Tak, will you store this in your memory bank?

Old June 2nd 10, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie_Snowshoe[_2_]

Default Tak, will you store this in your memory bank?

Because I don't have a camera nearby and I'm going to want to remember
this moment one day. We have a sofa with "pillow back arms" and on
both arms I have pillow cases draped over them to prevent cat hair
building up on the sofa. Lately, Sam has been having asthma attacks,
severely enough that he is getting both Albuterol and Flovent twice
daily. Tonight he had an attack and received an additional dose of
albuterol but even so he was having difficulty breathing...his sides
heaving with every breath. Just now I glanced over at him and he has
his head on the pillow-back sofa arm, his little front arms tucked
under his chin and he looks for all the world like a little boy in bed
with his head on a pillow - all tuckered out. Finally he is
breathing easier. He is such a cute boy.

Julie
Old June 2nd 10, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Julie_Snowshoe wrote:
Because I don't have a camera nearby and I'm going to want to remember
this moment one day. We have a sofa with "pillow back arms" and on
both arms I have pillow cases draped over them to prevent cat hair
building up on the sofa. Lately, Sam has been having asthma attacks,
severely enough that he is getting both Albuterol and Flovent twice
daily. Tonight he had an attack and received an additional dose of
albuterol but even so he was having difficulty breathing...his sides
heaving with every breath. Just now I glanced over at him and he has
his head on the pillow-back sofa arm, his little front arms tucked
under his chin and he looks for all the world like a little boy in bed
with his head on a pillow - all tuckered out. Finally he is
breathing easier. He is such a cute boy.

I found that you're already a databank yourself - in case you didn't
see it, two weeks ago, I compiled and reposted about 20 of your posts
from when you caught Lacey. When I read your posts, I find them easy
to digest.

I do love the mental image of a kitty sleeping with a head on a
pillow. Susan got some good shots a few years back of Otis doing
this.

I didn't know that Sam's been getting Albuterol/Flovent twice daily
now. Last year, when Buster seemed to be coughing on and off, I took
him in to get x-rays, and to get his lungs checked. I thought of Sam,
and also, I was able to distinguish coughing from horking because it
reminded me of the Fritz the Brave video you'd posted about.
Ultimately though, the vet wasn't able to find anything abnormal about
him, and he actually stopped coughing completely shortly after that,
so either I'm a hypochondriac-by-proxy, or maybe it's seasonal. I
hope that this acute period will be very transient for Sam as well.

(OT) Saw the Cutest Puppy at the Bank jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 15 April 27th 09 05:30 PM
THIS IS MY BANK c mercer Cats - misc 0 November 10th 08 10:07 PM
[OT] Bank Robber's Wish to Go to Prison Granted [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 October 13th 06 03:41 AM
Sad day in Memory jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 April 4th 06 06:42 PM