Maru the Cat

Old March 29th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Maru the Cat

In Japan, Maru the Cat is one of the most popular stars on the
Internet. No wonder. Watch him trying to dive into a cardboard carton
that's much too small for him!
Bobcat

http://www.wikio.com/video/558278
Old March 29th 09, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
In Japan, Maru the Cat is one of the most popular stars on the
Internet. No wonder. Watch him trying to dive into a cardboard carton
that's much too small for him!
Bobcat

http://www.wikio.com/video/558278

Maru is the bomb. He's starring on CuteOverload this AM, walking around
with a bag on his head.
http://www.cuteoverload.com/2009/03/...laces-bag.html

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old March 29th 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On Mar 29, 11:35*am, "Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote:
Maru is the bomb. *He's starring on CuteOverload this AM, walking around
with a bag on his head.http://www.cuteoverload.com/2009/03/...laces-bag.html
Theresa and Dante

I love some of the comments viewers have made about Maru's antics,
including one close to home for you: "Oh Maru, does your physical
skills know no limits?! Honestly, he's like one of those chubby but
super agile ninja raccoons that occupy Central Park."
Old March 29th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
On Mar 29, 11:35 am, "Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote:
Maru is the bomb. He's starring on CuteOverload this AM, walking around
with a bag on his
head.http://www.cuteoverload.com/2009/03/...laces-bag.html
Theresa and Dante

I love some of the comments viewers have made about Maru's antics,
including one close to home for you: "Oh Maru, does your physical
skills know no limits?! Honestly, he's like one of those chubby but
super agile ninja raccoons that occupy Central Park."

He is amazing. Look at that chub! There was another posting yesterday that
was close to my heart and home-- some adorable Quaker parakeets. There are
famous colonies of the little green screamers here in Brooklyn.

Old March 29th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
Maru is the bomb. He's starring on CuteOverload this AM, walking around
with a bag on his head.
http://www.cuteoverload.com/2009/03/...laces-bag.html

I saw that, and at first I thought, stop filming and take the bag off
his head, but then he took it off himself and then put it back on. Then
he just walks around like there's nothing special. I was ROFLing by the
time you see him walking around in the other room. I think he must be
Caliban's cyber-twin.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 29th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

I saw that, and at first I thought, stop filming and take the bag off
his head, but then he took it off himself and then put it back on. Then
he just walks around like there's nothing special. I was ROFLing by the
time you see him walking around in the other room. I think he must be
Caliban's cyber-twin.

LOL! I think you have a point there, Marina.

I was at a pool party several years ago and the owner had a small
dachsund. The dog was afraid of water and would come to the edge of
the pool, but wouldn't jump in. We would play with him by throwing
him balls he could catch or chase outside the pool.

But at one point, an empty (and opaque) potato chip bag was dropped
on the ground, and he stuck his head inside. And then, of course, he
got his head stuck inside it and started wandering around, and fell
in the pool. At that point, all you could see was this bag bobbing
and moving around. Someone near him rescued him quickly. Poor pup,
but I have to admit it looked pretty funny.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old March 29th 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Bobcat wrote in news:219e4f9c-e3f2-4a0f-9027-
:

In Japan, Maru the Cat is one of the most popular stars on the
Internet. No wonder. Watch him trying to dive into a cardboard carton
that's much too small for him!
Bobcat

http://www.wikio.com/video/558278

I like the fact that the box is some kind of diet food. Is the human
trying to tell Maru something?
Old March 29th 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Mar 29, 11:31*am, wrote:
Marina wrote:

[...]

that is ONE impressive Cat. My cats would FREAK if that happened. I
loved that he got it off and then put it back ON!

In terms of dogs and water...

My father's very first dog was Kirby, and Kirby HATED water.

Once he and my mom were in Golden Gate park having a picnic and Kirby
was having a grand time running around. They were nearby the large
pond/lake in the park.

Dad had a toy in his hand and was running and Kirby was chasing him
furiously trying to get the toy. Dad would run closer and closer to
the water and then change directions, holding the toy low enough for
Kirby to jump for it. Then he suddenly ran straight at the water, and
Kirby took off in hot pursuit, all his focus on the toy. Then dad
stopped RIGHT at the edge, and held out the toy. Kirby LEPT up to
grab his prize..

and landed in the water. Mom and dad were laughing so hard. Dad said
he practically walked on water to get out, and he was upset that dad
had tricked him.

but the best story i heard about Kirby was when my mom was taking a
bubble bath.... Dad was again playing with Kirby...

And tossed the toy into the tub.

My mom was NOT amused to have her bath interrupted by a toy landing in
her bubble bath followed by a very eager dog.

and Kirby was NOT happy to find out that there was water underneath
all those bubbles.

My dad was thought it was hilarious.

Kristi