kitty's allergic reaction ?

Old April 15th 05, 04:03 PM
UsedtobeRumouredToBe

Default kitty's allergic reaction ?

I have three indoor cats (ie: they don't go outside), and six outside
cats (ie: they are mostly outside, but they come inside, too), and I am
concerned about one of the outside cats, which is mostly feral, in that
I can't approach it without it running away. In any case, this cat has
what looks like a swelling on the side of it's face, but I can't get
close enough to investigate more. I don't have access to a trap or
anything like that, but I really want to help this cat if it's ill;
what can I do ?

Thanks,
Shell

Old April 15th 05, 04:13 PM
Mary

"UsedtobeRumouredToBe" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have three indoor cats (ie: they don't go outside), and six outside
cats (ie: they are mostly outside, but they come inside, too), and I am
concerned about one of the outside cats, which is mostly feral, in that
I can't approach it without it running away. In any case, this cat has
what looks like a swelling on the side of it's face, but I can't get
close enough to investigate more. I don't have access to a trap or
anything like that, but I really want to help this cat if it's ill;
what can I do ?

Thanks,
Shell

Shell, it sounds like your only alternative is to trap the cat
and take it to the vet. You can buy a "havahart" trap at
most Lowes type stores, or you can sometimes borrow
one from animal rescue groups if you have some in your
area. You just bait it with the stinkiest canned cat food
that you can find and hope he is he first one to go for it!
Where are you, so maybe someone can give you more
specific suggestions for help?

Old April 15th 05, 04:18 PM
UsedtobeRumouredToBe

Where are you, so maybe someone can give you more specific
suggestions for help?

I'm in Phoenix, Arizona.

Old April 15th 05, 05:05 PM
Mary

"UsedtobeRumouredToBe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Where are you, so maybe someone can give you more specific
suggestions for help?

I'm in Phoenix, Arizona.

Take a look here, they are in Phoenix and I bet they would lend
you a trap and give you good advice, too:

http://tinyurl.com/9a8cp

Old April 16th 05, 01:51 AM
Candace

AZCats
azcats.org
(602) 287-8824

They trap, neuter, return but they might loan you a trap. I have some
other groups listed at home but I'm still at work right now.

The kitty might have an abscess particularly since he is an outdoor
feral. He may have gotten in a fight with another cat. Cat bites can
be very nasty and have to be abscessed. This recently happened to one
of my indoor cats. They really need to see a vet if they have an
abscess as it can develop into a systemic infection and they can die.
I'll check some other things when I get home in a little while.

Candace

Old April 16th 05, 09:02 PM
Candace

Go to this website and look at the list of cat rescue groups.

http://www.catgalaxymedia.com/catrescue.html

Some primarily do trapping and neutering like AzCats and CHARM. I know
they have many traps and would probably loan you one for a couple of
days for a small donation or maybe no donation. I also have a friend
who has her own trap if you are cannot locate one. However, she lives
in Cave Creek so it would take some driving to get her trap.

Candace