Jellicle Ball: Calling the Names of Honorees

Old October 18th 13, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

Default Jellicle Ball: Calling the Names of Honorees

[As the afternoon's light fades, a hush falls over the meadow and seems to spread...birds and insects beyond the twinkling lamp light fall silent...even the gentle sound of waves along the shores of Cat Island seems to mute. As the full moon appears on the horizon, a large white Persian climbs to the podium atop the large rock. A small beige pin in the shape of a winged cat is fastened to his sparkling white vest, and a red heart shaped tag silently sways on his watchchain.]

Good evening, sirs and ma'ams, dear friends.

Welcome, all, to the eighteenth annual Jellicle Ball.

On the evening of the first full moon in October, we gather as one community to honor family members, friends, and unknowns who have left us in the year gone by.

We gather in grief, to share our sadness.

We gather to celebrate the miracle of each one's life, and to honor the love we shared and carry deep in our hearts, forever.

The first name we call represents many; we may not have known their names but we were moved by their hard lives. Ferals, strays, the lost and the abused...all healed now, all safe and waiting at the Bridge for the family they never met while on this Earth.

I call their names, our deeply beloved Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast

Ginger, House of Babcock
Orange Thing Mahoney (OT), House of Barnes
Clarence, House of Buzard
Bear, House of Coan
Missy, House of Coen
Sookie, House of Dinsmore
Hazard, House of Havlicek
Katie, House of Havlicek
Saffron, House of Gilliat
Whiskey, House of Glaser
Gordon, House of Maveety
Asia, House of Miller
Chloe, House of Miller
Hades, House of Miller
Lil'Man, House of Miller
Tuck, House of Miller
Mini, House of Momorella
Cathy, House ot Moore
Cinnamon, House of Olds
Neko, House of Patterson/Guyette
Jack, House of Porter
Lavinia, House of Rennie
Liam, House of Rennie
Ryan, House of Rennie
Voodoo, House of Rennie
Luther, House of Schnackenberg
Aunti Mabel, House of Shenks
Matthew, House of Stacy
Cougar, House of Stott
Jack, House of Wickler-Cook
Salmonberry, House of Wikler-Cook
Old October 19th 13, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:37:54 -0700 (PDT), M Patterson
wrote:

[...]

day were all beautiful kitties who loved each other and loved hoomins
and ayt fudz. will be in our hearts forever.
beauty
Old October 19th 13, 02:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Good evening, sirs and ma'ams, dear friends.

Welcome, all, to the eighteenth annual Jellicle Ball.

On the evening of the first full moon in October, we gather as one
community to honor family members, friends, and unknowns who have left
us in the year gone by.

We gather in grief, to share our sadness.

We gather to celebrate the miracle of each one's life, and to honor the
love we shared and carry deep in our hearts, forever.

The first name we call represents many; we may not have known their
names but we were moved by their hard lives. Ferals, strays, the lost
and the abused...all healed now, all safe and waiting at the Bridge for
the family they never met while on this Earth.

I call their names, our deeply beloved Jellicle Honorees:

Thank you for that calling of names. It was very moving. We lost far too
many loved ones this year....

Amelia

Old October 19th 13, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

With misty eeyz, I gneed tu say...
So saaaad, so menny :`(
--
Pi2önya AKA Sweetee

Old October 19th 13, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pipps^ ..^=

yeUP, an a couple were dogs too. Bear and Luther
Love, -in sadness
Mosey and MeOwy

Old October 19th 13, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

On Friday, October 18, 2013 11:14:46 PM UTC-4, Mosey =^..^= wrote:
yeUP, an a couple were dogs too. Bear and Luther

Love, -in sadness

Mosey and MeOwy

And our first Secret Santa Coordinator, a human (and a veryvery great CatMom).

Azad

Old October 23rd 13, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

Azad, kud I ask yurownself to add a name fur da final kallin? Pleez add
Sophie, House of Maderos. She wuz a Himmie girl, and she wented to da Brij 2
daze ago at da aje uv 16 an a haff. She livved wif a fren uv owrown
sekkaterry whare she wuz much luvved. If yoo wud let myownself know when she
haz a brik on da Walk uv Rembrance, Meowmie will pass dat on to Sophie's
meowmie. Fangu furry much.