How stupid am I?

Old March 30th 05, 06:16 PM
Susan M

Default How stupid am I?

Hi the

We had a crazy morning this morning since I had to get Otis to TED for his
urine test and all the other domestic things required to get my two kids fed
and out of the house and my daughter to art class.

After Otis and I struggled to the death over getting him into the carrier
(and I have the red angry welts to show for it), we raced out of the house.
I thought that TED was going to keep him there rather than do the urine test
while I waited and I didn't really have time for it. Anyway, they got the
urine and tossed me back Otis, who promptly peed in his cage in the car.

We still had to stop for breakfast (Jane's too little to go without
breakfast at an all day art class and this was supposed to be a treat) and
drive her to class. Otis was sitting in his pee and *really* upset about
it.

Soooooo, after dropping Jane at class, I had the brilliant idea to take the
huge towel from the back and lay it out for Otis to dry off. I hadn't
really expected him to be as soaked as he was though - his tail was wet as
was his butt. So, he wouldn't stay still (duh) and managed to get some
pretty stinky urine prints on a few places in the car, let alone in my lap
and on my jacket.

I can't even get the smell out with my Nature's Miracle and there's a vague
smell of cat pee in my new car. He got the paw prints on the leather and I
thought it would just wipe off

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID.

I should have let him marinate in his pee and let him take care of it when
we got home. This is terrible. The smell virtually *never* goes away.

Sam and I are going for a walk to TED's where we'll try to get some other
enzyme cleaner that might help.

Susan M
Otis (stinky) and Chester (angelic)
Shaking my head

Old March 30th 05, 07:26 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-30, Susan M penned:

I can't even get the smell out with my Nature's Miracle and there's a vague
smell of cat pee in my new car. He got the paw prints on the leather and I
thought it would just wipe off

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID.

I should have let him marinate in his pee and let him take care of it when
we got home. This is terrible. The smell virtually *never* goes away.

Oh, man. I'm sorry. I hope you get the smell out.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 30th 05, 10:08 PM
jmcquown

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote in message
Hi the

[...]

Awwwww. You aren't stupid; you are a caring cat-mom. You didn't want Otis
to be uncomfortable in a puddle of pee. Nothing wrong with that! I hope
you find something to get the smell out.

Jill

Old March 30th 05, 10:33 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote in message
Hi the

We had a crazy morning this morning since I had to get Otis to TED for his
urine test and all the other domestic things required to get my two kids

fed
and out of the house and my daughter to art class.

After Otis and I struggled to the death over getting him into the carrier
(and I have the red angry welts to show for it), we raced out of the

house.
I thought that TED was going to keep him there rather than do the urine

test
while I waited and I didn't really have time for it. Anyway, they got the
urine and tossed me back Otis, who promptly peed in his cage in the car.

snip

Old March 30th 05, 11:56 PM
Caroline S.

Susan M wrote:
snip soggy, stinky Otis story

Susan M
Otis (stinky) and Chester (angelic)
Shaking my head

Ooh, that's awful Susan! Maybe a commercial carwash place can clean the
leather too, or at least hose the interior down with "new car scent" to
cover the smell until it can fade naturally.

-Caroline S.
Old March 31st 05, 12:24 AM
Christine Burel

I can suggest you try out Petzyme Cat Stain and Odor Remover and see if that
works any better (you can get it at Petsmart, but be sure it specifically
states cats on the label as they have several versions of this stuff. I
even used it in DH's car when our daughter got carsick. You can get a
gallon of it for about $12.99.
hth,
Christine (who thinks you did the right thing by Otis because you're a
caring person -- cars don't have feelings but kitties do)

Old March 31st 05, 04:04 AM
Yoj

If you can somehow get hold of some F.O.N. (Feline Odor Neutralizer), it
should get rid of the odor. It has always worked for me.

Joy

Old March 31st 05, 04:58 AM
Sam Nash

[...]

Wow, Susan. Purrs that the stench will go away.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old March 31st 05, 02:32 PM
Enfilade

I can't even get the smell out with my Nature's Miracle and there's a
vague smell of cat pee in my new car. He got the paw prints on the
leather and I thought it would just wipe off

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID.

I should have let him marinate in his pee and let him take care of it when
we got home. This is terrible. The smell virtually *never* goes away.

As the mom of a poopster, I sympathize. There's something about the
car that makes Smokey hafta go. BAD. NOW.

I've always had his booboos happen while his cage was on a tarp or
some such. Purrs you'll find a good product.

--Fil