Dot escaped into the cold outside

Old December 15th 13, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Dot escaped into the cold outside

On 12/12/2013 9:43 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 22:49:52 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
On 12/10/2013 10:08 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot, seasons turn. You're 14 years old, but I know you'll see a few more
springs, a few more summers, if you're patient. And we'll see them
together, you and I.

Awwwww! Now Dot knows better. She can watch those seasons with you.
From where it's comfortable.

I'm not sure whether she's learned her lesson. She's a cat that wants to
live a full life every day. I'm sure she's hatching more kooky plans in her
furry little head.

G Perhaps. When Persia was about 3 she escaped to The Big Out. I'd
opened the door to retrieve a package. She ran out. I tried to coax
her back in but then... things happened. A guy opened his door and out
ran his two unleashed dogs. She took off. I thought for sure she'd
never come back.

When she finally made her way back home (about 48 hours later) she was
muddy and cold, with leaves stuck to her fur. I gathered she'd spent a
cold night or two huddled under a bush. But she found her way home
again. Of course I'd been out calling for her every chance I got.

She never really showed any interest in The Big Out after that.

Jill
Old December 15th 13, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 12/14/2013 4:25 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 20:44:40 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
I'm so glad she decided being with you was better than being cold and
hungry. Your story reminded me of the two times Shadow managed to get
out through open windows and weak screens. The first time I found him
chewing grass in my yard and scooped him up. He wasn't the least bit
freaked out being out there. The second time, Marley had "pushed" him
through the screen and it was just outside the living room on the ground
floor and he was right where he'd dropped when I went out to get him.

Happy sunshiny seasons forthcoming, Dot!

A former poster who had experience with kitty vacations on a Finnish isle
once said that grass is the great distractor.

I wish mine would stay put when they get out! Both Dot and Buster have hid
when they found themselves stuck outside. Fortunately, that happens very
rarely.

Happens never here anymore since getting screen reinforcements for when
I want to open the windows. But Shamrock was the one who freaked out
when he got out one time. He went running toward the road from the
neighbors yard, then did a sudden change in direction to run through my
open gate to the backyard. I was freaking out too. He was so scared
being out there on his own. I'm sure it was because he couldn't find
his bearings.

Sammy used to try to get out but I've broken him of that habit in a few
tries. If he is close to the door when I'm coming in I YELL at him. It
seems mean but he's gotten the message and now he runs up the stairs if
I'm coming inside. Good, smart kitty.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old December 16th 13, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

The RSPCA are not perfect, what organization is? They get it wrong
sometimes. They do do a lot of good work. all my cats have come from their
rescue centre.

They are more than not perfect, not too long ago they electrifried dogs to
put them down. I've had a negative experience with them.
Luckily I got Trim, my lurcher from them, hours away from being put down.
I cannot say she was not difficult, she was. Terrible theif and broke into
cupboards, and would run off when I first got her I spent a load of time
searching for her and vomiting her when I got her back to get rid of the
elastic from chickens that she'd managed to find in dustbins.
However we managed to live together for 14 years. I still miss her.
She didn't like someone, although I did. She bit him when he came towards
me. Sufficient to say that I found out that she was right. First time she
ever bit.

Old December 16th 13, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Judith Latham wrote:

Cheryl wrote:

Sammy used to try to get out but I've broken him of that habit in a few
tries. If he is close to the door when I'm coming in I YELL at him. It
seems mean but he's gotten the message and now he runs up the stairs if
I'm coming inside. Good, smart kitty.

Good smart Kitty indeed! Sometimes you do have to be cruel to be kind.

In the right measure.

--
Joyce

"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Greene