWo

"If it takes you more than two, *MAYBE* three posts
to say what you think needs to be said,
you don't know what you're talking about and should shut up."
--The Bede

mWo. It's not just the coolest, it's fa lyfe, so survey says
whether you like it or don't like it, never E-e-e-ver tell
me he did *not* just SMELL what mWo 3:16 reeks of.
Old August 12th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.pink-floyd,alt.music.rush,alt.music.radiohead,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pro-wrestling.dx
Milhouse G

The Citizen wrote:
On 12 Aug 2006 05:51:34 +0200, Cus Tyson wrote:

I hadn't paid attention to the band since "Creep" but some folks at the
office insisted they were some transcendent force in music so I picked up
some of the later CDs. It sounds exactly like Pink Floyd. What is the big
deal?

Even if I did agree with your theory that Radiohead has become Pink
Floyd-esque (which I don't), I have to wonder how "on the ball" you
are considering the fact that the band, as a whole, hasn't released
almost anything new in around three years...

And considering that "Creep" came out.. what.. 13? 14 years ago?

Old August 12th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.pink-floyd,alt.music.rush,alt.music.radiohead,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
BudGan61

When did this turn into a rock music newsgroup?

Please don't crosspost!

Old August 12th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.pink-floyd,alt.music.rush,alt.music.radiohead,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pro-wrestling.dx
JT

"Mark Outrage" wrote in message
in ,
Milhouse G said:
Cus Tyson wrote:
It sounds exactly like Pink Floyd.

I'm really not a fan of Radiohead at all, but this statement is absurdly
and shamefully wrong.

I agree. They are not at all as good as Floyd. Although, atmospheric and
plodding, in a Floydian way, they lack the sonic mastery of space and
tension they are trying desperately to emulate. Their attempts at profound
introspection come off as merely whiney, undergraduate philosophy.
Insufferable.

JT

Old August 12th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.music.pink-floyd,alt.music.rush,alt.music.radiohead,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Peck

why did the rec.pets.cats.health+behav newsgroup get dragged into this?

Cus Tyson wrote:
I hadn't paid attention to the band since "Creep" but some folks at the
office insisted they were some transcendent force in music so I picked up
some of the later CDs. It sounds exactly like Pink Floyd. What is the big
deal?

Declawing etc Illegal in Rome PawsForThought Cat health & behaviour 291 November 24th 05 11:59 AM
TURN £6 INTO £6000+ Cadetdov Cats - misc 1 January 24th 05 01:18 AM
Scout's turn at the TED Karen AKA KajiKit Cat anecdotes 6 December 9th 04 04:39 PM
Sleep Yowie Cat anecdotes 14 November 8th 04 11:53 PM
One pink toe and a tom nipple Mischief Cat anecdotes 6 September 23rd 04 04:30 AM