Where'd our STUFF go?

Old May 12th 08, 11:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Where'd our STUFF go?

The movers came today, the house is empty except for the furniture that
belongs to the house (rental). Poor Meep... put her in her box this
morning, locked her in the bathroom... she hears strangers and weird
noises for some hours (she's afraid of anyone but us) ... then I let her
out and EVERYTHING IS GONE! She's wandering around the house, looking
at shelves and into corners. Again and again. Reminds me of when you
open the fridge for the 5th time in 10 minutes, like a piece of
chocolate cake will magically appear or something

I do think she understands what is going on, and that the next step is a
long trip in her box and yet another new house. She doesn't know that
the new house should be cool - back to a forested area, so should be
plenty of "kitty tv" after dark. A small deck which I'll make "Meep
safe" so she can be out there without danger of falling off. Culdesac,
so quieter than this place.

Wish I could tell her. As it is all I can do is give her treats and
attention.

This will be her last overseas move. She's 12 in a couple of days, and
I'm not going to put her through this again.

Jodi
Old May 12th 08, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Mon, 12 May 2008 19:58:17 +0930, jmc
wrote:

[...]

It must be so weird for them when we move. They get locked in the
bathroom and POOF, everythiing is gone. They they get gone as well.

The last time I did that was from an apartment to a house. Both boys
were put in a big box and brought to the living room. One cat stays in
the box looking around crying. The other hops out, walks around the
main floor, discovers the stairs, and heads upstairs.

They were brothers but completely different personalities. They're all
so weird.
Old May 12th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Lover

On May 12, 6:28*am, jmc wrote:
[...]

Moving is awful hard on animals too. I hate it that we had to move
like 3 times befor we landed. It was terrible on the animals, thank
god we have settled and so will you. Take care, Peaceful cat
Old May 12th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

I'm hoping once she's settled in after a few months and realizes she isn't
going anywhere, she'll have fewer and less frequent bouts with FIC.

Best of luck,

Phil

Old May 13th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Phil P. exclaimed (5/13/2008 4:02 AM):
"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

::Most fervently:: Mee Tooo!

She seems to be doing well enough on the amytriptyline. The initial
increased vocalization and pushiness has either abated or we got used to
it g. She's still a scardey cat, but recovers and comes out of her
hiding-place quicker. Thank you for suggesting it; she was absolutely
miserable on the clomicalm.

She's pretty upset that her under-bed hiding places are all gone now, at
the moment she's hiding on a shelf in the closet, poor thing.

jmc
Old May 13th 08, 07:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"jmc" wrote in message
::Most fervently:: Mee Tooo!

She seems to be doing well enough on the amytriptyline. The initial
increased vocalization and pushiness has either abated or we got used to
it g. She's still a scardey cat, but recovers and comes out of her
hiding-place quicker. Thank you for suggesting it; she was absolutely
miserable on the clomicalm.

I'm glad its working out. Hopefully, she'll settle in soon and won't need
the medication.

She's pretty upset that her under-bed hiding places are all gone now, at
the moment she's hiding on a shelf in the closet, poor thing.

Its all new turf for her. She just needs a little time. She should start
venturing out more and more as she starts feeling more secure.

Best of luck,

Phil

Old May 13th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Phil P. exclaimed (5/13/2008 4:24 PM):
"jmc" wrote in message
::Most fervently:: Mee Tooo!

She seems to be doing well enough on the amytriptyline. The initial
increased vocalization and pushiness has either abated or we got used to
it g. She's still a scardey cat, but recovers and comes out of her
hiding-place quicker. Thank you for suggesting it; she was absolutely
miserable on the clomicalm.

I'm glad its working out. Hopefully, she'll settle in soon and won't need
the medication.

She's pretty upset that her under-bed hiding places are all gone now, at
the moment she's hiding on a shelf in the closet, poor thing.

Its all new turf for her. She just needs a little time. She should start
venturing out more and more as she starts feeling more secure.

Best of luck,

Phil

She already is, but is still letting me know she is Not Happy. Won't
touch noses with me any more

jmc
Old May 13th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barb

When we moved in '93 I had my cats in their travel cases in the bathroom.
When I went in later they were loose. It turned out one of the movers felt
sorry for them and let them out. I was lucky they didn't run away. Once in
their new home the 3 cats went exploring right away, seemed really pleased,
found their litter and food bowls and settled in.

Beware. Best of luck.

Barb

Stuff from a Cat, ewwww! Candace Cat health & behaviour 2 August 25th 07 11:02 PM
Might as well just buy the cheap stuff. James Cat health & behaviour 27 March 23rd 07 08:30 PM
What IS that stuff?! Mishi Cat anecdotes 5 March 5th 07 12:28 AM
"Where'd he go?" Cheryl Cat anecdotes 20 September 7th 04 07:13 PM
great stuff! Brenda Watkins Cat anecdotes 4 August 31st 03 09:43 PM