[OT] Word Rant

Old February 2nd 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Word Rants

CatNipped wrote:
I agree. I was supposed to get $50 rebate for my monitor. I filled out all
the forms, included the original sales receipt and everything else that was
specified on the rebate form, and then waited two weeks for a check. What I
got was a notice that we needed the UPC from the box (which we had, by that
time, thrown away) before we could get the rebate!

That's why companies offer rebates instead of discounts in the first
place. They know a % of their customers will either don't bother or mess
up the requirements for the rebate, so they make an extra profit. It's a
complicated deceiving process by design.

Victor, who currently has a rebate check on the fridge, waiting to be
deposited. But who's also missed on many, many rebates due to stupid
technicalities.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 2nd 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

NMR wrote:
I take it Fry's is an electronic store or computer retailer. If so you all

It is, I've only been there once or twice, but people here in Austin
were very excited when it opened.

need anything like that ask me I can direct you to find almost anything at
wholesale and reputable online dealers or retailers

I am actually playing with the idea of upgrading my computer on the
cheap by buying a motherboard, CPU and RAM and installing them myself.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 2nd 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I have done it try this site first www.tigerdirect.com they are here
in Florida, I have never had a problem yet. the one thing. I like about
them is that they have a rebate guarantee which you can read about on their
site

Old February 2nd 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I agree. I was supposed to get $50 rebate for my monitor. I filled out all
the forms, included the original sales receipt and everything else that was
specified on the rebate form, and then waited two weeks for a check. What I
got was a notice that we needed the UPC from the box (which we had, by that
time, thrown away) before we could get the rebate!

--

This happened to us on a Haupagge video card. Dave argued that it wasn't clear in the instructions what a UPC was and to their credit they gave in and sent the rebate

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 2nd 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-02-02, Victor Martinez penned:

That's why companies offer rebates instead of discounts in the first
place. They know a % of their customers will either don't bother or
mess up the requirements for the rebate, so they make an extra
profit. It's a complicated deceiving process by design.

As far as I could tell, the Fry's rebate service didn't just make the
requirements confusing, they actively lied about whether I had
fulfilled them.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 4th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:

That's why companies offer rebates instead of discounts in the first
place. They know a % of their customers will either don't bother or
mess up the requirements for the rebate, so they make an extra profit.

I suspect it's also a way of beefing up their direct-marketing mailing
lists.

Joyce

[OT] Rant CatNipped Cat anecdotes 15 January 6th 06 12:36 AM
[OT] Rant CatNipped Cat anecdotes 30 April 28th 05 05:45 AM
OT Rant, rant rant Karen Cat anecdotes 38 March 27th 05 04:09 AM
[OT] Away for a while and a rant CatNipped Cat anecdotes 22 January 14th 05 03:16 PM