Yowling!

Old May 17th 16, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Yowling!

It must have been around 4AM, I was awakened by Buffy yowling her head
off in the living room.

Chances are she spotted a raccoon on the patio. The first time I heard
her yowl like that it scared me. This time I was mostly annoyed because
I was sleeping really well for a change. Buffy, it's just some critter
outside. A raccoon or something. Maybe even another cat, but it's
outside. It can't get you. Please play with your toys and let me get
some sleep! G

Jill
Old May 18th 16, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
It must have been around 4AM, I was awakened by Buffy yowling her head off
in the living room.

Chances are she spotted a raccoon on the patio. The first time I heard
her yowl like that it scared me. This time I was mostly annoyed because I
was sleeping really well for a change. Buffy, it's just some critter
outside. A raccoon or something. Maybe even another cat, but it's
outside. It can't get you. Please play with your toys and let me get
some sleep! G

Jill

well if it was a raccoon they have bandit masks so that may have been
interpretted as a burglar.

Old May 18th 16, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/17/2016 11:28 PM, Matt Ferrari wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
It must have been around 4AM, I was awakened by Buffy yowling her head off
in the living room.

Chances are she spotted a raccoon on the patio. The first time I heard
her yowl like that it scared me. This time I was mostly annoyed because I
was sleeping really well for a change. Buffy, it's just some critter
outside. A raccoon or something. Maybe even another cat, but it's
outside. It can't get you. Please play with your toys and let me get
some sleep! G

Jill

well if it was a raccoon they have bandit masks so that may have been
interpretted as a burglar.

She's a good watch-cat, that's for sure.

Jill
Old May 18th 16, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/18/2016 5:27 AM, Judith Latham wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
It must have been around 4AM, I was awakened by Buffy yowling her
head off in the living room.

Chances are she spotted a raccoon on the patio. The first time I
heard her yowl like that it scared me. This time I was mostly
annoyed because I was sleeping really well for a change. Buffy, it's
just some critter outside. A raccoon or something. Maybe even
another cat, but it's outside. It can't get you. Please play with
your toys and let me get some sleep! G

Jill

well if it was a raccoon they have bandit masks so that may have been
interpretted as a burglar.

She's a good watch-cat, that's for sure.

Jill

Buffy's yowling probably scared off whatever it was. A cat's yowling is
awesome.

Judith

Awesome indeed! She sounds like a severe weather siren

Jill
Old May 18th 16, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Judith Latham wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
It must have been around 4AM, I was awakened by Buffy yowling her
head off in the living room.

Chances are she spotted a raccoon on the patio. The first time I
heard her yowl like that it scared me. This time I was mostly
annoyed because I was sleeping really well for a change. Buffy, it's
just some critter outside. A raccoon or something. Maybe even
another cat, but it's outside. It can't get you. Please play with
your toys and let me get some sleep! G

Jill

well if it was a raccoon they have bandit masks so that may have been
interpretted as a burglar.

She's a good watch-cat, that's for sure.

Jill

Buffy's yowling probably scared off whatever it was. A cat's yowling is
awesome.

Except when you're worrying that your cat's yowling at midnight (for
treats) is going to get you evicted!

--
Joyce

I've gone running from the devil
At times I've beaten down his path
Old May 18th 16, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/18/2016 3:59 PM, Bastette wrote:
Judith Latham wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Fortunately I don't have to worry about that. It sounds like someone
cranked up the siren on an antique fire engine. She does not like
interlopers!

Buffy is usually a fairly quiet cat. Oh, she talks to me from time to
time, sure. But she only yowls when some critter has come across her
path of vision. Then she starts wailing like a banshee. It's a scary
sound!

I called to her to join me on the bed. She didn't. She probably went
to sleep with one ear/eye open.

Jill
Old May 25th 16, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
It must have been around 4AM, I was awakened by Buffy yowling her head
off in the living room.

Chances are she spotted a raccoon on the patio. The first time I heard
her yowl like that it scared me. This time I was mostly annoyed because
I was sleeping really well for a change. Buffy, it's just some critter
outside. A raccoon or something. Maybe even another cat, but it's
outside. It can't get you. Please play with your toys and let me get
some sleep! G

Jill

well if it was a raccoon they have bandit masks so that may have been
interpretted as a burglar.

grin I'm lucky that Boyfie has accepted that he a) isn't allowed out at
night because of foxes b) goes to his bedroom when I do and sleeps all
night, but he does sometimes get up earlier than I do. We're working on "do
not meow at my bedroom door at 6 a.m."

Old May 25th 16, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

It could be worse. I have a friend who currently has six miniature
Schnauzer puppies. He recently retired, and would like to sleep late,

Yowling Vinnie34 Cat health & behaviour 30 October 1st 06 03:58 AM
yowling cat stopped yowling yepp Cat anecdotes 4 August 22nd 06 10:38 PM
yowling cat yepp Cat health & behaviour 0 June 24th 06 09:36 PM
Yowling? Yowie Cat anecdotes 20 December 2nd 05 11:41 PM
tried everything for Yowling Ensoul100 Cat health & behaviour 33 September 22nd 03 06:13 AM