I'm having new neighbour problems OT

Old December 18th 11, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I'm having new neighbour problems OT

Strictly speaking they have the dropped kerb in front of their property that
allows me to get my car out.
They continually block it and get annoyed if I ask them to move their car so
I can get mine out.
On Wednesday I asked them once again and I had to hop with my bad foot
around to their house to ask. They went crazy. They shouted at me and I
had to tell them not to do so. It seems that they think they can block it
as much as they want, I said but I can't get my car out if you do and they
said that's too bad for you isn't it? I said I've been here 25 years and
never had a problem with it with my previous neighbours and they said "we
arent your previous neighbours, are we?"
They have to get my permission to build a wall they want and to take down
two trees that they cannot get to except if they do it on my land.
Strangely enough, I am going to say no.
Tweed

Old December 18th 11, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

There is nothing worse than rude neighbors. Especially since you can't
really get away from them. You have my sympathy.

Jill

Old December 18th 11, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

at the risk of lighting you up, tweed, what will you do if they cut anyway?
sounds as if they are a bit nasty... but then... a written agreement that
you will have a clear drive in exchange for the wall and trees might work,
especially if there is something that says if they block it five times they
must pay for your curbcut? Lee

Old December 18th 11, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

[...]

I don't at all blame you - what rude and atrocious behavior. Is it
possible for you to call the police to have it towed for improper parking?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old December 18th 11, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Revenge is a dish best served cold. No way now they will step one foot on my
land to do what they want. It's too bad for them, isn't it? ;-))
I told my brother to come round when they wanted to talk about the wall, he
said he would and he would be saying "Nothing to talk about, you aren't
putting a 6 foot wall up three feet away in front of my sister's kitchen
window, goodbye.."
I hope I don't have to bring him into play as I know he'll get too furious
and lose his temper.
He already said I've been too kind with them.
He's not like me or my other brother who tries the kind approach. Which has
failed, tbh.
Sometimes, people think that a person on their own, especially a woman can
be taken advantage of and bullied.
If that's what my new neighbours think, they have another think coming.

Old December 18th 11, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Ross Mc Master

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 23:47:07 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Is this kerb directly betwen your house and the road, is it 100% on
the neighbour's side, or is it in common with the neighbours? Do you
have the land to redo your driveway so that you have your own dropped
kerb? Even if it costs a bit of money the best thing may be to pay for
a solution and then allow them to build their wall so that you will
have privacy from those people.
I once lived next door to a man who was once a Supreme Court justice's
clerk, and he said the one thing he had learned from the law was that
people want to kill each other over one foot of real estae.
Old December 18th 11, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

No, I got the council parking wardens out to appeal to their nicest,, no go.
The only way I can get my car out is if have a dropped kerb installed
outside my house which will cost me more than thousand pounds. Then if I
am blocked in its enforcable by law if I am blocked in by all their cars.
I've never had a situation like this. that a neighbour makes it so I cannot
get my car out, why would they do this and get so aggressive if I ask them
to move their car?

They suggest I will have to get myself a new dropped curb for myself and it
will cost loads.
They made a bad decision. I'm a mild person usually but they can forget
their wall or taking two trees down which they can't do only from my side.
Bad luck, isn't it? Just like they told me about getting my car out.

Tweed

Old December 18th 11, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

or tell them they can take the trees and put up the wall after they make the
final payment on your dop curb, Lee

Old December 18th 11, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

[...]

It's 90% their side

Do you
have the land to redo your driveway so that you have your own dropped
kerb?

I've decided I will get my own dropped kerb, needs planning permission and
will cost lots, maybe even two thousand.

and then allow them to build their wall so that you will
have privacy from those people.

I'm not allowing a 6 ft wall 3 feet outside my kitchen window to block out
my light. Full stop.
They really made a big mistake to a) shout at me in their front garden - how
embarrassing is that? b) be unreasonable by blocking my car in for weeks.

They will be unable to build their wall or take the trees down as in both
cases they will have do it from my side.
And as they said "too bad, isn't it?"
Those who laughs last, laughs longest.

Tweed

Old December 18th 11, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Hahaha. No trees will be taken and no wall will be put up.
My neighbour over the road has called her house "Poplar View" so imagine the
difficulty of this if the poplar trees are taken down. It cannot be done
unless it's done from my side and I will say no.