Boyfriend's bedroom

Old August 20th 12, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend's bedroom

It's his refuge so I rarely disturb him if he is sleeping there but suddenly
he doesn't want to go there and is down in the house with me all the time.
As this is very unusual I decide to examine his bedroom. He's horked a
hairball up on the rug. When I remove it and clean up, he's back in there
within an hour.
Tweed

Old August 21st 12, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

It's his refuge so I rarely disturb him if he is sleeping there but suddenly
he doesn't want to go there and is down in the house with me all the time.
As this is very unusual I decide to examine his bedroom. He's horked a
hairball up on the rug. When I remove it and clean up, he's back in there
within an hour.
Tweed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ha! This is proof that cats are clean animals...and that we are all
catslaves. (My sister refers to me as my cats' canopener!)

MaryL

Old August 21st 12, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
It's his refuge so I rarely disturb him if he is sleeping there but
suddenly he doesn't want to go there and is down in the house with me all
the time.
As this is very unusual I decide to examine his bedroom. He's horked a
hairball up on the rug. When I remove it and clean up, he's back in there
within an hour.
Tweed

The other day I heard a scratching sound and found Waffles digging at the
carpet. I reprimanded him for it, and he stopped and walked away. Then I
saw what he was trying to "bury". Yesterday evening I heard him horking
and, sure enough, as soon as he finished, he tried to bury it. He's a good
boy.

Joy

Old August 23rd 12, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 20, 6:33*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
It's his refuge so I rarely disturb him if he is sleeping there but suddenly
he doesn't want to go there and is down in the house with me all the time..
As this is very unusual I decide to examine his bedroom. *He's horked a
hairball up on the rug. When I remove it and clean up, he's back in there
within an hour.

Thank heaven, the staff finally noticed the problem.

--
Will in New Haven

Old August 23rd 12, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
It's his refuge so I rarely disturb him if he is sleeping there but suddenly
he doesn't want to go there and is down in the house with me all the time.
As this is very unusual I decide to examine his bedroom. He's horked a
hairball up on the rug. When I remove it and clean up, he's back in there
within an hour.

Thank heaven, the staff finally noticed the problem.

--
Will in New Haven

LOL! Indeed, what took her so long? (j/k Tweed)

Jill
Old August 24th 12, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
It's his refuge so I rarely disturb him if he is sleeping there but
suddenly
he doesn't want to go there and is down in the house with me all the
time.
As this is very unusual I decide to examine his bedroom. He's horked a
hairball up on the rug. When I remove it and clean up, he's back in
there
within an hour.

Thank heaven, the staff finally noticed the problem.

--
Will in New Haven

LOL! Indeed, what took her so long? (j/k Tweed)

Jill

I know you're joking! It was only a few hours because having him spend all
one morning and afternoon downstairs is not like him. He has a firm routine.
Have breakfast, go out for a constitutional for an hour or so, return home
and retire to his duvet until maybe 2.30. That's near enough to 3.45, his
next mealtime to remind me every five minutes that's it's nearly time ;-)
There was obviously a problem bedroom-wise, luckily it was soon sorted.
It's only the 2nd hairball I've seen in the house - the 1st one was Kitty's
as it was a narrower diameter. Maybe he was just a bit disgusted that he'd
done it in the house (if cats can have those emotions.) He is a very clean
cat - he won't even use his litterbox in emergency weather. I've seen him
stay in for more than 24 hours, up to 36 hours even and eventually march out
into a foot of snow, same with continuous lashing rain.
I wish he would use his litterbox in those circumstances, but for whatever
reason, he doesn't and won't. It's tucked away privately in the bathroom
with leaf litter in it - I've noticed him outside and he always digs in leaf
litter for his toilet duties to wee, I've never seen him do the other.
I have to bear in mind that I will never know where he lived before,
although he had a posh collar and a liking for dry food, maybe he never had
a litterbox.
He was certainly allowed outside - otherwise he would not arrived here as
Kitty's apprentice, trailing after her, lost. Well, it's his previous
owners fault for not neutering him that little bit sooner.
I often think about if they still miss him and wonder what happened to him.
Maybe they think he got killed on the road and have resigned themselves to
the fact they will never see him again. They won't because he is here, with
his own bedroom and his own armchair and a big safe area to do a bit of
hunting.
They could have avoided losing this fantastic gentle amazing cat by
microchipping him.
I'm glad they didn't because he is the light of my life.

Tweed

I often wonder