Req. for brik on the wall

Old March 3rd 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Clowder (South)

Default Req. for brik on the wall

Darmok wrote:

On February 5, 2009 at 4:31pm (EST), my special black Maine Coon boy,
Geordi, went to the Rainbow Bridge. He was preceeded to the bridge by
his half brofur "Data", who went to the bridge 5-5-07. Data, house of
Somrak, has his brik on da walk of remembranz, and I would like to see
Geordi, house of Somrak, have a brik as well.(please)

[snipped Geordi's story with the greatest respect; posted and mailed]

Jayden, Pixel and I miss you so much Geordi. I hope you are enjoying
green grass and your half-brofur, Data at the Bridge.

Bill Somrak, sad dad

I'm so sorry, Bill. Geordi was such a handsome boy and his love and
trust in you certainly shone through in the way he waited for and
called to you when it was his time to leave.

There isn't an easy way to lose them but, yes, I think we'd all prefer
that they leave gently, on their own terms, from the home and with the
people they loved. Geordi was blessed in that, and doubly blessed to
have found his TrueHome with you.

Melissa

Uncle Bill? Geordi's brik has bin playsd onda Walk ov Remembranz, an
his naym will bee called during the seremonies at da Jellicle Ball dis
Oktobur.

It's a small fing, but wee hope it helps to no dat wee cayr, an wee'ze
purrrrrrrring fur Geordi an yur sad hart.

Mietze
--

RPC/RPCC Walk of Remembranz
http://www.geocities.com/bccclub/introduction.html
Old March 5th 09, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Mar 2, 7:07*pm, Darmok wrote:
On February 5, 2009 at 4:31pm (EST), my special black Maine Coon boy,
Geordi, went to the Rainbow Bridge. *He was preceeded to the bridge by
his half brofur "Data", who went to the bridge 5-5-07. Data, house of
Somrak, has his brik on da walk of remembranz, and I would like to see
Geordi, house of Somrak, have a brik as well.(please)

Geordi was born 9-27-90 and came to live at his one true home on
12-9-90 (along with his half-brofur, Data). *For most of his long
life, he had good health, but when he was in his 13th year, he was
diagnosed with diabetes. *Geordi was patient with me while I learned
to give him ear sticks to get his BG number, then give him his shot. I
did this twice a day (5am and 5pm) for almost 5 years. *In his last 2
years, he also had another 'senior' problem, chronic constipation.
Once again, like a good trooper, he learned to cope with twice a week
enemas to keep things going.

At the end of January, I notice him coughing and breathing heavy. I
took him to his TED, and he was diagnosed with severe pneumonia. After
a day of antibiotics and lasix, he seemed to be making a comeback, but
then he started slipping. When I left for work on the morning of Feb.
5, I gave him his insulin shot, and hugged him, and told him I'd see
him when I got home. *When I did get home, one look at him told me
that his time was very near. *I gave him some warmed milk from a
syringe, which he liked. His eyes were fully dilated and his limbs
felt cold. *I had placed him on my recliner, one of his favorite
places, and went to go check on the other boys. *Suddenly I heard him
calling to me and when I went back into the living room, he had
somehow managed to move himself from the recliner to the couch, which
was his favorite place. When I went to him, I could see that the
effort to get there had cost him dearly. *I cupped his head in my
hands and told him to relax and take it easy. About a minute later,
with a few ragged breaths, my special Geordi-boy left me to join his
half-brofur Data at the Bridge. *Tears streamed down my face and fell
on his soft black furs. *

Geordi was almost 18 1/2 years old, and for some time, I knew that he
was on his 9th live. *Every day I prayed that when his time came, that
he would be able to be at home, that I would be able to be with him,
and that he would have an easy passing. *God answered my prayers in
every way, but it still hurt so bad. *The house still seems so empty,
despite the companionship of Jayden & Pixel, my two younger Maine Coon
boys. *Every time I think of how he managed to hang on until I got
home from work, and then got himself to his favorite spot, and then
called me to be with him, I am reminded of how close our bond had
become. *It has taken me this long to be able to come here to post
this sad news, and my face is still streaked, despite the passing of
almost a month since Geordi went to the Bridge.

Geordi lives on in my heart, along with his half-brofur Data, forever.
I hope that he will be added to the Walk of Remembranz. I have a
memorial page for Geordi & Data, and other kitties on my webpage at:http://www.cooncat.net/tributes.html

Geordi & Data each have their own urn receptacle for their ashes. I
have completed Data's memorial photo album, but have not yet been able
to start on Geordi's. *Perhaps in a couple more weeks.

Jayden, Pixel and I miss you so much Geordi. I hope you are enjoying
green grass and your half-brofur, Data at the Bridge.

Bill Somrak, sad dad

Purrs and prayers of comfort go out to you and Geordi. It's never
easy losing those we love.

Heather, DaRennieKidz an fosterkittiez
Old March 6th 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Ajo Clowder

On Mar 2, 5:07*pm, Darmok wrote:
[...]

Many purrrrs for Geordi's journey to join Data and for your broken
heart. A bond that strong cannot be broken by death.
Gabrielle with her furs
Old March 8th 09, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

How I can identify with your sad loss and loving story.
You know the depths of sorrow yet even then you still feel the love
that doesn't die.I 've been reduced to tears because your story has
brought back to me all the little friends I have lost over the years
and how it hurt. However I'd rather set myself up for that pain than
never to have had the love so freely given by those same little scraps
of fur. Your webpage is beautiful too .
.. It takes time to recover from losing a true friend and that is what
you have been to Geordi.

Heers sum furry hugs fur yu Unca Bill.
Da Gordon Boyz anna weepyMeomie Bess

Iz a Brik for Ms. M-M ? The Fur Conspiracy Cat community 8 February 26th 09 11:54 PM
White Wall to Wall Carpeting and 8 Cats bonbon Cat anecdotes 57 August 5th 07 01:59 PM
He went up the wall Pat Cat anecdotes 10 July 15th 07 04:04 PM
New shadow on the wall badwilson Cat anecdotes 10 November 17th 06 03:03 AM