This is MINE!!!

Old April 27th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default This is MINE!!!

Has anyone head from Britta ? Marie from OZ

"Singh" wrote in message
As anyone with multiple cats surely knows, there is always fussing going
on over space. Rather like little kids in the car bickering that Big
Brother's pinky nail has inched onto Little Sister's side of the back
seat. Likewise in the Singh home (This means that the Singhs are honored
to pay the mortgage and are allowed to live in the cats' residence.)

First we had the Archie Chair. For those who have never heard of the
famous Chair, it is named after Archie Bunker's beloved chair from "All
In The Family," And we called it so because Stosh would not allow anyone
on it, including the two-legs. He began to let Brandy come up with him,
and they got bored and let Odessa have it. Now Odessa won't let anyone
near it, and it's once again the Archie Chair.

I have a pile of laundry on the dining room table. We have not eaten on
this table for four months because Roxie has made her bed in it. She
will scold me and lay her claws into a piece of clothing if I presume to
try to remove it while in Madame's presence. Our closets? Perhaps we'll
make private litter privies for the young ones.

And then there's the refrigerator. I suppose most of you actually USE
the tops of your fridges. You may have useful things which you like to
keep nearby. We are not allowed this convenience. You see, the
refrigerator belongs to Roxie. She can jump from floor to fridge without
struggling to pull herself up by the front paws. Her strength is just
remarkable. And when she's up there, she will mark the entire perimeter,
rubbing her face on it, wagging her very long tail as if to waft her
scent over the top. She is protective as hell of that space too. Brandy
learned to get up there via the bar, as she doesn't have the muscle
Roxie has, and yesterday Roxie sat by my feet and cussed the air blue
until I took The Bit down. Brandy whined. Roxie got up and proceeded to
mark her office with renewed vigor. And I stand by and silently adjust
to the fact that I will never be able to put my spices and soup cans up
top. I think we're going to get Madame a bed, glue magnetic strips
across the bottom, and stick it up there so that maybe, just maybe, I
can finally hang my wash!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old April 27th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yes, my refrigerator usually has one cat (if more, one gets pushed off)
because the heater is right above it!

Top of Bookcase belongs to Chibi. Top of dish cupboard belongs to
Chibi. Top of desk in bedroom belongs to Chibi. (Do you see a
pattern?) Right side of couch belongs to Cherry, and boy does she ever
tell Jona off if she sleeps there! Stair landing belongs to Jona. Emma
hardly ever sleeps (the Wired Jungle Cat) so one can usually see her in
a blur of rusty fur going UP down UP down BOING!

And Romeo has his corner of the yard and the wall, so far!

Cantate

Old April 27th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yes, Britta is here and fine and getting settled in Margaret River, but
won't have a phone line or internet connection for another 2 weeks yet.
(Welcome to rural Australia eh?)

Old April 27th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

If memory serves, isn't the Archie Chair the one I brought from
Rochester?

Yes, and I can witness to the cat on top of the fridge in one jump.
Seen it with my own very wide eyes.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Old April 27th 06, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

And then there's the refrigerator. I suppose most of you actually USE
the tops of your fridges.

Nope that's Sarrasine's, she'll let Redunzel up there from time to time
but if Redunzel goes up there when she isn't there all Hell breaks
loose. Our whole flat sometimes seems to be divided between Sarrasine's
places, Redunzel's places and communal cat places...Us hoomings have to
squeeze in somehow!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 27th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yes, I do remember Odessa didn't seem at all upset when I scritched
her.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Singh" wrote in message
The very same. Since you're a man Odessa might let you come see her.
She's
rather a flirt with the boys.

.

Old April 27th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Singh" wrote in message
[...]

Trudi's history mystery Stormmee Cat community 12 April 3rd 06 07:28 AM
Mine MEAN, MEAN Paw! Harri Cat community 7 May 4th 05 12:26 PM
Mine coming-home day Sammy da 'Venture Kitten Cat community 10 July 12th 04 09:50 PM
Anykitty remembr? CRO Cat community 16 January 31st 04 07:16 PM
Mine Akweezishun Day Sylvia M. Cat community 12 January 8th 04 02:28 AM