Dr Suess Anyone?

Old March 28th 04, 03:05 AM
JoJo

Default Dr Suess Anyone?

Hi there. I need help naming my fosters - I've decided to use characters in
Dr. Suess books, but my brain doesn't remember some of them. I've got Sam
(green eggs and ham Sam I am), and Horton (Horton hears a who). I need one
more.

One of the little white ones I"m calling Sam. Then I need to figure out who
gets Horton, and whatever name anyone else can come up with. They're all
boys.

Any of you remember any Dr. Suess characters (other than the Grinch),
something easy to spell as well as say. Have kids that have his books
laying around? Can anyone come up with a name for me please?

I figured a few of you could come up w/some good ideas. If you haven't
already looked, you can see my fosters at
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html.

Thanks for the help.
JoJo

Old March 28th 04, 03:25 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

There's always Cindy Lou (she was one of the Who's in the Grinch), and of
course the Grinch's dog Max.

Maysie is a bird that Horton egg sits for in Horton Hatches the Egg.

And there's Yertle the Turtle, Fox in Socks, (who likes to play
tongue-twisting games with his friend Mr. Knox), and let's not forget the
Zooks & the Yooks from The Butter Battle Book (his take on the Cold War &
racial and/or religious bias), nor the Sneetches.

I found most of these character's names on Amazon.com, in the book
description sections.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old March 28th 04, 04:35 AM
Tanada

JoJo wrote:

Hi there. I need help naming my fosters - I've decided to use characters in
Dr. Suess books, but my brain doesn't remember some of them. I've got Sam
(green eggs and ham Sam I am), and Horton (Horton hears a who). I need one
more.

One of the little white ones I"m calling Sam. Then I need to figure out who
gets Horton, and whatever name anyone else can come up with. They're all
boys.

Lorax, Cindy Lou Who, Max (the grinch's dog), Fox in sox, and Yertle the
turtle.

Pam S. who's had to dig really deep for those ones

Old March 28th 04, 09:41 AM

JoJo wrote:

Any of you remember any Dr. Suess characters (other than the Grinch),
something easy to spell as well as say. Have kids that have his books
laying around? Can anyone come up with a name for me please?

Cat in the Hat? (OK, long, but certainly appropriate!)

Joyce
Old March 28th 04, 03:02 PM
Stacey

"JoJo" wrote in message
Hi there. I need help naming my fosters - I've decided to use characters

in
Dr. Suess books, but my brain doesn't remember some of them. SNIP

Well there are always the Sneeches (who have stars upon thars). And Dave (he
was afraid of the pale green pants with nobody inside them). How about Mr.
Brown (he went "moo", amongst other fun to say words). Then there are Thing
1 and Thing 2, those pesky buggers from The Cat in the Hat!

Stacey (who used to be a nanny and is married to a man who find Dr. Suess
IMMENSLY funny)

Old March 28th 04, 07:18 PM
JoJo

Thank you one, thank you all. I think we will go with Max, it's simple.
Yertle is too female, not to mention Cindy Lou.

Thank those of you that trolled Amazon for me (why didn't I think of
that??), or just to those that happen to know the stories for one reason or
another.

All I can remember of Seuss is "I will not eat them on a plane, I will not
eat them on a train....I will not eat green eggs and ham....Sam I am." Ok,
probably a little disjointed, but I'm going from long ago memory.

Although I am really curious about Dave and the green pants.

And what kind of "mom" would I be to name them Thing 1 and Thing 2? (need
to add 3 & 4).

Gotta go, I'm surrounded. Kittens everywhere, and I'm the center of their
playground. Gotta love it.

Plus school work to do Anyone out there who works in PR? I could really
pick your brain about now. Need a company that uses three different PR
tools - I pay no attention to this stuff. Really, if anyone is in PR,
please email me )

Thanks again! Off to scour the net for PR examples. How sad.

JoJo

Old March 28th 04, 08:05 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 13:18:09 -0500, "JoJo"
yodeled:

Thank you one, thank you all. I think we will go with Max, it's simple.
Yertle is too female, not to mention Cindy Lou.

Yertle the Turtle, IIRC, was a male, and a power-mad dictator.

Thank those of you that trolled Amazon for me (why didn't I think of
that??), or just to those that happen to know the stories for one reason or
another.

All I can remember of Seuss is "I will not eat them on a plane, I will not
eat them on a train....I will not eat green eggs and ham....Sam I am." Ok,
probably a little disjointed, but I'm going from long ago memory.

Although I am really curious about Dave and the green pants.

And what kind of "mom" would I be to name them Thing 1 and Thing 2? (need
to add 3 & 4).

I draw the line at the T-shirts that say Thing 1 and Thing 2 right
over one's breasts. :P

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 28th 04, 09:14 PM
Christine Burel

I loved looking at all your critters, pets and fosters! You are doing a
very kind thing. Purrs from us.
Christine and Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old March 29th 04, 04:12 AM
JoJo

Thank you. I love it. They are soooo cute, I'm in love with all of them.
I am "mom" to these little guys and they are starting to see me that way,
climbing all over me. It's so cute, I hate to give them up, but there's
always going to be more.

JoJo