Dr purr requests of my own

Old October 27th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default Dr purr requests of my own

It seems that I've been asking for a lot of purrs lately. Sorry about
that, but I need to ask again.

My family doc referred me to an ortho surgeon for my knee injury. He
believed that I had torn the meniscus cartilage in my knee, and the
surgeon agrees. The surgeon wants me to go in for an MRI to see if there
is any other damage.

I am gainfully employed, in a decent job. I have medical insurance -
medical insurance that is considered by many to be pretty good. But even
with my insurance, the MRI and surgery will cost me over $1500. That is
simply obscene.

I can't afford this now. Nancy and I don't have that kind of cash on
hand. We will have in a just a few months, so I'm going to wait til
then. The purrs I am asking for are that I can avoid doing something
dumb and injuring my knee any worse.

Dan
Old October 27th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
[...]

Needless to say I can empathize. Purrs on the way, Dan.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 27th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

In article ,
"Matthew" wrote:

Dan I am sending some mega purrs for you. Being a victim of medical
malpractice when the idiot doctor torn that very thing you described doing
a simple operation to fix basically water on the knee. I know how you feel.
Keep that knee wrapped. I wore a knee pad over it under my pants to keep
idiots from bumping in to me or me doing something stupid

Have they been giving you cortisone shots and got you on an
anti-inflammatory medication.
Do they have you physical therapy?

Cortisone shots? No.
Anti-inflamatorys? Over-the-counters seem to be doing pretty well for me.
PT? No, not yet.
Old October 27th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

[...]

Careful gentle purrs on the way. Sure wish you didn't need to put this off,
but it sounds like there are lots of other things going on that make waiting
not a bad idea.

Dumb things include shoveling snow. Trying to push a car out of a ditch.
Basically trying to play superman.

If you do something to make it worse, at least try to do it on the job.

Jo

Old October 27th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

[...]

Ouch, Dan. Knees are so tricky and painful. I've got a bad one myself.
Purrs, lots of 'em, for the best outcome.

Old October 27th 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

that sucks, knowing how this feels I will pray for you along with the purrs,
I had physical therapy for mine, but I refused surgery couldn't handle the
thought of another surgery... make sure to ask the Roth if PT might help in
the meantime, Lee

Old October 27th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 26, 8:01 pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry Dan, and I agree that is obscene. We're in the same boat.
Blue
Cross and Blue Shield just doesn't pay like they used to. But usually
it takes so long for the insurance/hospital to sort things out. I had
my
stent in mid-Sept., and still haven't gotten the final bill yet.
Sometimes
it takes 4-6 months for them to finally decide what I owe. Maybe
you could get the surgery done sooner?

Sherry
Sherry

Old October 27th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

We will purr and pray mightily that you don't injure
your knee further until you can get it fixed. How about
going on some sort of scheduled payment with the doctor
or hospital? I'm sure they have something like that for
those who can't afford to pay a large amount in one lump
sum. God bless.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old October 27th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
It seems that I've been asking for a lot of purrs lately. Sorry about
that, but I need to ask again.

No need to be sorry, purrs come from an inexhaustible, cuddly source.

then. The purrs I am asking for are that I can avoid doing something
dumb and injuring my knee any worse.

Yikes! Take care of yourself. Do you get a lot of interest free credit
card offers? You may be able to take advantage of that to get whatever
medical care you need. Remember, you only have one body, you gotta take
care of it!

Purrrs!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 27th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:01:07 -0500, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Dan my right knee gave me trouble from the time I was 17 years old. I am
very old now but I had a total knee replacement about 12 years ago. I can
truthfully say it is the best joint in my body. The operation is painful
bur the knee seems to heal faster than a hip. Best wishes for your
problems. MLB