My cat poops constantly

Old May 8th 05, 11:54 PM
Paula Halvorsen via CatKB.com

Default My cat poops constantly

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what may be wrong with my cat? His name is Tucker and he
is about 9 months old. He is pooping constantly. Sometimes in the litter
box and sometimes not. He poops all over the bathroom floor, in the
bathtub, in the garbage can, in the laundry basket, in the dryer...., yet
he will also use the cat box. He poops probably 10-15 times a day. I am
constantly cleaning the litter boxes. (I have two cats-brother and sister)
They have no problem sharing the cat boxes. I have had him to the vet with
no success. We have tried Clavamox (a liquid) and are currently trying
Metrondazal, which is a pill. I have found it impossible to make him take
the pill. I've tried hiding it in a treat and in soft cat food. They are
both fixed and for the most part they only get dry catfood. Any suggestions?
Old May 9th 05, 03:01 AM
bigbadbarry

Eat alot, poop alot, I mean were talking solids right, not the flux or
something?

I mean, if his gift's are viable solid contribution; then hey, he can't
hold that in.
but if it's runny, then I hear ya, something wrong in the machine.

I don't know about the potty training.

Cats are like a box of chocolates.

I think.

Old May 10th 05, 01:05 AM
Alison

"Paula Halvorsen via CatKB.com" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Do you mean he has the runs? Has he always been like this. What
tests did you vet do?
He might have a food allergy.
Alison

Old May 10th 05, 05:31 AM
Christine Burel

"Alison" wrote in message

[...]

I actually have a "Tucker," too! But my cat, Omar, has IBD and is also on
metronidazole -- my vet orders it from a California compounding pharmacy
(Triad) and it is a fish-flavored liquid. I have 2 other cats on a liquid
medicine (clomipramine); another vet at the same office called this
prescription in directly to Pet Health Pharmacy in Arizona for compounding.
They have been a really prompt and helpful pharmacy and I might consider
changing over to them for the metranidazole. They can also flavor meds with
all kinds of flavors -- currently, my two are getting the Triple Fish
flavored clomipramine and seem to do okay with that taste. The liquids seem
to work better with my cats especially when medicine dosages need adjusting.
I ask for a syringe because I think the droppers are harder to use. Maybe
this will give you another option to try.

Also, if your kitty has digestive problems (maybe allergies like was
mentioned -- maybe, he has IBD, too?) you might find you have better luck
with using canned food -- I have found that Omar does so much better with
canned food like Wellness and there is another brand I use, too, called
Precise -- I do buy these at a local pet store because the large chains here
(Petsmart; Petco) don't carry them. The greater moisture content in the wet
food helps him and also these foods have much fewer grains than most
commercial dry foods. My kitties only get dry food (and I use, California
Natural, Chicken and Rice, also from the local store) as a "treat" for
taking their medicines so they are more inclined to be cooperative.
hope this helps,
Christine B.

Old May 12th 05, 03:27 AM
Paula Halvorsen via CatKB.com

Thank you for replying. I appreciate it.

Old May 12th 05, 03:28 AM
Paula Halvorsen via CatKB.com

Thank you for replying. I wouldn't say the runs, it's just 10-15 times a
day. I have taken a couple of samples into the vet and the doctor looked
him over, but no actual tests on him.

Old May 12th 05, 03:30 AM
Paula Halvorsen via CatKB.com

Thank you. I will mention some of your suggestions to my vet. I appreciate
all the information and suggestions. Hopefully something will work.