Stressed To Breaking...Sorry I NEED to Vent!

Old January 10th 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Stressed To Breaking...Sorry I NEED to Vent!

On Jan 9, 7:13*pm, ":-\)Liz" wrote:

Please put me in your thoughts, and prayers... :-( Liz

You're in there!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 10th 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Many purrs and purrayers for you, Liz - Any chance the doctor(s) who
prescribed his meds might have samples they could give you to last you for a
week to buy you a little time? I just googled these links which might be of
help...
Christine

http://www.ssa.gov/prescriptionhelp/

http://www.rxassist.org/

http://www.needymeds.org/

":-)Liz" wrote in message
I've been madly trying to find a place my bro could move to after Mother's
death as we can't keep her home (finally found a small house that will
suit him)...the taxes and utilities on Mother's house are killing me! and
what with me having to quit my job and come handle the estate and my
bro....I'm about done in financially and mentally as well as
physically...He just ran out of all his prescription meds ( a week early,
as per usual) for depression, ADD and other ailments... and is NO HELP
...All I do from daybreak till I collapse at night is... sort, pack and
tote to another room all his crud... He has to be moved out by the end of
the mth...

I miss being with my kitties, they miss me too. When I collapse at night
they all cling to me...

Please put me in your thoughts, and prayers... :-( Liz

Old January 10th 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
:-\)Liz[_11_]

We've tried about every place we can think of to get just a week's worth
more monthly(as his doc cut his dosage down by that many mil) Sadly as
Adderal is a Class D(?) drug...it's a no go..We've exhausted all the Social
Security/Disability avenues and the available doctors within his
network...Rather maddening...especially as when he's on his meds, he
functions great. :-( Liz Who now is going to go hug on her kitties...

Old January 11th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Ronald Adams"

Shut up troll Move on would you. School is back in go play with the
janitor

PLONK

Old January 12th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
Many purrs and purrayers for you, Liz - Any chance the doctor(s) who
prescribed his meds might have samples they could give you to last you for
a week to buy you a little time? I just googled these links which might
be of help...
Christine

I tried some of those links (years ago) and was told I couldn't get (or was
it "qualify"?) for prescription help. However, my doctor back in TN knew I
had lost my job and didn't have insurance. He gave me samples of the
anti-depressant I was on whenever he had them. The pharmaceutical reps seem
to drop off samples all the time. I didn't need anything near what Liz
indicates her brother needs, though. I'd certainly ask his regular doctor
if there are samples.

Jill

Old January 13th 09, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 11:12 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Take this or leave it, your choice: If I were you, I'd try again with
the drug mfg'rs
for those "discount cards" - more than one maker. You may or may not
have
been working when you applied before....guess what? I applied and
received two
mfgr's cards for drug discounts *when I was still working*, and they
required
NO verification, only your word online, no RL paperwork required. This
was late
90's. The requirements for these cards are much more liberal *now*.
All you
have to do is go to each mfgr's website and there will be some link
for applying.

The anti-depressant I was prescribed wasn't on the "approved" list of
discounted drugs available from the manufacturer. This was in 2005; I don't
know about now. These programs definitely help people who need medication
for what they consider *health* issues: diabetes, heart conditions, high
blood pressure, etc. What they consider *mental* health issues (even though
clinical depression is medical, not mental), some medications were approved.
Mine wasn't on their list.

However, Liz indicates her brother has ADD along with his other conditions
so his medications may well be on the approved list. If I were her I'd
certainly give the links a try as well as ask his doctor about
pharmaceutical samples to tide him over. If his doctor cut his doseage
(which I believe she also indicated) to the point where he's not functioning
with the lesser dose, I'd see about changing physicians.

I don't know where Liz lives but I'm pretty sure she's in the U.S. Wal*Mart
has a discount prescription program for the generic version of a lot of
prescriptions. The co-pay is $4 for a 30 day supply. After Wal*Mart
launched this program a lot of other stores followed suit. I know the
pharmacy in my grocery store has a program like this.

On a personal note, I need to find a local physician so I can get my medical
records transferred here and get back on my meds. I'm dealing with a lot of
stuff, and not nearly what Liz is dealing with. I've been taking St. Johns
Wort, which helps a little. So far I've been able to stave off the desire
to crawl under the covers and not come out again for a month (or two). It's
not going to work much longer. I've been running on adrenaline since my
mother died, and I'm afraid I'm running out of it.

Jill

Old January 13th 09, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

If I were you, I'd try again with the drug mfg'rs for those "discount
cards" - more than one maker. You may or may not have been working when
you applied before....guess what? I applied and received two mfgr's
cards for drug discounts *when I was still working*, and they required
NO verification, only your word online, no RL paperwork required. This
was late 90's. The requirements for these cards are much more liberal
*now*.

Liz indicates her brother has ADD along with his other conditions
so his medications may well be on the approved list.

I can't imagine that they'd be so relaxed about a violently addictive
drug which is very frequently abused - Adderal is an amphetamine.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old January 13th 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

hopitus wrote:

I understand. Wouldn't hurt to try again, though, it's cost-free
anyway, and
maybe the drug you mean is now considered in some other category that
the mfgr. will discount.
Consider a female primary care doc for all your recent stress-related
maladies; a sharp woman may be a whole lot more understanding...
yeah, sexist..so report me to the ASPCA

"...you mangy mutt!"

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 14th 09, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

":-)Liz" wrote in message
I've been madly trying to find a place my bro could move to after Mother's
death as we can't keep her home (finally found a small house that will
suit him)...the taxes and utilities on Mother's house are killing me! and
what with me having to quit my job and come handle the estate and my
bro....I'm about done in financially and mentally as well as
physically...He just ran out of all his prescription meds ( a week early,
as per usual) for depression, ADD and other ailments... and is NO HELP
...All I do from daybreak till I collapse at night is... sort, pack and
tote to another room all his crud... He has to be moved out by the end of
the mth...

I miss being with my kitties, they miss me too. When I collapse at night
they all cling to me...

Please put me in your thoughts, and prayers... :-( Liz

Hang in there Liz. This too shall pass. Asking the owners for lots of
purrs and am sending serenity thoughts and wishes your way.

Pam S.

I AM SO STRESSED Karen Cat anecdotes 42 March 30th 06 03:11 AM
Gingivitis - WHAT DO I DO!! So stressed! JQ Cat health & behaviour 9 June 24th 05 11:13 PM
stressed-out cat B Keene Cat health & behaviour 20 March 17th 04 05:41 PM
Help. Stressed over sick cat Newsman Cat health & behaviour 4 December 21st 03 10:45 PM
cat is constantly stressed Richard Walker Cat health & behaviour 18 September 29th 03 02:46 PM