Christmas Presents

Old December 27th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Christmas Presents

We had a very humble Christmas this year compared to others we've had, but
it was one of the best for me. Ben managed to wheel and deal and got me an
*amazing* buy on some limited edition hand-painted plates. The artist is
Henriette Ronner-Knip, a Dutch painter who lived from 1821 to 1909
(http://searchpartygraphics.com/colle...nip/knip.html). She was known
as "The Queen of Cats", so this post isn't off-topic! ;

Sorry these pictures are so blurry - my camera is still suffering the
effects of hurricane Ike and the condensation that mucked up the insides so
that it doesn't take close-up pictures any more.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/plates/

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 27th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
We had a very humble Christmas this year compared to others we've had, but
it was one of the best for me. Ben managed to wheel and deal and got me
an *amazing* buy on some limited edition hand-painted plates. The artist
is Henriette Ronner-Knip, a Dutch painter who lived from 1821 to 1909
(http://searchpartygraphics.com/colle...nip/knip.html). She was
known as "The Queen of Cats", so this post isn't off-topic! ;

Sorry these pictures are so blurry - my camera is still suffering the
effects of hurricane Ike and the condensation that mucked up the insides
so that it doesn't take close-up pictures any more.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/plates/

They are very lovely. The one of the b/w tuxedo is identical to KFC except
with longer hair.

Tweed

Old December 27th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 27, 8:44*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
.. *Ben managed to wheel and deal and got me an
*amazing* buy on some limited edition hand-painted plates. *The artist is
Henriette Ronner-Knip,

They are lovely!

What a great present as well! Dave got me.....he's going to pay my
store card for a shirt I got for my brothers 50th...not quite in the
same league

Then again that's money I don't have to spend on that so I shall make
my own arrangements regarding what I would have really liked him to
have got me!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 27th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
We had a very humble Christmas this year compared to others we've had, but
it was one of the best for me. Ben managed to wheel and deal and got me
an *amazing* buy on some limited edition hand-painted plates. The artist
is Henriette Ronner-Knip, a Dutch painter who lived from 1821 to 1909
(http://searchpartygraphics.com/colle...nip/knip.html). She was
known as "The Queen of Cats", so this post isn't off-topic! ;

Sorry these pictures are so blurry - my camera is still suffering the
effects of hurricane Ike and the condensation that mucked up the insides
so that it doesn't take close-up pictures any more.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/plates/

I'm jealous. WANT!!!!

Pam S

Old December 27th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
We had a very humble Christmas this year compared to others we've had,
but it was one of the best for me. Ben managed to wheel and deal and got
me an *amazing* buy on some limited edition hand-painted plates. The
artist is Henriette Ronner-Knip, a Dutch painter who lived from 1821 to
1909 (http://searchpartygraphics.com/colle...nip/knip.html). She
was known as "The Queen of Cats", so this post isn't off-topic! ;

Sorry these pictures are so blurry - my camera is still suffering the
effects of hurricane Ike and the condensation that mucked up the insides
so that it doesn't take close-up pictures any more.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/plates/

I'm jealous. WANT!!!!

Pam S

There are actually three more in the set - but the "buy now" price on them
is $40 each (more than he paid for these five together with shipping!!), so
I guess I'll wait on completing the set. He also bought me 2 small cat
figurines and two prints by the same artist - the purrrrrrfect Christmas
gift! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 28th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

We had a very humble Christmas this year compared to others we've had, but
it was one of the best for me. Ben managed to wheel and deal and got me an
*amazing* buy on some limited edition hand-painted plates. The artist is
Henriette Ronner-Knip, a Dutch painter who lived from 1821 to 1909
(http://searchpartygraphics.com/colle...nip/knip.html). She was known
as "The Queen of Cats", so this post isn't off-topic! ;

The plates were presumably *not* hand-painted by Ronner-Knip herself,
though? (If they were, they would have to be worth tens of thousands).

I've seen a book of her work with a good biography. Interesting and
not entirely fluffy-and-lovable character. One of the first woman
artists to break into art as a *business*. This meant setting limits
you might not have thought of: no paintings of alley cats however
cute or beautiful they might be, the buyers for her pictures were the
wealthy and they wanted their pets to be seen as a design statement.
She had great talent as an artist but even greater skills in marketing
and management.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old December 28th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
We had a very humble Christmas this year compared to others we've
had, but it was one of the best for me. Ben managed to wheel and
deal and got me an *amazing* buy on some limited edition
hand-painted plates. The artist is Henriette Ronner-Knip, a Dutch
painter who lived from 1821 to 1909
(http://searchpartygraphics.com/colle...nip/knip.html). She
was known as "The Queen of Cats", so this post isn't off-topic! ;

Sorry these pictures are so blurry - my camera is still suffering
the effects of hurricane Ike and the condensation that mucked up the
insides so that it doesn't take close-up pictures any more.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/plates/

Awww! Pointy tailed bitties!

Lovely.

Jo

Old December 28th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

The fact that he took the time and effort to get them for you must make them
even more priceless.

Old December 28th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
We had a very humble Christmas this year compared to others we've had,
but
it was one of the best for me. Ben managed to wheel and deal and got me
an
*amazing* buy on some limited edition hand-painted plates. The artist is
Henriette Ronner-Knip, a Dutch painter who lived from 1821 to 1909
(http://searchpartygraphics.com/colle...nip/knip.html). She was
known
as "The Queen of Cats", so this post isn't off-topic! ;

The plates were presumably *not* hand-painted by Ronner-Knip herself,
though? (If they were, they would have to be worth tens of thousands).

No, I could only wish. They were hand-painted, but not by the artist
herself. They were done in the 1990s and were part of a limited edition -
they were only made for a period of 150 days and then production stopped, so
there is a limited market for them.

I've seen a book of her work with a good biography. Interesting and
not entirely fluffy-and-lovable character. One of the first woman
artists to break into art as a *business*. This meant setting limits
you might not have thought of: no paintings of alley cats however
cute or beautiful they might be, the buyers for her pictures were the
wealthy and they wanted their pets to be seen as a design statement.
She had great talent as an artist but even greater skills in marketing
and management.

I'd love to read a biography of the "Queen of Cats", I bet she was
fascinating.

Hugs,

CatNipped

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk
====
Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739
557
CD-ROMs and free stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic
fonts

Old December 28th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Granby" wrote in message
The fact that he took the time and effort to get them for you must make
them even more priceless.

Yep, he bid on each one separately and had to watch them closely to make
sure he won the bid. He knows me better than anyone else on earth, and he
still loves me!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped