Physical Therapy with Djoser! BW

Old September 17th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

Default Physical Therapy with Djoser! BW

I am seeing a Physical Therapist twice a week. And I now have several
exercises to do at home every day twice a day. Some of them I do
standing up. some of them I do on the bed. And that is where I have
trouble.

Djoser knows the routine of bedtime. That is when he gets a vigorous
petting before we both settle down to sleep together.

The first exercise I do is lie down with one leg straight and the
other I pull up to my chest and hold for 30 seconds. Repeat, then do
the other leg. So I lie down and pull my knee up. Now that is not too
easy considering the fact that my ample belly is in the way. so it
takes both hands to hold the position.

But Djoser wants his petting. So he starts rubbing his face against my
hands. Occasionally, his teeth rake my fingers. My hands loosen a bit.
Then the 30 seconds are done so I relax the leg for a few seconds.
That is a good time to give Djoser a few pets. Then I pull my leg up
again. He rubs my hands again and deliberately nips my fingers! I
think I got 10 seconds that time.

Then I grab the other leg and hold. It is across my body from him. He
purrs, and then walks right over my body to reach my hands! And of
course his little pointy feet step right on...erm...certain soft
anatomy, which is being squeezed between my arms in the effort to hold
my leg in position. I beg him to get down while i jiggle my shoulders
in an effort to dislodge him. I finally let go the leg and pick him up
off my anatomy and pet him on the bed.

I think I got 20 seconds on that leg. Try again. Same scenario. So I
go to the next exercise, which is rocking my hips up and down with my
stomach muscles tightened. My hands are free, so I can pet him. But
you know the old childhood thing--pat your head with one hand and rub
your belly with the other? This is the same thing. I get all mixed up
and find I am massaging Djoser instead of rubbing him. He likes it.
But i had let go my stomach muscles and got mixed up on the rocking
and lost count. Boy!

On to the next one. This one my knees are bent and I have to raise my
hips up in the air with my back straight and my stomach taut. My hands
are pushing on the bed as I lift. But I can't hold up, and thump to
the bed. Why? Because Djoser jumped upon my belly and settled down!
"Djoser! I have enough trouble lifting my own butt! I can't lift both
of us!" And I am not supposed to be lifting wieghts. B*st*rd cat!

Sigh! I guess I will just have to close the door from now on and
listen to him scratch at it.

--
CATherine
Old September 17th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-09-16 21:57:08 -0500, CATherine
said:

[...]

He is practicing being a PT cat

Old September 17th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

On 2006-09-16 21:57:08 -0500, CATherine
said:

[...]

What do you expect? He is a PeT (Physical ex-Therapist). What he is
trying to tell you is that it is time for a CAT Scan.

--tension

Old September 18th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On 2006-09-16 21:57:08 -0500, CATherine
said:

He is practicing being a PT cat

Oh, I am sure Steve, my therapist, would be proud of him supervising
me so well! ;-)

--
CATherine
Old September 18th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On 17 Sep 2006 02:06:06 -0700, "tension_on_the_wire"

On 2006-09-16 21:57:08 -0500, CATherine
said:

What do you expect? He is a PeT (Physical ex-Therapist). What he is
trying to tell you is that it is time for a CAT Scan.

--tension

Oh! Is that why he got on my belly? That was a cat scan? ;-D

--
CATherine
Old September 18th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

wrote:
What do you expect? He is a PeT (Physical ex-Therapist). What he is
trying to tell you is that it is time for a CAT Scan.

Oh! Is that why he got on my belly? That was a cat scan? ;-D

Well, that was a "limited" or "modified" CAT Scan. The full deal is
when you are on a guerney, and you get slid into this circle of cats
all sitting in sphinx position facing the center of the circle (that's
you) and staring at you really hard. It involves a lot more
radiation.....

--tension

Old September 19th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

wrote:
What do you expect? He is a PeT (Physical ex-Therapist). What he is
trying to tell you is that it is time for a CAT Scan.

Oh! Is that why he got on my belly? That was a cat scan? ;-D

Well, that was a "limited" or "modified" CAT Scan. The full deal is
when you are on a guerney, and you get slid into this circle of cats
all sitting in sphinx position facing the center of the circle (that's
you) and staring at you really hard. It involves a lot more
radiation.....

--tension

Oh, my! I had better be good with my health! And obey my cats. I am
sure that full deal cat scan takes place on the Mothership! Scary! ;-)

--
CATherine
Old September 19th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

On 2006-09-16 21:57:08 -0500, CATherine
said:

He is practicing being a PT cat

Oh, I am sure Steve, my therapist, would be proud of him supervising
me so well! ;-)

--
CATherine

Absolutely!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old September 20th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:57:08 -0600, CATherine
wrote:

[...]

Don't you love it when your kitty nurse is more of an impediment than
a help?

This past week or so since I fell down the stairs, I have been laying
down in the bed a lot. Arthur really wants to help nurse me, so of
course, he steps on me ("I am NOT furniture!" I keep telling them, to
no avail) so he can get right up in my face and nuzzle me and lick my
nose. And Kate is right behind him, stepstep OUCH stepstep OUCH
nuzzle nuzzle lick.

Gotta love the little you-know-whats ;-)

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)