I'm baaack (Persia is home, too) LONG

Old September 22nd 04, 09:41 PM
jmcquown

Default I'm baaack (Persia is home, too) LONG

Purrs for everyone's needs and losses in my absence over the last week.
Believe me when I say you all did cross my mind while I was on my trip.

I'm back after a wonderful visit to Davenport, Iowa, USA. The art show was
a success and we walked away very happy with our sales The original oil
paintings my long lost love (John) does are not cheap. The large pieces he
carries to these shows are 6ftx5ft and that is without the frames. You
gotta have money and wall space for these babies.

With so many people here on rpca being on an employment hunt, I have to say
I am extremely lucky. I haven't had many job nibbles, but working these art
shows with John is paying my bills. And trust me, it's *work*. It's heavy
physical labour to set everything up and then two days later tear it all
back down. But we have lots of fun, too. Believe me, I earn every penny.

DOG ALERT:
Not surprisingly, everyone has to bring their dog to these outdoor art
shows. We had fun watching them. The people who were selling hand-beaded
jewelry in a booth across from us had the tiniest Yorkshire Terrier I'd ever
seen. She was 4 years old and her name was.... ready? Fergie, Duchess of
Yorkie! LOL

Fergie sat at the end of the table by the display boxes just looking at
everyone. Never so much as barked, and was utterly fearless when big dogs
walked up to say "hi" to her.

There was a woman walking around with two 11-week old miniature Dachschunds
sticking their heads out of a straw bag. They were so cute!

When I went to get us some lunch I spotted a couple with two 9-week old Jack
Russell Terriers - or should I say Jack Russell *Terrorists* ? They were
already bouncing off the walls, er, grass. They are going to have their
hands full with those little brother pups. One of them had found a walnut
and was teething on it. The other one decided it would be fun to dig a hole
in the grass so he started yanking grass out and then digging. His brother
joined him and they started making this big hole (for such tiny little
critters). Their names were Ian and Seth. The couple bought them from an
artist at the show; her father raises AKC purebred Jack's and brought them
in case there were any (duh) dog lovers who might want to buy them. They
were all excited - Ooooh, let's walk down to the pet shop down the street
and get them some treats and collars! I love seeing people so thrilled with
their pets.

I got home too late to pick up Persia and Peaches (the bird) last night so I
went and got them this morning. This is the longest I've ever left Persia
to be boarded (7 nights) so she decided to punish me. After checking the
apartment to make sure things were as she had left them, she wandered around
and yowled for a couple or three hours. Occasionally she would forget she
was mad at me and come up for some scritches. But then she would remember
herself and it was right back to the wandering and yelling her kitty head
off.

She's finally settled down. She took a nap with me and purred up a storm.
She's now curled up on the pillow next to my chair. Guess even after a nap
all that yelling wore her out. She has a sort of raspy Siamese-style voice
anyway but she yelled so much she was starting to come down with a case of
kitty-laryngitis.

Peaches, the lovebird, is oblivious. As long as she has her food, water and
toys, she doesn't care where her cage is.

It was a fun trip. Good to be home but darn, I left dishes in the sink.
Hmmm, fresh water, more soap... think I'll leave them there a little longer.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old September 24th 04, 01:33 PM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:
Purrs for everyone's needs and losses in my absence over the last
week. Believe me when I say you all did cross my mind while I was on
my trip.

Welcome home.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 26th 04, 08:16 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Welcome back Jill.
Suz

Thank you, Suz I leave again in 12 days!

Jill

You Jetsetter you!
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old September 27th 04, 12:03 AM
Christina Websell

"SUQKRT" wrote in message

In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Welcome back Jill.
Suz

Thank you, Suz I leave again in 12 days!

Jill

You Jetsetter you!
Suz

I love that name, Persia.
I'm a hopeless namer myself. Although I did once call one of my goats Miss
Marple because she had lots of skin folds under her chin as a kid.

Tweed

Old September 27th 04, 12:03 AM
Christina Websell

Old September 27th 04, 12:03 AM