Thread of Memory and Remembrance

Old October 26th 12, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Thread of Memory and Remembrance

Every year, at about this time, when the veil is thin, we set aside some
time to remember our loved ones who are no longer with us.

Other, related groups, do similar things (RPCC has the Jellicle Ball),
but the RPCA tradition is to list the name of those we wish to remember.
It does not matter whether or not they were 'ours' in a legal sense, nor
what species they were, only that we hold their memory dear.

The traditional format is to list the name of the loved one, (their
species if not a cat in brackets), their house name (that is, the
surname of their family - if it unknown, then "House of Bast" shall do,
as they all belong to Bast as well), RB if they passed away, MIA if they
disappeared, RH if they were rehomed, and a ? if their fate is unknown.
Then follows the year in which they left us (if known), and perhaps a
short sentence of tribute if necessary.

My own Thread of Memory is:

Shmoggleberry, House of Chapman Jr, RB 2007, King of the ******* Cat
Trick; cat of my heart.
Fluffy (D*g), House of Chapman Jr, RB 2010, bestest goggie ever.
Blackie, House of Chapman Sr, MIA & RB by now, first cat.
Snoopy, House of Chapman Sr, RB ~1990, cat of my youth.
Drooling Cat, House of Bast, ? ~1996, friend of train travelers.
Mombala, House of Bast, ? ~2000, An hour's meeting was worth a lifetime.
Shadow, House of Chapman Jr, MIA 2011, looked pampered and prissy, but
could not resist the call of the wild.
Brainy (Budgie), House of Chapman-Nagy, RB 1993, blue terror.
Vomit (Budgie), House of Noon-Chapman-Nagy, RB 1993, died of a broken heart.
Boris (fish), House of Chapman Jr, RB 1985, big personality in such a
small body. Died from love & ignorance.
Old October 27th 12, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

All my wonderful dogs especially Pollyanna and Minnie who were my heart
dogs. Kitty Farmcat who chose me to know about cats. The ginger boy who
died in my orchard and the black feral boy who got killed by a car outside
my house. He was a moment away from his one true home.
Mine.

Old October 27th 12, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 10/26/2012 6:52 PM, Yowie wrote:
Every year, at about this time, when the veil is thin, we set aside some
time to remember our loved ones who are no longer with us.

My thread of memory:
Dad (human)
Eric (human)
Marley
Shadow

You are all with me every day. I love and miss you.
Old October 28th 12, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie[_3_]

On Friday, October 26, 2012 6:51:59 PM UTC-4, Yowie wrote:
[...]

Rusty. House of Leong, RB 2010 at age 16
My one and only cat for 15 year and I still dreamed of him. He was a quiet
and mild manner cat except at the vet where he acted like a feisty tiger.
Old October 28th 12, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

[...]

Princess Ivy Punkinhead Puffybutt (1994 - 2002)
Smokey (? (she was a young adult when we got here, not sure of her age)
- 2008)
Merlin (dog - 1993 - 2008)
Tennessee Tuxedo, aka Buckethead Buddy Boy, my heart-cat, (1994 - 2012)
Weeble's MamaKat, serveral (half) siblings that disappeared over the
years, along with MamaKat after her last litter of Barney, Bam-Bam & Betty.
All house of Lee

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old October 29th 12, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Speedy Joe- House of McMann-Madigan MIA and by now RB- our first cat
Motley (dog)-House of McMann-Madigan- RB 1984
Fugazi- House of McMann-Madigan RB `1999
Isis-House of McMann-Madigan RB 2003
Travis- House of Bast - RB 2003
Redunzel- House of McMann-Madigan- RB 2011

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 31st 12, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

In article , Cheryl
wrote:
On 10/26/2012 6:52 PM, Yowie wrote:
Every year, at about this time, when the veil is thin, we set aside
some time to remember our loved ones who are no longer with us.

My thread of memory:
Dad (human)
Eric (human)
Marley
Shadow

You are all with me every day. I love and miss you.

Oops... I forgot the humans. Never mind.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

I did, too. But of course it goes without saying. Thread of memory:

Dad (human) - RB March 2, 2008. I miss him. I only wish I'd gotten
"permission" to come here before the Alzheimer's had gotten so bad He
didn't know who I was. He'd forgotten he had a daughter. It was
heartbreaking.
Mom (human) - RB November 22, 2008. She was a loving mother and also my
best friend. We are alike in so many ways. Often we'd discover we'd bought
the same thing, like the same blouse or the same new face cream. We had a
wonderful bond. I miss her every day.

Jill

Old October 31st 12, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Winnie" wrote in message

[...]

Winnie, have you gotten to the point where you think you'd like another cat?

Jill

Ping Yowie Thread of Memory Sharon & Smudgie Cat anecdotes 0 October 25th 12 10:27 AM
Thread of Memory Yowie Cat anecdotes 15 October 31st 11 10:31 PM
Ping Yowie List of Remembrance? Sharon & Smudgie Cat anecdotes 2 October 26th 11 12:10 PM
OT Sept. 11, 2001 a remembrance Matthew Cat anecdotes 7 September 12th 06 01:57 PM
OT Day of remembrance Cheryl Sellner Cat anecdotes 14 January 28th 06 08:30 PM