Req. for brik on the wall

Old March 3rd 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Darmok

Default Req. for brik on the wall

On February 5, 2009 at 4:31pm (EST), my special black Maine Coon boy,
Geordi, went to the Rainbow Bridge. He was preceeded to the bridge by
his half brofur "Data", who went to the bridge 5-5-07. Data, house of
Somrak, has his brik on da walk of remembranz, and I would like to see
Geordi, house of Somrak, have a brik as well.(please)

Geordi was born 9-27-90 and came to live at his one true home on
12-9-90 (along with his half-brofur, Data). For most of his long
life, he had good health, but when he was in his 13th year, he was
diagnosed with diabetes. Geordi was patient with me while I learned
to give him ear sticks to get his BG number, then give him his shot. I
did this twice a day (5am and 5pm) for almost 5 years. In his last 2
years, he also had another 'senior' problem, chronic constipation.
Once again, like a good trooper, he learned to cope with twice a week
enemas to keep things going.

At the end of January, I notice him coughing and breathing heavy. I
took him to his TED, and he was diagnosed with severe pneumonia. After
a day of antibiotics and lasix, he seemed to be making a comeback, but
then he started slipping. When I left for work on the morning of Feb.
5, I gave him his insulin shot, and hugged him, and told him I'd see
him when I got home. When I did get home, one look at him told me
that his time was very near. I gave him some warmed milk from a
syringe, which he liked. His eyes were fully dilated and his limbs
felt cold. I had placed him on my recliner, one of his favorite
places, and went to go check on the other boys. Suddenly I heard him
calling to me and when I went back into the living room, he had
somehow managed to move himself from the recliner to the couch, which
was his favorite place. When I went to him, I could see that the
effort to get there had cost him dearly. I cupped his head in my
hands and told him to relax and take it easy. About a minute later,
with a few ragged breaths, my special Geordi-boy left me to join his
half-brofur Data at the Bridge. Tears streamed down my face and fell
on his soft black furs.

Geordi was almost 18 1/2 years old, and for some time, I knew that he
was on his 9th live. Every day I prayed that when his time came, that
he would be able to be at home, that I would be able to be with him,
and that he would have an easy passing. God answered my prayers in
every way, but it still hurt so bad. The house still seems so empty,
despite the companionship of Jayden & Pixel, my two younger Maine Coon
boys. Every time I think of how he managed to hang on until I got
home from work, and then got himself to his favorite spot, and then
called me to be with him, I am reminded of how close our bond had
become. It has taken me this long to be able to come here to post
this sad news, and my face is still streaked, despite the passing of
almost a month since Geordi went to the Bridge.

Geordi lives on in my heart, along with his half-brofur Data, forever.
I hope that he will be added to the Walk of Remembranz. I have a
memorial page for Geordi & Data, and other kitties on my webpage at:
http://www.cooncat.net/tributes.html

Geordi & Data each have their own urn receptacle for their ashes. I
have completed Data's memorial photo album, but have not yet been able
to start on Geordi's. Perhaps in a couple more weeks.

Jayden, Pixel and I miss you so much Geordi. I hope you are enjoying
green grass and your half-brofur, Data at the Bridge.

Bill Somrak, sad dad
Old March 3rd 09, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

I'm purrrin fur Geordi, Bill. A good long life with a loving human
is about as good as it gets for a cat. Geordi was lucky in that.
He'll always be a part of you.

Fred

--
Peace,
Fred
Old March 3rd 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance

Purrz fur yurownself an fur Geordi.

Yur fellow Star Trek fan,
Sundance, who wouldn't have minded being named Spot

Old March 3rd 09, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Carol

Darmok wrote:

[...]

(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply by email).- Hide quoted text -

When you've had a wonderful cat (such as I know the Maine Coons to
be), and a wonderful loving relationship, you will need lots of time
to get through the grief. Give yourself a good year for this grieving
process and be very patient with yourself and accepting of this very
rough patch, which varies for each person. And of course Jayden and
Pixel may grieve in their own ways too. The world is such a better
place with someone like you in it. May you be blessed with God's
grace..Carol (MeOwy's Mommee)

Old March 3rd 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

Beautiful tribute.
Beautiful cats, both Geordi and Data, as was their sire.

All we can do is "rememfurr"

Sylvia

Old March 3rd 09, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

I looked at your link, and read your tributes and the poems and cried.
Beautiful kitties, beautiful tributes. Our 19 year old Polydactdyl, Mutt,
went to The Bridge, Dec 9, 2007 on our big bed, so I can feel your pain.
Geordi waited for you... to say good-bye.
Purrs for your healing and know Geordi was so loved by you.
Purrs and prayers for your broken heart
Love
Kyla

"Darmok"

Old March 3rd 09, 08:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

we iz so veri sorri fur yourown sad heart, butted we purlezed dat you waz
able to haf yourown purarrs answered, you iz blessed to be able to say you
spoke to yourown G*D anna wuz answered, Trudi fur herown howze

Old March 3rd 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M

Jayden, Pixel and I miss you so much Geordi. I hope you are enjoying
green grass and your half-brofur, Data at the Bridge.

Bill Somrak, sad dad

I'm so sorry, Bill. I know how badly it hurts. My dear Cleopatra
journeyed to the Bridge just before New Years. She will welcome Geordi
and show him all the best places to get sun. And we're sending purrs for
your heart.

Dan
Old March 3rd 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Mar 2, 7:07*pm, Darmok wrote:
[...]

This household purrs for your grief and for Geordi's journey as he
goes where none of us has gone before. He will frolic with Data and
you may very well know their presence again.

Your tribute page is wonderful and will give you comfort when you are
ready for comfort.

--
Will in New Haven

Iz a Brik for Ms. M-M ? The Fur Conspiracy Cat community 8 February 26th 09 11:54 PM
White Wall to Wall Carpeting and 8 Cats bonbon Cat anecdotes 57 August 5th 07 01:59 PM
He went up the wall Pat Cat anecdotes 10 July 15th 07 04:04 PM
New shadow on the wall badwilson Cat anecdotes 10 November 17th 06 03:03 AM