Bubba vs The Furminator - Round 1

Old May 3rd 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

Default Bubba vs The Furminator - Round 1

http://members.cox.net/claudevl/Bubba-Furminator.jpg

I can't say either of us particularly enjoyed the experience
but it certainly was worth doing.

Hopefully round 2 will be a bit less of a melodrama.
Old May 3rd 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
Matthew wrote:
I thought my cats made a mess

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
.. .
http://members.cox.net/claudevl/Bubba-Furminator.jpg

I can't say either of us particularly enjoyed the experience
but it certainly was worth doing.

Hopefully round 2 will be a bit less of a melodrama.

Almost an entire Bubba worth of hair gone and
probably that much again yet to go when I
work up the nerve to go through the crying
and hissing and scratching act again...

:^)
Old May 3rd 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
Matthew wrote:
next time give him a lion cut ;-)

I'd be afraid to go to sleep afterward with him in the house.

:^)

What's amazing is that he looks absolutely the same
after losing that much hair...

Old May 3rd 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On 2008-05-03, Claude V. Lucas wrote:
http://members.cox.net/claudevl/Bubba-Furminator.jpg

I can't say either of us particularly enjoyed the experience
but it certainly was worth doing.

Hopefully round 2 will be a bit less of a melodrama.

It looks as if Bubba had been saving up.

Bud

Old May 3rd 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
On 2008-05-03, Claude V. Lucas wrote:
http://members.cox.net/claudevl/Bubba-Furminator.jpg

I can't say either of us particularly enjoyed the experience
but it certainly was worth doing.

Hopefully round 2 will be a bit less of a melodrama.

It looks as if Bubba had been saving up.

Ever since I got him a few years ago I've combed him out
every week or so. When I got him from the pound it looked
as if no one ever had brushed him at all. His belly fur
was so matted that I had to have a professional groomer
shave him.(I didn't want his first impression of me to
be that. LOL). A normal comb-out usually gets about a
softball sized ball of hair. The Furminator really gets
in there... I can tell that there are still spots that
need it. I'm gonna wait a few days though. Even though
I'm sure it doesn't actually hurt him he's such a drama
queen about it I want to give him time to forget before
round 2...
Old May 4th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
PawsForThought

On May 2, 8:25*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
http://members.cox.net/claudevl/Bubba-Furminator.jpg

OMG, that's a heck of a lot of fur. I don't get nearly that much off
my 2 cats with the furminator. But then again they're short haired.
Your cat doesn't look to happy in that pic, lol
Old May 4th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
PawsForThought wrote:
On May 2, 8:25*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
http://members.cox.net/claudevl/Bubba-Furminator.jpg

OMG, that's a heck of a lot of fur. I don't get nearly that much off
my 2 cats with the furminator. But then again they're short haired.
Your cat doesn't look to happy in that pic, lol

I'm not sure cats are smart enough to connect happenings, but
he seems to be happier without that extra fur. There's almost
that much more to go in round 2...

Old May 6th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
http://members.cox.net/claudevl/Bubba-Furminator.jpg

I can't say either of us particularly enjoyed the experience
but it certainly was worth doing.

Hopefully round 2 will be a bit less of a melodrama.

I bought a Furminator and I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't
like it. It only works because there's a razor embedded in the comb and it
shaves off the hair rather than combing out the dead hair (there used to be
a "Ronco" product like this for humans - it used to be advertised in
commercials for moms to give their husbands and kids haircuts at home).

As long as I brush the cats with it I'll keep getting hair out endlessly,
but then I feel a rough kind of "stubble" when I pet them. I stopped using
it thinking that eventually my cats would end up almost bald.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 6th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Matthew wrote:
I thought my cats made a mess

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
. ..
http://members.cox.net/claudevl/Bubba-Furminator.jpg

I can't say either of us particularly enjoyed the experience
but it certainly was worth doing.

Hopefully round 2 will be a bit less of a melodrama.

Almost an entire Bubba worth of hair gone and
probably that much again yet to go when I
work up the nerve to go through the crying
and hissing and scratching act again...

:^)

Sounds like Sammy when I try to brush her! 20+ pounds of angry cat is not
fun at all! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 6th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

Matthew wrote:
I thought my cats made a mess

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
.. .
http://members.cox.net/claudevl/Bubba-Furminator.jpg

I can't say either of us particularly enjoyed the experience
but it certainly was worth doing.

Hopefully round 2 will be a bit less of a melodrama.

Almost an entire Bubba worth of hair gone and
probably that much again yet to go when I
work up the nerve to go through the crying
and hissing and scratching act again...

:^)

Sounds like Sammy when I try to brush her! 20+ pounds of angry cat is not
fun at all! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Round 2.

http://members.cox.net/claudevl/Bubba-Furminator02.jpg

He actually went from purring to hissing and back again this time...

Cats. Who can figure them out???

New Camera - New Bubba Pix Claude V. Lucas Cat health & behaviour 7 March 20th 08 02:49 PM
Furminator is great! ensoul Cat health & behaviour 1 March 4th 08 10:38 PM
The Furminator? Sherry Cat anecdotes 13 April 18th 07 11:30 AM
Furminator Karen Cat anecdotes 7 August 16th 06 07:25 PM