New dog - some advice needed

Old September 16th 05, 12:12 PM

Default New dog - some advice needed

I might be wrong (would appear to be over the last few days) but ain't
this group er um about cats? Take it where someone might actually give
a ****.

wrote:
HOWEDY David,

David Heggie wrote:
Hi folks

I posted to this newsgroup a few weeks back,

I told you that you was askin liars dog abusers
cowards and active acute chronic long term incurable
MENTAL CASES for advice THEY AIN'T GOT, David.

as I was planning on taking a 4 month old lab / retreiver
cross puppy from my mother in law, and was looking for
some advice.

Yeah. I told you your MIL could train her dog
in a couple days EZ GENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY
and FOR FREE, to boot, David.

Well, the dog is now living with us

I told you dogs ain't a COMMODITY you swap around
till you find a suitable place for them to live or
murder them if you can't DEAL with their PROBLEMS
that you caused by ABUSING them like your children..

and is fitting in slowly,

Yeah, and you're writing today to tell us
of your tremendous SUCCESS rehabilitating
your MIL'S ABUSED DOG, eh David?

but I think reasonably well.

So DO tell us all about your SUCCESS, eh David?

There are a few issues that I'm needing some help with though.

You got the same problems your MIL had for the same
reason, David, you're an abuser, like she is:

"It is NO WONDER that the marked changes in
deviant behavior of children can be achieved
through brief, simple educative routines with
their mothers which modify the mother's social
behaviors shaping the child (Whaler, 1966). Some
clinics have reported ELIMINATION ofthe need for
child THERAPY through changing the clinical emphasis
from clinical to parental HANDLING of the child
(Szrynski 1965).

A large number of cases improved sufficiently after
preliminary contact with parents that NO treatment
of children was required, and almost ALL cases
SHOWE a remarkably shortened period for therapy.
Quite severe cases of anorexia nervosa have been
treated in own to five months by simply REPLACING
the parents temporarily with EFFUSIVELY LOVING
SUBSTITUTES (Groen, 1966)."

Firstly I should say that I live in a very remote
rural island location, and don't have access to
professional dog obedience classes.

I told you "professinal dog obedience classes"
CAUSE the temperament and behavior problems our
MENTAL CASES got with their own fear aggressive
hyperactive outta CON-TROLL deathly ill dogs, David.

I *do* have experience of training dogs,

INDEED. THAT'S WHY YOU GOT BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS with him
and that's why your MIL had to GET RID OF HER DOG, David.

having had three GSDs in the past.

Yeah, GSD's are about the EZiest dog to train.

Firstly, the dog hasn't had *any* kind of training

EXXXCEPT for a good dose of ABUSE.

at all up to the present -

So you should be ALL SET, eh David?

he's very excitable,

You mean he's hyperactive from you bribing
and intimidating him, David.

isn't really sure of his name

You can install the come command as a conditional
reflex in as little as ten mintues, David, LIKE THIS:

wrote:
Well I am happy to reply that so far after 10
minutes of work and the cans from mr Howes guide,

You mean The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual {); ~ )

I have instilled the "come" command to Riley.

Good. You mean INSTALLED the come command as
a conditional reflex. Be SHORE to perform the
EXXXORCISES four times in each of four locations.

He is an extremley smart dog, I have never had
to go to the third or fourth try.

From: "BarbnBeau"
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:52:30 -0500
Puppy Wizard's Website

Hi Buzzsaw

Not a Thing to lose ...But a Lot To Gain!!

I can only speak from my experience.. I have a 8 month
old miniature poodle, and although I had done some basic
training with him we had a few barking issues ..ugh

I am happy to tell you, I contacted Jerry at the email
addy I posted and he was so great! I wasn't following
the technique precisely but he helped me get back on track.

Beau is doing sooooo well it is really a thrill working
with him, and seeing the remarkable changes.

Now I can ask for "recall" (come) both on and off lead
and it is immediate!

the first time I ask.

Best of Luck to you,

Remember if you need help or explanation contact Jerry ..
he will be more than happy to help anyway he can.

Cheers
Barb

From: Becky )
Subject: Crate Anxiety
behavior Date: 2002-04-04 12:56:23

Try Jerry Howe's training manual and check
out his Doggy Do Right (And Kitty Will And
A Rooster Did And A Cockatoo Or Two Did Too)
machine.... it is for this.

Please do not listen to the others in here
that don't like him or his methods, they
have never tried them.... I have and it
works!!!!

I broke my dog from nipping almost 100% in 1 day
and she usually does this SEVERAL times a day and
actually makes my kids bleed!

Try it or contact him! The manual is at the above
website also, and it is free!

Becky

===========

and get him to understand that NO means NO ?

You'll NEVER train your dog if you continue to
force and intimidate IT as you've been taught.

Secondly, and kind of related to the first issue

You mean, not listening to you when you tell IT to down?

is that he's so excitable.

Because you're bribing forcing and intimidating him.

Where he came from,

He came from your children's gramma,
your wife's momma's HOWES, David.

he wasn't really exercised or stimulated enough,

That's INSANE, David. The dog is GOIN INSANE
because he's been ABUSED as you've done to
your children, as you and your Mrs. was TAUGHT
by your abusive parents, David.

and I'm sure that his boisterousness

The dog FEARS and HATES you, David. OtherWIZE
he'd NATURALLY WANT to DO ANY THING YOU ASK.

LIKE THIS:

From: "Ms. Mick"
Subject: Dog will not listen to anyone but me!

"The Puppy Wizard" wrote in message

It'd take fifteen minutes to train this dog to
come to EVERY member of the family if you knew
HOWE, Master Of Deception blankman.

Okay, I gotta speak up here... We've been using
Jerry's methods with our dog. We had the same
problem as the original poster has with Buzz.

One day working with the family pack exercise
and practicing the recall command with the family
and she'll now go out with hubby and daughter
instead of needing me to reassure her or even
refusing to go with anyone but me.

I really urge you, regardless of the negative
things you might hear about Jerry & Wits' End
here, to try the method and *judge the results
for yourself*.

Let's see what other areas she's improved in...
always comes when called, not chewing stuff even
if we leave it laying around, "re"housebroken after
long shelter stay, walks perfectly on leash, doesn't
try to steal food from our plates or beg... probably
a few more things I'm forgetting to mention.

That's in about a week's time.

Her overall demeanor has changed. When we brought
her home she was very untrusting and ultra-submissive
(except with her area/toys where she was possessive
and nippy). She had been abused and beaten by previous
owners, then she was in a shelter for months. They
(most of them) wanted to give upand kill her

Now she's gained confidence and trust with us.
Last night was another big breakthrough (in my eyes).
She barked! Big deal, she barked just once when she
heard the front door. Great!

Anyway, you'll be told lots of nasty stuff about
Jerry or that the Wits' End manual is culled from
other sources. In my opinion, even if it is, it
takes only the good stuff and leaves out the bad.

Works for me.

(And I suppose I gotta say this... I don't know
Jerry personally. I've emailed him and instant
messaged him. I have not bought a "Doggy Do Right".
He's offered help for free.)

M.

is due to his boredom.

BWEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAAA!!!

Perhaps you should let him play with your kids?

He's now getting around 3 hours of walking a day,

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

YOU'LL KILL HIM WITH ALL THAT WALKIN!

plus three good 15-30 minute play sessions in the
garden which I'm hoping will sort that out,

No, it'll make him MORE WILD and he'll have MORE STAMINA
to DRIVE YOU TO MURDER HIM, David, JUST LIKE HOWE YOU
BEEN TAUGHT by your abusive parents, David.

but it doesn't seem to be working so far.

Notic I'm not BLAMING YOU, David. You're only an
INNOCENT VICTIM of abuse, just as your dog is.

Any advice on how to stop him jumping / pawing
and generally getting worked up as soon as I walk
into the room would be appreciated as we've a 5
month old baby that needs to be carried everywhere
and doesn't appreciate a nippy dog jumping around.

Never thought of that as an EXXXCUSE for not
being able to PRAISE THE DOG for tryin to say
"HOWEDY!", David. Have you TRIED sayin "HOWEDY!"
when he comes over to BOND with you, David?

Those are the real negatives with him

You AIN'T GETTIN AWAY with BLAMING the puppy
for BEING BAD like HOWE your PARENTS BLAMED
YOU for the SAME PROBLEMS.

and I'd appreciate any sensible advice that folks can give -

BWEEEEEEEEEEEAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!

we were his only option,

No, you DISADVANTAGED you MIL and him of his
original HOWES because you didn't LIKE what
The Amazing Puppy Wizard TOLD YOU a couple
weeks ago, and NOW I GET MY DESSERT, David.

You, your dog, your child, your SP-HOWES mean
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me, David, as your CASE
HISTORY DATA is ALL I need or care about and
will serve my MACHINE very well whether or not
you SUCCEED or FAIL to rehabiitate your new puppy.

as the m-i-l couldn't cope

BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T GIVE HER THE INFORMATION SHE NEEDED
THAT I OFFERED YOU, David, BECAUSE IT EMBARRASSED you.

and there was nowhere for him to go.

You'll PROBABLY MURDER IT, David.

He's got the bones of a good dog in there,

That so?

and I really want to get them out!

Well then you'll have to FORGET EVERY THING
you think you know and learn every thing the
EXXXPERTS tell you to KILLFILE, David.

"A customer recently purchased a Shiba Inu and
I suspect she may be in for a wild ride. This
is a breed that I suspect may respond particularly
well to mutual respect style training.

The alpha complex (as I now call it) is likely to
really provoke the dog's naturally competitive nature.

Thanks 1000 times for opening my eyes and don't let
those assholes get you down. I can't be the only person
that sees the sense in your methods. I'm in Windsor,
Ontario, Canada and pass your info to anyone it might
help"

Thanks, Jeremy.

Thanks in advance,

Thank you, David. I couldn't operate this
machine without your case history data.

David

The Amazing Puppy Wizard {); ~ )

From: "Ms. Mick"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.animals.dog

"michael" wrote in message

Tell me, Ms Mick, what's Jerry paying you to
be a paid shill? I want you to be a paid shill
for dogtv.com networks from now on. I'll double
what Howe's giving you, and then add on 50% MOORE
as a bonus. Is it a deal?

Ooh.. $0 + 50%, what a dream!

To the other posters, just what exactly is
plagiarized in the Wits' End manual? I'll
get whatever book you claim the material to
be from to check it out. You prove it to me.
I don't have the problem training this dog
(using the Wits' End manual).. seems everyone
else is having the problems with their dogs.

People bitch that I'm not giving advice, then
bitch again because they disagree when I do.
I don't care. All I know is that my dog is
doing well.

When I said "culled" I meant that what I consider
bad methods are left out. I've already stated that
I think choke/pinch/shock collars, crates, food
bribes, and other punishments are unnecessary.

If a book recommends them,it either goes in the
trash or back to the store. I've given up on dog
training books. I'm not going to devote time reading
books that go against what I'd do to train a dog.

I don't care if the authors are "experts" or not.
Some people here have said, "I thought I'd never
do X either until..." or that there is value in
all tools. Uhm... I'm sorry. A shock collar, for
one example, has no positive value whatsoever. If
you think it does, you wear one for a day and let
somebody "correct" you for whatever they like.
At the end of the day you'd probably want to slap
that person silly. I'm not willing to compromise
my views. I will *never* use those methods.

I've taken back book after book because it claims
to be compassionate or non-force. I open the book
and it's a lie. Last book I glanced at was "Good
Owners, Great Dogs". First page I flipped to was
a picture showing how to teach sit by jerking a
choke collar while pushing down the dog's back
end. Lots of pictures showing how to jerk that
leash... *sigh*

Oh, and I once upon a time I thought I was safe
buying that book by Monks. Monks! Sadistic
*******s who *hit* and jerked dogs into submission.

This is not my first dog. I've had dogs in the
past and not used any formal training methods with
them, just my normal belief that all dogs can be good
dogs with positive feedback and without punishment.

It always worked.After my last dog died (about 10
years ago) I didn't get another. I've wanted to
during this time, but I had a divorce, a child,
and other things that took most of my time. For
the past three years I've really missed having a
dog around. So, on my birthday, my husband said,
"Let's go to the shelter." I actually found her
on petfinder.com first.

My current dog needed me to come along or she
would be dead now. I'm not exaggerating, the
vet at the shelter wanted to kill her the day
we brought her home. Why? Because she was a
behavioral nightmare for them.

People wouldn't look twice at her after she
snarled at them and warned them to get away
from her cage. They couldn't look past the
tearing up garbage, fear, abuse, and
housebreaking problems that were listed in
her bio.

We had filled out the paperwork to adopt her
on Saturday, and they stretched the waiting
period out from 24 hours until Tuesday. Why?
Because the vet didn't want to take a chance
on her and wanted to kill her! I think he was
hoping that the long wait would make us give up,
but all it did was encourage us to visit her
every day, take her for walks, and bring her
stuff from "home". Luckily, one of the dog
handlers there was sane and stood by us when
we went there on that Tuesday and demanded that
they let us take her home. She's recovering now
and getting better by the day.

I can't have a dog that pulls on a leash or jumps on
me or anything like that. I'm disabled from a car
accident 15 years ago. I can walk (slowly) and all
that, but lack the balance and strength to survive
a dog dragging me around on a leash or knocking me
over. I'd never be able to catch her if
she decided to run away.

I *need* a well-behaved dog. If my dog wanted
to, she'd have me on my butt in two seconds. I
don't have that problem though.

So excuse me if I come here and get upset when I
read a bunch of posts giving "advice" to "train"
dogs by the "experts" that'll make the dogs just
as messed up as mine was when I first met her.
(She had such fear that everything she did was
going to mean being hit or her paws squeezed or
be locked up that she would get ultra-submissive,
anxious and would pee all over.

She's a big enough dog (Rott/Shep. mix) that if
she would have decided to attack instead, she
could cause major damage. Lucky she was kept
in a cage/tied up, huh?) It tends to upset me
a bit, and all my niceness goes right out the window.

I mistakenly thought that these dog groups would be
a positive experience, but for the most part they've
just made me angry. "Dimpled Chad" has been polite
and helpful, but almost everyone else seems to have
a problem with me speaking my mind.

M.

=======================

"Terri"@cyberhighway

Hey, do like me, and killfile Jerry.
He has millions of people aleady reading his posts and
watching him extract his soggy foot out of his mouth!
Out of these MILLIONS, I've only seen 2 naive childs
come forward and actually believe in his training manual.

Robert Crim writes:

I assume that I and my wife are those two naive childs
since I freely admit to having read and, I hope,
understood enough of the manual and it's counterparts by
John Fisher and the posts of Marilyn Rammell to believe
and use it.

This naive child would like to say thank you to both
Jerry and Marilyn for putting up with a constant barrage
of really infantile crap at the hands of supposedly
adult dog lovers.

The other naive child (LSW) has to put up with the
nagging idea that if people like them had been posting
earlier, maybe we would not have had to hold the head
of a really magnificent animal in our arms while he was
given the needle and having to hug him and wait until he
gasped his last gasp.

To my mind, "naive" is believing you can terrorize a dog
into good behavior. Naive is believing that people that
hide behind fake names are more honest than people that
use their real names. Naive is thinking that dilettante
dog breeders and amateur "trainers" like Joey
(lyingdogDUMMY, j.h.) are the equal or better than
those that have studied and lived by their craft for
decades.

"Stupid" is believing that people do not see kindergarten
level insults for what they are. Really stupid is believing
that people like Jerry Howe and Marilyn Rammell are
going to just go away because you people act like fools.

Why do you act like fools? I really have no idea, and I
don't really care.

And, to date: I've not seen ONE come forward and
actually admit to buying and having success with his
little black box.

I think I'm going to get one myself for Father's day and
take it down to the Animal Shelter for their use and
testing. You would never believe the results, so you'll
never know.

Anyone by now that doesn't see a scam man coming by
Jerry's posts deserves to get what is sure to be coming
to him! LOL!

I don't see a "scam man", so I guess I and Longsuffering
Wife and Rollei will just have to get what we deserve,
eh? As Joey (Dogman) says, "poor Rollei.".......right.

Terri

Yes it was, and that is sad.

Robert, Longsuffering Wife and Rollei (do I get to
listen to the box first?)

====================

"Hoku Beltz" wrote in message
. ..

Aloha Sunny,

Just follow the training program to the letter, no matter
how insignificant some of the step seem to be and your pupy
will be a very well behaved dog in a few days.

I would seriously consider backing out of the training
classes as they will conflict with the Wit's End principles.
I went the training route first, and still had problems
until I found Wits' End. Now I have two "new and improved"
dogs.

You won't be dissapointed if you follow the program.
Good luck,

Hoku