Older Cat not going all the way into the littler box.

Old August 29th 04, 10:15 PM
JB

Default Older Cat not going all the way into the littler box.

Old August 29th 04, 10:29 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"JB" wrote in message
The last few days my 14 year old cat to which has been fixed years ago
has started to not go all the way into the potty box and he sprays out
onto the papers I have under the box. He has always gone in the box
before but now he doesn't hit the box very much. I have a plastic sheet
covered with newspapers under his box in the basement to which I have
done all along. I have used the same littler for years but now it is
coming into a plastic pour container. Before it was in a paper bag. It
is the clump kind and now what clumps are in the box almost looks like
they are glued. It sticks to the box when I go to empty it. I don't
know if it is him or they have a new formula in the litter. I have
called the company but only got the answering machine. I left a message
but haven't gotten an answer yet. I even tried a new littler and that
didn't seem to do any good either. If anyone has any ideas of what I
could do I would sure appreciate it. Thank you...... JB

Have you tried a bigger - maybe the biggest one you can find - litter box?
Would give him more room to hopefully hit in the box.

When one of my cats was older, she would sometimes stand w/ all 4 feet in
the box, except her rear end would be outside the box... She *thought* she
was hitting the litter.

Cathy

Old August 30th 04, 07:41 AM
-L. :

--

Over time, plastics absorb odor - the cat may be reacting to the smell
of the litter box itself. I'd replace it with a new box, and replace

The other issue is arthritis. Often cats can't squat in their old
age. This is an issue with my Mimi - she occassionally hangs her
kitty bits over the box and pees on the floor. Your vet can address
this if you think it might be a factor.

good luck,
-L.