Anyone using a Weazel Ball?

Old December 26th 04, 05:46 AM
John Doe

Default Anyone using a Weazel Ball?

Anyone using a Weazel Ball?

A Weazel Ball is a baseball size motorized ball which travels across
the floor powered by a AA battery. It comes with a tail but I removed
that. My 14 1/2 pound cat seems to like it, as usual acting shy at
first. I will give it a couple of weeks to a month and report back with
my results.

His anyone used a Weazel Ball regularly? For how long? Do you know how
long a battery lasts?

Does anyone know of a similar device? Not necessarily the same thing
with a different name, something physically different but similar in
action. Something else battery-powered that rolls around on the floor.

Old December 26th 04, 06:23 AM
Sherry

Does anyone know of a similar device? Not necessarily the same thing
with a different name, something physically different but similar in
action. Something else battery-powered that rolls around on the floor.

I bought one years ago. My cats were afraid of it, so I gave it away.

Sherry
Old December 26th 04, 06:43 AM
Seanette Blaylock

John Doe had some very interesting
things to say about Anyone using a Weazel Ball?:

Anyone using a Weazel Ball?

Tried it with my cat, he was terrified by it.

Old December 26th 04, 07:10 AM
Bill Stock

"John Doe" wrote in message
Anyone using a Weazel Ball?

A Weazel Ball is a baseball size motorized ball which travels across
the floor powered by a AA battery. It comes with a tail but I removed
that. My 14 1/2 pound cat seems to like it, as usual acting shy at
first. I will give it a couple of weeks to a month and report back with
my results.

His anyone used a Weazel Ball regularly? For how long? Do you know how
long a battery lasts?

Does anyone know of a similar device? Not necessarily the same thing
with a different name, something physically different but similar in
action. Something else battery-powered that rolls around on the floor.

Wasn't a big hit here either. The cats would wait till it got stuck/died to
attack it. The only less popular toy was the evil blue mouse with the
flashing eyes that laughed at you.

Old December 26th 04, 07:32 AM
John Doe

Seanette Blaylock wrote:
John Doe had some very interesting
things to say about Anyone using a Weazel Ball?:

Anyone using a Weazel Ball?

Tried it with my cat, he was terrified by it.

Terrified? I'm wondering whether you might be exaggerating.

Neither of my cats are afraid of the thing.

Path: newssvr30.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdst02.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01a.news.pro digy.com!prodigy.com!newsswing.news.prodigy.com!pr odigy.net!newshosting.com!nx02.iad01.newshosting.c om!newsfeed.icl.net!newsfeed.fjserv.net!newsfeed.w irehub.nl!195.14.215.231.MISMATCH!newsfeed-fusi.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!nhp.netcolog ne.de!sienna.impulse.net!azure.impulse.net!not-for-mail
From: Seanette Blaylock
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Subject: Anyone using a Weazel Ball?
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 22:43:16 -0800

Old December 26th 04, 07:41 AM
Jo Firey

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
John Doe had some very interesting
things to say about Anyone using a Weazel Ball?:

Anyone using a Weazel Ball?

Tried it with my cat, he was terrified by it.

Mine hate it. They like the tail part fine away from the ball

Jo

Old December 26th 04, 07:44 AM
John Doe

"Bill Stock" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message

Anyone using a Weazel Ball?
A Weazel Ball is a baseball size motorized ball which travels
across the floor powered by a AA battery. It comes with a tail
but I removed that. My 14 1/2 pound cat seems to like it, as
usual acting shy at first. I will give it a couple of weeks to a
month and report back with my results.
His anyone used a Weazel Ball regularly? For how long? Do you
know how long a battery lasts?
Does anyone know of a similar device? Not necessarily the same
thing with a different name, something physically different but
similar in action. Something else battery-powered that rolls
around on the floor.

Wasn't a big hit here either.
The cats would wait till it got stuck/died to attack it.

Since you ran it until it died, then I guess you know how long a
battery lasts?

The only less popular toy was the evil blue mouse with the
flashing eyes that laughed at you.

So, it either terrifies a cat or it is the second-worst toy in the
world.

That sounds awful.

From: "Bill Stock"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 02:10:26 -0500

Old December 26th 04, 08:22 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

John Doe wrote:

Anyone using a Weazel Ball?

A Weazel Ball is a baseball size motorized ball which travels across
the floor powered by a AA battery. It comes with a tail but I removed
that. My 14 1/2 pound cat seems to like it, as usual acting shy at
first. I will give it a couple of weeks to a month and report back with
my results.

I'm curious - why on EARTH would you want to remove the
"weasel/squirrel", when that's the feature that makes it
attractive to cats, thus the whole point of buying it in the
first place? I posted about them here, a month or so ago -
along with the link to an internet source for them.
However, the one I have calls itself a "Squirrel Ball", and
is quite a bit larger than a baseball - slightly larger than
a softball, actually. Melisande seems to love it at times.
(What cat is EVER consistent in its likes and dislikes?)
It's especially funny when the darned thing suddenly turns
tail and starts chasing her!

His anyone used a Weazel Ball regularly? For how long? Do you know how
long a battery lasts?

Well, mine is still working on its first battery, so they
last a reasonable length of time. (Since I always have AA
and AAA batteries on hand, replacing it isn't likely to be a
problem.)

Does anyone know of a similar device? Not necessarily the same thing
with a different name, something physically different but similar in
action. Something else battery-powered that rolls around on the floor.

I've seen various motorized mice, etc., but most of those
won't run on carpet - the Squirrel Ball will.

Old December 26th 04, 09:44 AM
Marie Lawrence

It is now about 12 hours since Annabell had her kittens. She has settled
with them, lying on her side and feeding them. I have not interferred with
the kittens much until she came out of bed to have dinner. I was able to
get a better look at them, although she hopped back with them, I was able
to see that there are 3 Oriental long hairs, 1 blue tabby, and 2 lilacs.
The other 3 are a mystery for a few weeks, but they are Balinese.
Annabell is a blue Oriental long hair, and the sire is a lilac tabby point
Balinese. Oriental long hairs are known as Javanese in some countries.

The reason for my concern with Annabell's mothering qualities is that this
is her third litter. Her first litter was only one kitten, she quickly lost
interest, {not unusual with a single kitten in the first litter } I was
able to foster her baby to another nursing mother, and we still have that
girl, now spayed. Her next litter was neglected to the point where she
dragged them about until they all died. This was her last chance to have
babies, we decided that she did not like being in a kitten pen, so we put
her in the bathroom where she had more space. Along with a hormone shot from
the vet, and a room to herself, it seems that we may have solved the
problem. I have experienced this hormone problem sometimes in the past, it
seems to crop up sometimes in her line. A tiny injection of eostrogen works
like magic. Fingers crossed, Marie from OZ

Old December 26th 04, 04:27 PM
Bill Stock

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Bill Stock" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message

Anyone using a Weazel Ball?
A Weazel Ball is a baseball size motorized ball which travels
across the floor powered by a AA battery. It comes with a tail
but I removed that. My 14 1/2 pound cat seems to like it, as
usual acting shy at first. I will give it a couple of weeks to a
month and report back with my results.
His anyone used a Weazel Ball regularly? For how long? Do you
know how long a battery lasts?
Does anyone know of a similar device? Not necessarily the same
thing with a different name, something physically different but
similar in action. Something else battery-powered that rolls
around on the floor.

Wasn't a big hit here either.
The cats would wait till it got stuck/died to attack it.

Since you ran it until it died, then I guess you know how long a
battery lasts?

Sorry John, the battery died from lack of use (time) as opposed to use. So
my "product testing" won't help you much with battery usage. But my
anecdotal evidence is that the batteries don't last long, 1 - 2 hours.

We've bought all kinds of toys and the most successful have been the free
ones; string (supervised), crumpled up paper, empty box/bag. The minor
exceptions were the scratching circles with the ball, wind up mice (small
ones) and the small foam balls.

From: "Bill Stock"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes