Holly's 18th birthday

Old June 1st 13, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Holly's 18th birthday

Today is Holly’s 18th birthday. She has passed another major milestone!
She is half-sitting/half-lying beside the keyboard as I type (her usual
position when I’m at the computer) and looking up at me with her gorgeous
gold eyes. Her paws are dangling over the side of the keyboard tray and
resting gently on my arm. It makes me feel so good to know that she still
always wants to be with me. Happy birthday, little girl!

Photos (top 3 photos show Holly on her 17th and 18th birthdays):
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9165042

MaryL

Old June 1st 13, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/1/2013 1:28 AM, MaryL wrote:
Today is Holly’s 18th birthday. She has passed another major milestone!
She is half-sitting/half-lying beside the keyboard as I type (her usual
position when I’m at the computer) and looking up at me with her
gorgeous gold eyes. Her paws are dangling over the side of the keyboard
tray and resting gently on my arm. It makes me feel so good to know
that she still always wants to be with me. Happy birthday, little girl!

Photos (top 3 photos show Holly on her 17th and 18th birthdays):
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9165042

MaryL

She's so pretty! Happy purr-day, Holly! Hope you get some treats.

Jill
Old June 1st 13, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 00:28:05 -0500, MaryL wrote:

Today is Holly’s 18th birthday. She has passed another major milestone!
She is half-sitting/half-lying beside the keyboard as I type (her usual
position when I’m at the computer) and looking up at me with her
gorgeous gold eyes. Her paws are dangling over the side of the keyboard
tray and resting gently on my arm. It makes me feel so good to know
that she still always wants to be with me. Happy birthday, little girl!

Photos (top 3 photos show Holly on her 17th and 18th birthdays):
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9165042

MaryL

We are sending our purrs and best wishes that all of your days will be as
happy and nice as now. MLB and TuTu
Old June 1st 13, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"MaryL" wrote:
Today is Holly’s 18th birthday. She has passed another major milestone!
She is half-sitting/half-lying beside the keyboard as I type (her usual
position when I’m at the computer) and looking up at me with her gorgeous
gold eyes. Her paws are dangling over the side of the keyboard tray and
resting gently on my arm. It makes me feel so good to know that she
still always wants to be with me. Happy birthday, little girl!

Photos (top 3 photos show Holly on her 17th and 18th birthdays):
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9165042

MaryL

Happy Purrday, Holly. Love those beautiful eyes.
--
Hate the belief, love the believer.
Old June 2nd 13, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

Happy Birthday Holly....

Old June 2nd 13, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MaryL wrote:

Today is Holly?s 18th birthday. She has passed another major milestone!
She is half-sitting/half-lying beside the keyboard as I type (her usual
position when I?m at the computer) and looking up at me with her gorgeous
gold eyes. Her paws are dangling over the side of the keyboard tray and
resting gently on my arm. It makes me feel so good to know that she still
always wants to be with me. Happy birthday, little girl!

Photos (top 3 photos show Holly on her 17th and 18th birthdays):
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9165042

Happy birthday, beautiful girl!

Does she have some Persian in her ancestry?

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher
Old June 2nd 13, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 6/1/2013 1:28 AM, MaryL wrote:
Today is Holly’s 18th birthday. She has passed another major milestone!
She is half-sitting/half-lying beside the keyboard as I type (her usual
position when I’m at the computer) and looking up at me with her
gorgeous gold eyes. Her paws are dangling over the side of the keyboard
tray and resting gently on my arm. It makes me feel so good to know
that she still always wants to be with me. Happy birthday, little girl!

Photos (top 3 photos show Holly on her 17th and 18th birthdays):
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9165042

MaryL

Happy purrday Holly! Beautiful as ever.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old June 2nd 13, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message ...

MaryL wrote:

Today is Holly?s 18th birthday. She has passed another major milestone!
She is half-sitting/half-lying beside the keyboard as I type (her usual
position when I?m at the computer) and looking up at me with her gorgeous
gold eyes. Her paws are dangling over the side of the keyboard tray and
resting gently on my arm. It makes me feel so good to know that she still
always wants to be with me. Happy birthday, little girl!

Photos (top 3 photos show Holly on her 17th and 18th birthdays):
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9165042

Happy birthday, beautiful girl!

Does she have some Persian in her ancestry?

Joyce

~~~~~~~
I was told when I adopted her (at the age of 6 months) that she is a
combination of Persian and Oriental shorthair. This is the story that I
posted about her several years ago: Supposedly, a breeder had deliberately
mixed Persian with Oriental shorthair. The breeder was trying to develop
some type of “new” breed. Moreover, her “new” breed had to be a specific
color – dusty gray, while Holly is gorgeous black. Since Holly was
“imperfect” in this breeder’s vocabulary, Holly was going to be destroyed.
Luckily, a woman who worked in a pet supply store asked if she could have
her instead and would try to find a home for her. Then I came along. Amber
had recently died at the age of 16, and I had decided that it was time to
adopt another cat. So, Holly came into my life.

One of the first things I did after I adopted Holly was to change her name.
She had been named Jinx because she was seen as a “bad luck cat.” both for
her color and for her background. I did not want that pretty little girl to
be saddled with such a negative name, so she became "Holly" (short for
“holiday cat” because she was adopted the day after Thanksgiving, during the
interval between Thanksgiving and Christmas). She has brought immense joy
to my life, and people often comment that she is obviously a one-person cat.
Everywhere I go, she quickly follows. I sometimes call her my "shadow cat"
or "velcro kitty."

MaryL

Old June 2nd 13, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 6/1/2013 1:28 AM, MaryL wrote:
Today is Holly’s 18th birthday. She has passed another major milestone!
She is half-sitting/half-lying beside the keyboard as I type (her usual
position when I’m at the computer) and looking up at me with her
gorgeous gold eyes. Her paws are dangling over the side of the keyboard
tray and resting gently on my arm. It makes me feel so good to know
that she still always wants to be with me. Happy birthday, little girl!

Photos (top 3 photos show Holly on her 17th and 18th birthdays):
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9165042

MaryL

Happy purrday Holly! Beautiful as ever.

~~~~~~
Amazingly, she is still solid black--not a white hair on her body!

MaryL

Old June 2nd 13, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message
Today is Holly's 18th birthday. She has passed another major milestone!
She is half-sitting/half-lying beside the keyboard as I type (her usual
position when I'm at the computer) and looking up at me with her gorgeous
gold eyes. Her paws are dangling over the side of the keyboard tray and
resting gently on my arm. It makes me feel so good to know that she still
always wants to be with me. Happy birthday, little girl!

Photos (top 3 photos show Holly on her 17th and 18th birthdays):
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9165042

MaryL

Happy birthday, Holly, and may you have many more.
Tweed & Boyfie