purr requests for a dog who may be RB

Old January 4th 05, 05:52 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default purr requests for a dog who may be RB

I met a lady at the martial arts studio I've been attending. She cleans the
studio in exchange for lessons for herself and her family. Anyway, before the
holidays, we'd talked about her son's new cat and I gave her some cat-related
suggestions.

Well, I saw her again last night, and it turns out that while the cat is
fine, her little dog Sumo is probably no longer with us. They hiked to
her brother's house, which is within maybe a hundred acres of property.
There are mountain lions around, as there are everywhere here in the
foothills, but they knew that the mountain lions had recently killed a
deer, and they left the little one outside with her brother's large dog, as
they've done many times.

All they know is that all of a sudden, the big dog went nuts barking,
and when the humans came to investigate, the little one was gone.
Probably, the mountain lions tag teamed the dogs, one distracting the
big guy while the other went after the little one. She's gone searching
for the remains, but no luck, though she's found the remains of other
prey. So maybe there's a small chance that some other weird thing
happened, but ...

She was given this dog last Christmas to cheer her up while she battled
cancer. Just a few days ago, she was declared cancer-free, and then a few
days later, this happened. So maybe Sumo had a higher purpose that he
fulfilled ...

Anyway, she doesn't know I'm doing this, but please purr for Sumo, that he is
happy and pain-free wherever he may be.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 4th 05, 06:39 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:52:24 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

[...]

I'll pray they develop a sense of responsibility for their animals and not
leave them out (small or large) in predator territory.

Old January 4th 05, 07:41 PM
Julie Cook

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Anyway, she doesn't know I'm doing this, but please purr for Sumo, that he is
happy and pain-free wherever he may be.

Purrs and guiding candle lit to help guide Sumo whereever he might be
going. Purrs for your friend's heart as well.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and Sam

Old January 4th 05, 08:39 PM
Christina Websell

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
[...]

I will happily purr for Sumo, the poor lad. He didn't deserve the owners he
got. I cannot imagine the mindset of a person who would leave their pet
outside when there are mountain lions about.

shakes head in disbelief

Tweed

Old January 4th 05, 10:08 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip

Old January 4th 05, 10:46 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-04, Christina Websell penned:

I will happily purr for Sumo, the poor lad. He didn't deserve the owners he
got. I cannot imagine the mindset of a person who would leave their pet
outside when there are mountain lions about.

shakes head in disbelief

I am torn on this one. The fact is that mountain lions could be anywhere
within miles of the foothills. Maybe I have a double-standard when it comes
to dogs vs. cats, but I can't imagine having a dog who was never, ever outside
without human supervision. I won't let my cat out due to the mountain lions,
foxes, coyotes, and humans, but I would imagine I'd let a dog out into his
yard for a half hour or so. Then again, I've never considered having a small
dog. And I'm in suburbia, though it's only a ten minute drive to the
foothills themselves.

Living in the foothills, you get used to the fact that mountain lions are a
reality wherever you go for recreation. A human won't see them unless there's
something very wrong, though. And if the cats were desperate enough to come
that close to a house with a very large dog outside, I frankly don't think the
presence of a human would have made much of a difference.

Still, something about the whole situation strikes me as odd, and I am holding
out hope that something else happened and that there will be a happy ending,
or that we will at least find out what happened.

Old January 5th 05, 12:39 AM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:08:22 +0100, polonca12000 wrote:

Lots of purrs,

Cheers for Eros!!! And purrs to for a happy home. MLB
Old January 5th 05, 12:50 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

Old January 5th 05, 02:25 AM
Christine Burel

Oh, Monique, how sad -- please give her our condolences and purrs for her
loss and for the little dog if he is at the RB.
Christine

Old January 5th 05, 04:15 AM
Sam Nash

Anyway, she doesn't know I'm doing this, but please purr for Sumo, that he
is
happy and pain-free wherever he may be.

Purrs for Sumo, wherever he is.
Sam