Cats DO change..

Old February 28th 16, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

Default Cats DO change..

GLyN has never been very interested in human food,
other than an occasional sniff. UNTIL recently.

For about a year, if he's inside when I make a sandwich,
he's been happy to take a slice or 2 of roast beef or
even pastrami. But only 1 or 2, never more. And he's
TOTALLY polite about it, he doesn't grab it from my hand,
OR even take it off a fork, but waits patiently until it
is laid on the floor near him.

Today, when I can home with a fast food burger (very unusual),
he decided THAT smelled good, and eat 2 small pieces that I
offered, before taking off back outside. He had NEVER eaten
or shown any interest in fast food before, but I expect it's
a habit he'll decide to perfect.

Old February 28th 16, 07:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 2/27/2016 6:41 PM, The New Other Guy wrote:

GLyN has never been very interested in human food,
other than an occasional sniff. UNTIL recently.

For about a year, if he's inside when I make a sandwich,
he's been happy to take a slice or 2 of roast beef or
even pastrami. But only 1 or 2, never more. And he's
TOTALLY polite about it, he doesn't grab it from my hand,
OR even take it off a fork, but waits patiently until it
is laid on the floor near him.

Today, when I can home with a fast food burger (very unusual),
he decided THAT smelled good, and eat 2 small pieces that I
offered, before taking off back outside. He had NEVER eaten
or shown any interest in fast food before, but I expect it's
a habit he'll decide to perfect.

You're definitely right about cats changing. Koala just recently
decided he likes getting under the covers of my bed during the day. He
hasn't done it at night yet, but who knows? When he first started doing
it, we were having a chilly spell, and I thought maybe he was cold.
However, when it warmed up, he kept on doing it. I can understand his
doing it when someone else is here, because he is very shy around other
people (understatement). However, he'll spend hours under the covers
when there's nobody else here.

Old February 28th 16, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 23:09:19 -0800, Joy wrote:

You're definitely right about cats changing. Koala just recently
decided he likes getting under the covers of my bed during the day. He
hasn't done it at night yet, but who knows? When he first started doing
it, we were having a chilly spell, and I thought maybe he was cold.
However, when it warmed up, he kept on doing it. I can understand his
doing it when someone else is here, because he is very shy around other
people (understatement). However, he'll spend hours under the covers
when there's nobody else here.

That's a trick GLyN hasn't tried, yet.

He will take a look under the covers sometimes, when I'm
in bed, but he seldom stays on the bed when I'm not in it,
on ort=r und err the covers.

But I've had cats that slept under the covers a lot of the time,
one used to lay across my ankles, and would stay there no matter
how much I tossed and turned.

Old February 29th 16, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 2/28/2016 5:58 AM, The New Other Guy wrote:
[...]

I used to have one that normally slept on top of the bed. However, on
cold nights he'd wake me up by putting his face next to mine and turning
his head back and forth so his whiskers tickled my face. That was the
signal for me to lift the covers so he could go under.

Old February 29th 16, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 16:07:10 -0800, Joy wrote:

I used to have one that normally slept on top of the bed. However, on
cold nights he'd wake me up by putting his face next to mine and turning
his head back and forth so his whiskers tickled my face. That was the
signal for me to lift the covers so he could go under.

When GLyN sleeps with me, which isn't often, he gets as close
as he can against my chest, and usually tucks his head into my
armpit. He'll stay there for an hour or more, then move down
near but not on my feet, until he's had enough and asks to be
let out..