Pam S & Family in Lawton

Old June 15th 04, 06:23 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Pam S & Family in Lawton

Sherry, her husband, and I hooked up with Pam and family this evening,
and had a good visit. Just a little confusion hooking up, but thanks
to cell phones we all managed to link up, though Rob and the kids just
barely got the tent up before dark, and Pam was cooking up steaks and
hamburgers by flashlight ;-)

One of the reasons I've been getting Sammy used to riding in the truck
was so that I could take her, but I hadn't really mentioned that since
I wasn't sure if she'd be ready for that long a ride (maybe 30 miles
each way). But, she has was ready, so she rode out with me. Turns out
she handled the ride fine, though it's by far the longest she's gone,
but she turned shy on me and spent almost all her time inside her
carrier where she felt safe. Guess it was all the new people, since
we've been visiting parks on our drives and she usually comes out and
explores on her leash while I walk along behind her. Tonight she just
wanted to hide in the bushes. I ended up putting her in the carrier
when it got dark, since it's pert near impossible to see a mostly
black tuxedo kitty after dark - and I sure didn't want to get ready to
leave and find an empty collar on the other end of her leash.

As we were getting ready to leave, Sherry and Pam took some pictures -
they'll let you know when they post them. And of course while we were
off taking pictures the coons decided to help clean the food off the
picnic table. LOL We also got a laugh since one coon climbed through
the window of my truck while we were eating. I've been taking a can of
Fancy Feast along on our drives as a treat for Sammy, so the coon may
have smelled that or just the pot of beans I took to the dinner.
Either way, the coon was disappointed, since only the smell was in the
truck. They did get some of the FF, though, while we were off taking
pictures, since I had left half a can in a zip lock bag at the table,
and found it had been ripped open and half eaten when I got home.

Tomorrow Pam and family will be heading west, so you folks out there
be looking for them.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old June 15th 04, 07:26 AM
Sherry

It was fun. Of course, getting to see Sammy was such a treat too. I think she
did amazingly well. She was apprehensive, but I think she did great.
Pam's family is great. Her kids are bright, and fun to talk to. She & Rob make
you feel that you've always known them after 5 minutes.
The raccoon got Sammy's Fancy Feast???
Unfortunately, after we got a couple of miles down the road, a big raccoon ran
right in front of us and we hit it :-( I can't believe they are so
overpopulated They were everywhere.
Here's one of the pictures I took. Unfortunately, all I got was a couple of
group shots since it was dark before we got settled. If you want me to email
the rest to you, just let me know.
http://members.aol.com/greywolf17/rpca.jpg

What a motley crew, huh?

Sherry

Old June 15th 04, 03:15 PM
Annie Wxill

"Sherry " wrote in message
....Here's one of the pictures I took. ...
http://members.aol.com/greywolf17/rpca.jpg
What a motley crew, huh?
Sherry

Great photo.
I envy Pam getting to meet so many of the group.
Annie