declawing

Old August 19th 03, 02:38 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...
My kids would know better. I certainly did.

Kids only know what their parents bother to teach them. Small
children incapable of knowing how to treat an animal shouldn't be
around them unsupervised. I wasn't.

A kid doesn't have to be unsupervised to get bit. It only takes
seconds.

I suppose. I can't say never. I can only say in my whole life, family,
friends, and experience, I've never seen it happen. I'm talking tha
family pet, not those horrible dog attacks in the news or something.

Your pity should be reserved for your own kids if they don't have
a parent who cares enough to teach them how to respect animals. It
is for their own safety as much as for the animals. If you don't
know that by now, there's nothing I can do for you.

I never said it was ok for kids to mistreat animals. Why do you insist
on an either/or scenario? If a kid hurts an animal, they should be
corrected. But not by the animal. The animal is not the
disciplinarian. There's a whole list of other ways the animal can
react. They should never be allowed to hurt a child.

And I never said the animal was the disciplinarian. I said one should
expect to get injured if one injures the family pet. In fact, I
specifically said parents need to teach their children how to act around
pets, and as far as I'm concerned, that includes discipline for being
rough. If the kid is too rough and gets nipped or scratched, well, he
just learned a valuable lesson. Cause and effect. Has nothing to do with
discipline.

Note: I'm not talking about a pet attacking the kid, here. I'm talking
reflexive action, not deliberate malice. If I had an animal I thought
was aggressive or might hurt my child, that animal would never be near
my child.

~kaeli~
Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?
If that cell phone was up your a$$, maybe you could
drive a little better!
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old August 19th 03, 02:43 PM
Alison Smiley Perera

In article ,
Relish wrote:

Alison Smiley Perera wrote:
In article ,
Relish wrote:

Careful, Alison in OH, I did not write that post.

My apologies, should have been attributed to kaeli.
Old August 19th 03, 02:43 PM
Alison Smiley Perera

In article ,
Relish wrote: