Smudge is a carb freak

Old October 2nd 07, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Smudge is a carb freak

I'm having these little fruit tart things - little pastries filled
with fruit jelly. Smudge has been howling to go outside, but when I
sat down at the computer with my snack, she jumped up and started
sniffing the package with great interest. So, not below stooping to
bribery, I broke off a couple of pieces of the pastry (sans fruit)
and put it on the desk for her. Wow!! I've never seen her tear into
meat like that. So I gave her several more small pieces, and she
continue to attack it as though it were filet mignon.

Actually, it's not news to me that Smudge is carb-crazy. As a kitten,
she broke into bags of rice and uncooked pasta before I moved them
to inaccessible places. She has been known (and you long-time RPCA'ers
will have heard this many times, but this is for the benefit of newer
members) to completely by pass raw chicken and cheese in an unattended
shopping bag to tear apart a bag of English muffins.

Anyway, fat lot of good the bribery did. She is now back at her
position by the front door, howling to be allowed out of her prison.
Her injury is much better now, so I'm back to letting her go out
during the day, but I bring her in at night.

Joyce
Old October 2nd 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

wrote:

Actually, it's not news to me that Smudge is carb-crazy. As a kitten,
she broke into bags of rice and uncooked pasta before I moved them
to inaccessible places. She has been known (and you long-time RPCA'ers
will have heard this many times, but this is for the benefit of newer
members) to completely by pass raw chicken and cheese in an unattended
shopping bag to tear apart a bag of English muffins.

Persia is also a carb freak. She likes cornbread muffins. She likes (U.S)
biscuits, rolls, English muffins and buttered toast. She loves potato chips
(which are my one real vice for the occasional snack food). She showed some
interest in mashed potatoes! LOL

She steals what she can, when she can by sneaking up and paws up on the
coffee table to snag a snack. Thankfully she doesn't jump up on kitchen
counters to steal food I'm preparing. She's a very lady-like cat

Funny, she doesn't really like fish. She despises tuna. She shows some
interest in the salmon patties I make from canned salmon, but not as much as
you'd expect. She's pretty well behaved. I think I lucked out with Persia.

My two show very little interest in people food - even fresh
meat or chicken. If I've dropped crumbs down my front,
eating cookies in front of the TV, Melisande will get up on
my lap and lick up the crumbs, but I'm not sure whether
that's because she wants to eat them, or just doesn't
approve of the mess! ;-)

Jill

Old October 3rd 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

wrote in message
[...]

Cali is a Carbo Cat too, especially cookies, but only certain types. Almond
biscotti and Dad's Oatmeal are favourites. Spicy is also good, so Doritos
are tasty, being Spicy AND Carby.

Old October 3rd 07, 09:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cantate

Cherry is my carb-kitty. She ripped open a 5-kilo bag of rice once.
She also will gnaw the edges off bread if it's not out of sight. None
of the other cats will bother carbs, but Jona has been known to chew a
hole through the bag containing her favorite cat food, and Emma will
steal chicken or ham when we're not looking. Paulette likes bran
flakes so I usually eat my breakfast standing up if I'm having them!

Cantate