Strange behavior!

Old August 22nd 05, 03:48 AM
Bonnie O

Default Strange behavior!

My nine year old, male cat does something rather odd once in awhile. He
has a little stuffed animal that he will haul around the house (but we
never see him doing it) and leave it in different rooms, then he will
meow very loudly, kind of like a crying, mourning meow. When i go to see
what the problem is, he will be hovering over the stuffed animal, but
then run when he *gets caught* doing this. What do you think it means?

Thanks~
Bonnie

Old August 22nd 05, 06:54 PM
Bonnie O

I wonder if they think the stuffed animal is sick or dead? And family?
Hmmm, lol, ya never know!

Old August 22nd 05, 10:00 PM
Jenn

"Bonnie O" wrote in message
My nine year old, male cat does something rather odd once in awhile. He
has a little stuffed animal that he will haul around the house (but we
never see him doing it) and leave it in different rooms, then he will
meow very loudly, kind of like a crying, mourning meow. When i go to see
what the problem is, he will be hovering over the stuffed animal, but
then run when he *gets caught* doing this. What do you think it means?

Thanks~
Bonnie

Our female Siamese Suki does this with our socks!

Jenn

Old August 22nd 05, 11:50 PM
Cheryl

On Sun 21 Aug 2005 10:48:10p, Bonnie O wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

My nine year old, male cat does something rather odd once in
awhile. He has a little stuffed animal that he will haul around
the house (but we never see him doing it) and leave it in
different rooms, then he will meow very loudly, kind of like a
crying, mourning meow. When i go to see what the problem is, he
will be hovering over the stuffed animal, but then run when he
*gets caught* doing this. What do you think it means?

I know exactly what you're talking about! My Bonnie has some toy
mice that she loves and sort of "mothers". One has a broken
"squeaker" and I find it in the kitchen all the time. Just that
one. Then, whenever she finds it outside of the kitchen she meows
and meows, so sadly! She recently started bringing it to me and
dropping it at my feet. Then she'd look up at me almost like she's
saying FIX IT! At first I thought she wanted to play fetch and
threw it but she didn't go after it, so that wasn't it. It sure is
strange behavior, that's for sure!

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields